Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bad bad acting

WWE stereotyping us badly lol but at least we have a Celtic Demon and a Lass kicker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good old fashioned American bigotry in that promo. At least they conveniently had two pints of "Guinness" ready, and didn't have to pour them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Roman is dull as dishwater but very rarely has a stinker in the ring

i like him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Keep Roman strong, and f*ck your main title holder.

Why bother putting the US title on him, taking it from the very entertaining Rusev, if you're just gonna have the boring as sh*te Reigns challenge for the Universal Title and not defend the title he has? WWE ruins so much by forcing that prick at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Angron wrote: »
    Keep Roman strong, and f*ck your main title holder.

Why bother putting the US title on him, taking it from the very entertaining Rusev, if you're just gonna have the boring as sh*te Reigns challenge for the Universal Title and not defend the title he has? WWE ruins so much by forcing that prick at us.

Roman is actually very good in the ring but has just a terrible non existent character. in all the times they've tried to force someone down our throat its been the worst with roman.

Im also pretty tired of sasha/charlotte they always have good to great matches but the feud is dead and the constant switching means nothing. reminds me of cena/orton in that sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Sahsa vs Charlotte tonight, LIVE..."

Me: Oh! So Sasha is winning the title again tonight?

"...from Charlotte's home town!"

Me: OH! Sasha is DEFINITELY winning the title again tonight.

As said earlier, the HiaC should have been the blow off. I thought it was a great, great match on Raw but from a storytelling PoV, this isn't a "women's revolution". It's just Sasha and Charlotte's Revolution. Presumably we get another "historic" match at the PPV?

sky88 wrote: »
    Roman is actually very good in the ring but has just a terrible non existent character. in all the times they've tried to force someone down our throat its been the worst with roman.

Im also pretty tired of sasha/charlotte they always have good to great matches but the feud is dead and the constant switching means nothing. reminds me of cena/orton in that sense.
    I don't think much of him in the ring, because every time he's out I just switch off entirely. It's one thing to be technically fine, but if you're intolerably dull, that means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sure Charlotte is in her home town and maybe the best heel we have male or female lets get her to put Sahsa over because you can never let talent win in there home town when RAW is live.

Roman please take more banned substances and get caught.

APA mark 2 could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's the home town thing about? Why is Vince so averse to letting the hometown guy/girl win?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

J. Marston wrote:
    What's the home town thing about? Why is Vince so averse to letting the hometown guy/girl win?

He likes the heel to get a lot of heat by beating the hometown hero.

I thought it was an okay Raw, helped by the main event. I didn't expect Charlotte to lose the title. I thought she might keep it until Mania. I enjoyed the match though and I'm not too bothered about the title changes because the title does still feel important to me.
    Roman is dull as dishwater but very rarely has a stinker in the ring

i like him

So do I. His character is awful - but he's not writing the shows.

When I look at what he brings to the table in terms of in-ring ability, presence, look, I think it's easy to see why Vince and Hunter think so highly of him. But he really, really needs to go heel.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And right after me saying most falls count anywhere matches end in the ring.
    Mick kept saying how it was the end of the feud and a countout is not how sucha feud should end. So could that be it? Of course Charlotte is entitled to a rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And right after me saying most falls count anywhere matches end in the ring.
    Mick kept saying how it was the end of the feud and a countout is not how sucha feud should end. So could that be it? Of course Charlotte is entitled to a rematch

can see the rematch being at Roadblock with Ric Flair being special guest ref and he will cost Sasha the match ??

so im guessing with will be Reigns vs KO and Y2J vs Rollins at Roadblock

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Heyman holding back the tears was brilliant.

Heyman holding back the tears was brilliant.

Yeah he was great in that segment.

Speaking of tears, one thing I really like about Charlotte is that when she loses she always looks genuinely devastated. It puts over the title well when you have the wrestlers looking crestfallen about losing. She did a great job selling the pain of that loss last night. For me, she is the number one women's wrestler in WWE right now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

First of 2 Whatculture WTF Moments.. With Smackdown Live's coming tomorrow night..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I actually don't mind the Women's title changing hands so much the past couple months

Nikki Bella and Charlotte held the title for nearly 2 years between their 2 reigns, a bit of change never done any harm

The reaction from Sasha winning the title again is all wrong though, this near crying thing and still reacting like it's her first title win when you only get one first title win, she should've reacted to winning the title like a boss, "you're damn right I won"

The reaction from Sasha winning the title again is all wrong though, this near crying thing and still reacting like it's her first title win when you only get one first title win, she should've reacted to winning the title like a boss, "you're damn right I won"

I disagree. I think if she reacted like that it wouldn't be long before the title was totally devalued. A wrestler should not act nonchalant about winning the top prize. He or she should act exactly as Sasha did: as if it's the proudest moment of their life. Why would fans care about a belt that the wrestlers didn't care about? We're not talking about some joke belt like the Hardcore Title or European Title. No matter what your field, if you win the World Championship, whether it's your first or your twenty-first, you ought to be over the moon. I think her reaction was perfect, and I'd say never in the modern era has a women's World Championship meant as much as the current one does.

I disagree. I think if she reacted like that it wouldn't be long before the title was totally devalued. A wrestler should not act nonchalant about winning the top prize. He or she should act exactly as Sasha did: as if it's the proudest moment of their life. Why would fans care about a belt that the wrestlers didn't care about? We're not talking about some joke belt like the Hardcore Title or European Title. No matter what your field, if you win the World Championship, whether it's your first or your twenty-first, you ought to be over the moon. I think her reaction was perfect, and I'd say never in the modern era has a women's World Championship meant as much as the current one does.

I didn't mean in it in she didnt care about winning it sort of way, but that mass pouring of emotion should be saved for first wins or big big wins not her third time winning it on Raw in 4 months

I guess I just miss the boss character from NXT, would the Sasha Banks that won the NXT title have reacted like that ? Her NXT title win had emotion and that bit of "you're damn right I won" swagger that made her the boss. She's been totally different since coming to the main roster especially when she was turned face she just turned into another mostly vanilla aw shucks I just want to be the best babyface, similar to Rollins when he turned face.

It's her NXT run that has her favored by so much of the fans, guess I'm just not one anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I disagree. I think if she reacted like that it wouldn't be long before the title was totally devalued.

The numerous title changes (many of which were pointless) do enough of a job to devalue the title. Was hoping to see Bayley have a run with Charlotte but wwe continue to repeat themselves

ERG89 wrote: »
    The numerous title changes (many of which were pointless) do enough of a job to devalue the title. Was hoping to see Bayley have a run with Charlotte but wwe continue to repeat themselves

Bayley is surely being saved til Mania, I can only imagine that's why she's in limbo now

• Advertisement

I didn't mean in it in she didnt care about winning it sort of way, but that mass pouring of emotion should be saved for first wins or big big wins not her third time winning it on Raw in 4 months

I guess I just miss the boss character from NXT, would the Sasha Banks that won the NXT title have reacted like that ? Her NXT title win had emotion and that bit of "you're damn right I won" swagger that made her the boss. She's been totally different since coming to the main roster especially when she was turned face she just turned into another mostly vanilla aw shucks I just want to be the best babyface, similar to Rollins when he turned face.

It's her NXT run that has her favored by so much of the fans, guess I'm just not one anymore

I hear what you're saying. I just think every World title win should be treated like it's a big, big win. That puts over the importance of the prize at stake and sends out the message to the audience that they ought to care about what's on the line. Judging by the crowd reaction last night, the fans are invested in the title; so what they're doing is working.

I really don't see what the gain would be in her having a swagger about winning - 'whatevs, I'm the boss' etc. that would send out the message to me that the title isn't worth a damn if the person winning it treats it like it's just another bit of bling. I don't think that puts over Sasha, I think that buries the belt.

I personally hate that Boss character as a babyface anyway as I find it unlikeable. Her reaction on winning was endearing, I thought. It humanized her in my eyes. Maybe I'm in the minority on that, I dunno.
    ERG89 wrote:

The title isn't really devalued. It's trendy for fans to say that after several title changes but I see no evidence for it. Put the title on the line in a main event spot and fans are definitely going to be invested. That tells you its value.

And Bayley will have a run with Charlotte just not for the title, which I think is a good thing. Bayley shouldn't be getting a title run until Mania imo. Save that historic moment for the biggest show.

Looks to me based on the backstage segments between the two that they are planting the seeds for an eventual Sasha turn and a match with Bayley at Mania. I would be in favour of that and I think it's the biggest match they can do for the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Both Sasha and Charlotte are three times champions of a title that was only introduced in April. My main interest in their matches has been a fear of danger because of their sloppiness and I'm even bored of that by now. Time to start giving the other women a chance. It does look like this about to happen but they're taking their time.

Really looking forward to Reigns vs Owens. Good to see them have someone earn a title shot in storyline. Makes a change from Rollins just being given title shots for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Think Sheamus/Cesaro storyline hasn't gotten the kudos it deserves. Thought it was a bit forced at the start but the chemistry between them has been great. I really hope they get pushed further, especially since everyone is sort of done with New Day as tag champs.

Don't think I'm blowing my load completely here when I say I think Sheamo/Cesaro have the makings of one of the best tag teams ever if the WWE strike now and let them loose:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Think Sheamus/Cesaro storyline hasn't gotten the kudos it deserves. Thought it was a bit forced at the start but the chemistry between them has been great. I really hope they get pushed further, especially since everyone is sort of done with New Day as tag champs.

Don't think I'm blowing my load completely here when I saw I think Sheamo/Cesaro have the makings of one of the best tag teams ever if the WWE strike now and let them loose:

I agree with this. Sheamus and Cesaro are two fantastic wrestlers and I'm really enjoying them as a team.

The New Day's run as champs is a joke. They lost non-title matches at Wrestlemania and Battleground. They lost title matches at Summerslam and Hell in a Cell. They cheated to win at Clash of Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The title isn't really devalued. It's trendy for fans to say that after several title changes but I see no evidence for it. Put the title on the line in a main event spot and fans are definitely going to be invested. That tells you its value.

And Bayley will have a run with Charlotte just not for the title, which I think is a good thing. Bayley shouldn't be getting a title run until Mania imo. Save that historic moment for the biggest show.

Looks to me based on the backstage segments between the two that they are planting the seeds for an eventual Sasha turn and a match with Bayley at Mania. I would be in favour of that and I think it's the biggest match they can do for the women's division.

James Elsworth is at least involved in most main events of Smackdown for a good 2 months now. I don't suddenly think fuçk he's the next big star. Most TV is done to fill time, had Owens vs Reigns main evented I wouldn't have been invested in it more. It's a star less era now, only part timers feel anything special. Goldberg is practically the 2016 MVP for WWE (not to mention a saviour if he spares us Brock vs Shane).
    Historic moment? Lol. Most of what happens on wwe now is forgotten in a week so I don't know how her winning a belt would be that.
    And of course a title is devalued when it's passed around without much logic. Sasha beating her for it on Raw months ago (midway through the show I might add) felt like a big deal then, less so when she lost it at SummerSlam before winning it back randomly a few weeks before a ppv in her home town only to lose it in again at Hell in a Cell. Before she teamed with Charlotte...... and beat her again last night on just a episode of Raw in Charlotte's home town. Most of that is reverse logic.

ERG89 wrote: »
    James Elsworth is at least involved in most main events of Smackdown for a good 2 months now. I don't suddenly think fuçk he's the next big star. Most TV is done to fill time, had Owens vs Reigns main evented I wouldn't have been invested in it more. It's a star less era now, only part timers feel anything special. Goldberg is practically the 2016 MVP for WWE (not to mention a saviour if he spares us Brock vs Shane).
    Historic moment? Lol. Most of what happens on wwe now is forgotten in a week so I don't know how her winning a belt would be that.
    And of course a title is devalued when it's passed around without much logic. Sasha beating her for it on Raw months ago (midway through the show I might add) felt like a big deal then, less so when she lost it at SummerSlam before winning it back randomly a few weeks before a ppv in her home town only to lose it in again at Hell in a Cell. Before she teamed with Charlotte...... and beat her again last night on just a episode of Raw in Charlotte's home town. Most of that is reverse logic.

We obviously have very different interpretations as to what the word 'devalued' means. On Raw you had the new champion in tears of joy, getting endorsed by one of the greatest wrestlers ever; and you had the woman who just lost the title in tears of anguish...and you think that is a title that is not valued?

Look at the crowd reactions. You don't need market research groups and surveys in this business - the fans tell you what they value.

Naming a bunch of men that have main evented isn't comparing like with like; prior to a few years ago women and their titles in WWE were treated as a joke. They used to have a butterfly belt. :pac: There is no way people would have cared about Nikki Bella vs Paige for the Divas Title in a Raw main event even a few years back. The fans are invested in Charlotte vs Sasha for the current Women's Title. The women now are over and so is the title they fight for. This is worth acknowledging. If they are fighting for the title in the main event in a month's time on Raw then the fans are going to be into the match. That would not be the case if the title were not perceived as valuable.

And yeah Bayley, the woman supposedly marked out as the next big babyface star of this generation, winning the title for the first time ought to be treated as a historic moment. It ought to be treated as a big deal. Yes most of their writing sucks but they can sometimes treat their biggest show of the year properly. Tell me, if you would have Bayley win the title before Mania then what's the big Mania match you would go with for the women? What's the big, must-see moment for them? I can't see any.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I just wanna say I agree with everything MNG said. Couldnt of put it better myself

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Don't think I'm blowing my load completely here when I say I think Sheamo/Cesaro have the makings of one of the best tag teams ever if the WWE strike now and let them loose:

Someone on Reddit reckons they should be called Dublin 07.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit reckons they should be called Dublin 07.

No, No, No, No, Never. They don't need a team name since they clearly dislike each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That's time of the, ah ye know the spiel by now..

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Quick preview

Will The Queen dare to cross The Boss on Raw?

Can Team Red handle this?

Will Sami Zayn cool off after heated exchange with Mick Foley?

Might Seth Rollins strike again?

Is this the “End of the Line” for Kevin Owens?

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement