Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Someone miscounted/done goofed up last night, Braun Strowman is the 4th member of Team RAW for Survivor Series, not the 5th and final member..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once again Bayley loses. She fought and beat Nia Jax before. And when she lost to Nia before it was a hard fought match.

I'd say Ellsworth could get a place on the SD team by winning a battle royal by doing a Homer. Then when he faces Strowman. Strowman will beat him down to the point he's disqualified. Assuming Strowman isn't one of the remaining participants at the end, it wouldn't be agood time for him to suffer his first pinfall or submission. So DQ or countout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, could definitely see him doing a '90 Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,936 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On route to glasgow now for raw and SD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What time is been recorded at tonight?

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »

Going out on a limb, I'd guess RAW from 7-9, then Smackdown afterwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    paulie21 wrote: »

Smackdown is tomorrow not tonight and raw is three hours not two lithium. To quote Damien sandow "you're welcome"

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Smackdown is tomorrow not tonight and raw is three hours not two lithium. To quote Damien sandow "you're welcome"

Yes I know the length of both shows, I got mixed up with days.. Also no need to mention me by full username everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There is a circle in hell where you are forced to watch a 3 hour plus Raw taping followed by Smackdown in one sitting. God bless anyone who can manage to sit through a 3 hour Raw at 1 o'clock in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes I know the length of both shows, I got mixed up with days.. Also no need to mention me by full username everytime.
    Alright sorry didn't mean to piss you off. I was just clearing up.

• Advertisement

Alright sorry didn't mean to piss you off. I was just clearing up.

I'm not pissed, I'm discombobulated with all the plates i'm spinning.. Mix ups happen.

I digress, back on track...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Read on Reddit that
    the "Heeey, hey Bayley" chant went on for 5 minutes during her and Charlotte's promo. That must've been weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Celtic graphic seemed to get quite a lot of boos. Must be lots of Rangers fans there. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Read on Reddit that
    the "Heeey, hey Bayley" chant went on for 5 minutes during her and Charlotte's promo. That must've been weird.

The fans hijacked the segment, but in a way I 100%; supporting a babyface who has been horrifically used since their call up, letting WWE know they love and support them. I couldn't help be reminded of the segment with Bryan and the other champions in the ring, where the crowd wouldn't shut up about Bryan.

Thought it was a good episode of Raw overall. A lot of build and focus on the PPV, not a whole lot of filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,936 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still can't believe I saw raw live in person

The bayley segment was brilliant, fatal 5 way main event was very good, crowd were red hot for that, bit of a lull for a few matches (new day vs the club and goldentruth vs shining stars), sheamus (we were the only guys with an Irish flag in the arena and waved with proudly, didn't expect the image of Celtic park to be booed so much) and Cesaro didn't wrestle either did Enzo and Cass. Seeing y2j in person was unreal and he is still the most over superstar in the WWE today

bar and toilet ques were horrendous in the arena (and choice of cider strongbow is disgusting) and I missed the start of the enzo and Cass segment cause of them.

Dark segment was funny, we got a Rollins vs Owens match and Rollins won by dq. Enzo and Cass came out to help Rollins who was attacked by Owens and Jericho. All the guys grabbed mics and started taking the piss, jericko took the piss out of enzo/Cass entrance, Glasgow was added to the list

Pics to follow later in the week. Smackdown tonight can't wait

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The fans hijacked the segment, but in a way I 100%; supporting a babyface who has been horrifically used since their call up, letting WWE know they love and support them. I couldn't help be reminded of the segment with Bryan and the other champions in the ring, where the crowd wouldn't shut up about Bryan.

Thought it was a good episode of Raw overall. A lot of build and focus on the PPV, not a whole lot of filler.

Was about to reference that NOCs segment. WWE making a big deal of Cena vs Orton for the title and the fans couldn't give 2 Fs and instead just wanted to let them know That D Bryan was their guy.

In this case they were bigging up Sasha while having Charlotte center of attention but the fans were having none of that although fair play to Sasha for actually doing a bit of the tune as that worked to get the crowd on her side and listening to her somewhat instead of how they were just loving getting at Charlotte, while showing their love for the hugger.

Hopefully they will take note and give Bayley a proper push because the UK Raw audiences are usually a really good indicator of their hardcore audiences true opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm probably in the minority but I really did not like the way the fans hijacked that Bayley segment. I wouldn't put it in the same bracket as the time the fans in Washington hijacked the Orton/Cena confrontation - which I think was great - for two reasons: 1) the Washington segment had Bryan as a peripheral figure when the audience wanted him to be centre stage; last night Bayley WAS the central figure. 2) in Washington, the fans focus was all on Bryan - they were trying to get him over; last night it felt to me like the fans were trying to get themselves over: the very worst type of hijack.

Last night also makes you appreciate the value of a guy like Cena who can take the fan reactions and bounce off them effortlessly. I felt the women were really bad at that, although at least Sasha tried. In fairness, only a few men would be able to take it in their stride like a Cena could.

I thought it was a poor show overall. I read that there was only one match in the first 75 minutes of the programme which is desperate. The New Day segment did nothing for me and went on way too long. I thought Sheamus had a few good lines though.

Best thing on the show by far imo was the Brock Lesnar talking package that they did. These are ALWAYS gold. There is no one in this business today that can exude menace the way Brock does. There is no one even in the same ballpark.

It was also nice to see Sami Zayn pick up a win. Anyone who missed Raw I'd advise seeking those moments out and ignoring the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I thought Sheamus had a few good lines though.

Get outta me bleedin' way will ye.

I don't think they needed to be told Bayley was over. After making her look bad recently they have her win over the champ seems more like they were keeping the fans happy more than anything else.

Once again the cruiserweights seem to be booked badly. Having Noam Dar debut in his home country and teaming him with the heel? Though maybe was just for the post match bit.

Surpirsed to see a Sami win, especially over Rusev. Guess they prefer having Sami lose to Ziggler than having Rusev lose to him.

So will Emma be face or heel. Seems like a heel gimmick.

And surprised for a company that's all about "Smack down your vote" that they tour Europe on election day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And surprised for a company that's all about "Smack down your vote" that they tour Europe on election day.

I'm sure any talent that would have voted have already done so during early voting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Surpirsed to see a Sami win, especially over Rusev. Guess they prefer having Sami lose to Ziggler than having Rusev lose to him.

Probably wishful thinking but Zayn to beat Ziggler for the belt and jump ship to Smackdown. He's wasted on Raw and Smackdown needs some decent mid careers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Probably wishful thinking but Zayn to beat Ziggler for the belt and jump ship to Smackdown. He's wasted on Raw and Smackdown needs some decent mid careers.

I think IC title is switching shows, cruisers to Smackdown to fit the decision to have the 205 Live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

The fatal 5 way was good fun. Shame Rollins and Reigns didn't get to do the Shield powerbomb to Strowman through the table. Would've been interesting to see if Seth could've managed to lift his 400lb frame onto Reigns shoulders. I know he would've jumped a bit but it still would be no small feat. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think IC title is switching shows, cruisers to Smackdown to fit the decision to have the 205 Live show.

Michael Cole said last night on raw the cruiserweigts are going no where when 205 starts in 3 weeks time. So expect them to stay on Raw.

DM_7 wrote: »

Couldn't see them having both the IC and US title back on the one show, would see the IC title pushed down to a lower mid card title like the old European title.

Couldnt see the cruisers switching to Smackdown, would be weird to have them switch to Smackdown and still have the 205 live on after the show finishes which I think is gonna flop big time. Think they made a big mistake not having the cruiserweights on both shows or just exclusive to Smackdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LAW Radio guys had the idea...Zayn loses and Dolph retains. Steph snaps and fires Zayn. Shane hires Zayn to Smackdown. The point of this isn't to move the IC belt to Raw. It's to move Zayn to Smackdown.

LAW Radio guys had the idea...Zayn loses and Dolph retains. Steph snaps and fires Zayn. Shane hires Zayn to Smackdown. The point of this isn't to move the IC belt to Raw. It's to move Zayn to Smackdown.

Didn't see Raw yet but read that Steph ripped him a new one over something and made him fight Rusev with the number one contendership on the line. So makes sense and anything that gets him off Raw and onto Smackdown is a plus.

And then with a little luck Cesaro will get the blame for losing the tag match and get fired as well to go to Smackdown. we can hope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

or he wins the title steph looks delighted but then he signs for smackdown keeping it on the show. shane looks smug so she sends brock to attack him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,385 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lana's reply to being called out on calling Scotland America on RAW.

14730660_364460057278889_2659168579718479872_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM3OTA5MzY4MTE1MTE3NTIyMA%3D%3D.2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement