Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nash is spot on.
    A statement you don't hear too often :pac:

It's just baffling really how bad WWE can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Angron wrote: »
    A statement you don't hear too often :pac:

It's just baffling really how bad WWE can be.

I think Nash has become a little easier going in his later years....he knows bull**** when he sees it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

That time of the bastard week again, another RAW, preview and beginning of the 3 week build Survivor Series..

Should Cesaro & Sheamus get a rematch?
    If not for a disqualification ruling, The New Day’s reign as Raw Tag Team Champion would have ended at WWE Hell in a Cell. As it is, Cesaro & Sheamus technically won the match, even if they didn’t win the titles. And they seemed to be finally — though not completely, as they were still arguing on Raw Talk — on the same page in their bout against the record-setting tag team titleholders. Still, will the two straight wins over New Day be enough to keep Cesaro & Sheamus in the Raw Tag Team Title picture?

"Series" Premiere
    With WWE Hell in a Cell in the rearview, attention now turns toward Survivor Series and the multitude of Traditional Elimination Matches set to pit Raw’s finest Superstars against SmackDown LIVE’s aces on Nov. 20. Team Red has to fill squads for Men’s, Women’s and Tag Team Elimination contests, so expect Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and General Manager Mick Foley to begin shoring up their ranks as the road to WWE’s fall classic approaches in earnest.

Hail to the Queen
    She called it: Charlotte Flair is now a three-time Raw Women’s Champion after making history yet again inside Hell in a Cell, while Sasha Banks is left wondering what might have been following a crushing defeat inside the place where rivalries are settled. The Boss is, of course, owed a rematch after losing the title, but whether Charlotte will be charitable enough to grant her one is another story entirely.

Brian Kendrick 2.0
    Brian Kendrick didn’t even need TJ Perkins to take a dive for him at WWE Hell in a Cell; The Wizard of Odd won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship all on his own in Boston to hit the “restart” button on his career. Having finally achieved vindication during what he described as his “last chance” at a WWE career, the line in the Cruiserweight division — which, as displayed in the Kickoff Six-Man Match, doesn’t have a slouch among it — now forms behind Kendrick. Who will step up to challenge him?

The One Who Beat the One …
    Goldberg and Brock Lesnar’s match has been signed, sealed and sanctioned for Survivor Series. Though as last week’s Raw showed, the WWE Universe isn’t as, well, universally enamored with Goldberg as the former World Heavyweight Champion’s return might have originally indicated. With support seemingly split between Goldberg and The Beast Incarnate, all eyes are on Goldberg as he arrives on Raw to address the latest developments in this dream rivalry.

SKY SPORTS 5 - At i'm assuming midnight, and not the usual 01:00 given our clocks have gone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder will the term Halloween Havoc be used at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I want to see the crowd turn on New Day. So tired of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sasha to win title back in 5 minute match, because Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

45 more days till The New Day break Demolition's record.

So with a bit of luck they will lose them on the next RAW PPV in December.

Only question, who gets the honour to de-throne them once they reach and overtake Demolition's record..

I'm hoping Gallows & Anderson...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dash and Dawson? Imagine debuting them and having them break the record.

Re-match for the Cruiserweight Championship between The Brian Kendrick & TJ Perkins announced for tonight's show..

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/793187800107585538

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Much better crowd for the Goldberg storyline tonight.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well that's Rusev buried. Reigns to challenge against Owens next? And Rollins v Jericho?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brock is going too be mad didn't expect heymen to get a spear

Rusev victim of the jackhammer

Gallows and Anderson made to look like a joke in that match. Wouldn't The Shining Stars have been better for that position?

Can't see them being taken seriously in WWE.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Lock it in man :D

Imagine team raw will be KO, y2j, reigns, strowman and Seth Rollins now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jericho is the most over wrestler on raw still

Everything Roman says on the Mic is so forced

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I cannot stand Reigns.

Titus is so bad.

'Team Raw now has Braun Strowman. Who is there on Smackdown that can possibly stop this guy?'

Cwt1WGUq.jpg

Revenge time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

That jackhammer to Rusev instantly made me dislike this story even more. It has come across as the circlejerk that Goldberg always wanted his WWE career to be back when "politics" didn't allow it.

I honestly didn't mind the jackhammer. Goldberg, in less than a month, is going to be facing Brock, and they'll probably be presenting him as someone more than capable of standing up to him. They have also been positioning Goldberg as far more than just another old guy back for a paycheck; the constant mentions of his winning streak as an example. So for this guy who is supposed to be a monster to nail a finisher on Rusev isn't outside the realms of reality imo, especially when Rusev is meant to be a cocky heel who underestimated him. Plus if Goldberg is to be believed as a credible threat to Brock, then he had to beat someone who was semi-credible as a monster heel.

Granted, the amount of time he took to get him up while Rusev just stood waiting for the move hurt, but the booking idea behind the segment, imo, was fine.

They were advertising Goldberg would have a match on Raw soon, weren't they? I'll probably be less happy if he squashed a more prepared Rusev at that stage. But for what it was, the segment was fine.

The "Trick or Street" match made me cringe, and there's so, so much filler on the show.

I do love that Brian Kendrick has a title belt and is getting good mic time in 2016. Loved him when he was there before so really thrilled to see him back. But the state of the CW division is bad, and that they can't get more than a feud and a six-man tag match with randoms in it, despite all the filler on the show, is bad.

Otherwise, it was fine. Set up Survivor Series well, established tensions within the teams. Was a fine Raw. A lot better than some of the dross over the last few weeks.

Not sure if i like the fact therell be no championship matches on survivor series by the looks of it.

sky88 wrote: »
    Not sure if i like the fact therell be no championship matches on survivor series by the looks of it.

If Nikki Bella is captain of the SD Women's team, I'd imagine it's cause Becky is defending her title. I'd guess Kendrick vs TJP in their blow off match too. Maybe Miz vs Ziggler too? Though wouldn't shock me if Team Smackdown for the main event is AJ, Dean, Ellsworth, Miz and Ziggler.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If Nikki Bella is captain of the SD Women's team, I'd imagine it's cause Becky is defending her title. I'd guess Kendrick vs TJP in their blow off match too. Maybe Miz vs Ziggler too? Though wouldn't shock me if Team Smackdown for the main event is AJ, Dean, Ellsworth, Miz and Ziggler.

just be a strange thing with no universal or world title match

i actually think that becky will be on the sd team and its the start of a heel turn for nikki as im sure thats the match they want.

i think thats the sd mens team for sure.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Though wouldn't shock me if Team Smackdown for the main event is AJ, Dean, Ellsworth, Miz and Ziggler.

would not be a good pick IMO esp with Raw having Strowman, a powerhouse like Kane , Apollo Crews or Baron Corbain would be a better fit than a comedy act like Ellsworth. Like the look of the rest of the team though

PTH2009 wrote: »
    would not be a good pick IMO esp with Raw having Strowman, a powerhouse like Kane , Apollo Crews or Baron Corbain would be a better fit than a comedy act like Ellsworth. Like the look of the rest of the team though

Ellsworth is already involved in the story with Dean and AJ, and even better, has direct history with Stowman (who seems the odd man out in Raw's team right now, in terms of story; the other 4 all look to be feuding with each other). I guarantee you that Strowman vs Ellsworth will get a massive reaction from the fans, even if Ellsworth gets slapped down in seconds. Crews or Corbin will be met with silence.

He might be the comedy guy that Vince will want to humiliate before he leaves the WWE soon but Ellsworth has got himself over more than most of the hand picked NXT guys that have come up over the last year including Stowman.

I hope he gets a Survivor Series spot.

I will say I am fed up of The New Day but I did get a laugh out of them all dressed as personas of Charles Wright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

PTH2009 wrote: »

why do so many people think Corbin is so great?
    he couldn't draw money with a box of crayons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement