Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd like to see Edge vs Rollins or something else we haven't seen, I couldn't care less about seeing him against Orton again. I didn't care about their Mania match either although I did enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Wait so Edge is going one on one with Orton? Last man standing match first, then a singles match after? That makes no sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Wait so Edge is going one on one with Orton? Last man standing match first, then a singles match after? That makes no sense.

It's a reverse of most stories. Instead of ramping up to that you start there and let Orton go on about how you can't take me without bells and whistles. It's different and something that breaks the norm isn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'm so glad I cancelled BT, watching clips on YouTube makes me happy to save all that money. Abysmal shows. Such a shame.

"oooh let's have a singles match now, it'll be so much harder to beat me"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus commical

Vince would never go this low but after all its Vince so feck knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corbin vs. Drew tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Corbin vs. Drew tonight

exciting cant wait :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I find Charly Caruso very annoying and she seems to be a bigger presence on Raw these days which makes it worse.

Edge just accept the damn match

Humberto doesn't sound the way he looks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like the way RAW is going with the small roster.

Just good to see so many people get a chance to show what they have when they were largely lost in the pack before. Hopefully a few take their chance and can stay important down the line.

No Cena, No Becky, No Reigns - leaves space at top of the card but even further down people like Rusev going has left spaces down the card for people to work themselves into a good position.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    I like the way RAW is going with the small roster.

Just good to see so many people get a chance to show what they have when they were largely lost in the pack before. Hopefully a few take their chance and can stay important down the line.

No Cena, No Becky, No Reigns - leaves space at top of the card but even further down people like Rusev going has left spaces down the card for people to work themselves into a good position.

One of the main things I don't like is how the Main Event scene has nothing going for it, so far McIntyre's challengers have been, an one off Big Show appearance, a Seth Rollins who just came fresh off a loss from KO at Mania and now Bobby Lashley who's been bland, boring and stuck in terrible programmes since he's come back but now we're meant to believe he's number 1 contender material.

Show is gone again, Rollins is back recruiting mid-card fodder as his lackeys but has taken 2 serious back to back defeats now is barely a threat, and when Lashley losses he'll go back to the bottom of the pile again. It's like 1995/96 when they had the champ going up against the placeholder top heel of the month to challenge the champion and nothing more will come of it.

Once again they've stilted Kevin Owens run, beats Rollins at Mania comes back from injury and he's hosting the KO Show and teaming with Smiley Smiley Apollo Crews.

WWE's complete lack of creating stars and giving everything to Reigns and Lesnar has really hurt them and now it's showing badly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loughc wrote: »
    One of the main things I don't like is how the Main Event scene has nothing going for it, so far McIntyre's challengers have been, an one off Big Show appearance, a Seth Rollins who just came fresh off a loss from KO at Mania and now Bobby Lashley who's been bland, boring and stuck in terrible programmes since he's come back but now we're meant to believe he's number 1 contender material.

Show is gone again, Rollins is back recruiting mid-card fodder as his lackeys but has taken 2 serious back to back defeats now is barely a threat, and when Lashley losses he'll go back to the bottom of the pile again. It's like 1995/96 when they had the champ going up against the placeholder top heel of the month to challenge the champion and nothing more will come of it.

Once again they've stilted Kevin Owens run, beats Rollins at Mania comes back from injury and he's hosting the KO Show and teaming with Smiley Smiley Apollo Crews.

WWE's complete lack of creating stars and giving everything to Reigns and Lesnar has really hurt them and now it's showing badly.

I get why others don't like it. Your last piece could be put on the end of nearly every post in the forum.

I just like what they are doing in the context of it is a tv show only right now. Bobby Lashley is more actor right now than wrestler trying to connect with people in the crowd. Like it or not the big, fast, powerful guys like him look the part for tv and they can be used very well as an on screen only performer.

The great and needed connection with the fans in seats is key in wrestling. They have no fans so it is not about people who the fans are going to pop for, boo or whatever.

It is very much tv show booking right now and that is all it should be, without a crowd, with a reduced roster it is a changed environment. This is a great time to repackage an Apollo or Lashley and get people used to seeing them as important on a temporary basis or over a longer period when fans come back into equation.

That is why I like what they are doing as, on a tv show, it is about writing people to be important and less about the connection with fans that is normally so important.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    I get why others don't like it. Your last piece could be put on the end of nearly every post in the forum.

I just like what they are doing in the context of it is a tv show only right now. Bobby Lashley is more actor right now than wrestler trying to connect with people in the crowd. Like it or not the big, fast, powerful guys like him look the part for tv and they can be used very well as an on screen only performer.

The great and needed connection with the fans in seats is key in wrestling. They have no fans so it is not about people who the fans are going to pop for, boo or whatever.

It is very much tv show booking right now and that is all it should be, without a crowd, with a reduced roster it is a changed environment. This is a great time to repackage an Apollo or Lashley and get people used to seeing them as important on a temporary basis or over a longer period when fans come back into equation.

That is why I like what they are doing as, on a tv show, it is about writing people to be important and less about the connection with fans that is normally so important.

I should make it clear, it's not all bad, I've think they've done a great job with the mid-card/undercard lately. It feels like there's plenty of storylines going on for people outside the main event.

I just feel the Main Event is grim at the moment and it will be the catalyst for them taking the belt off Drew going oh well we tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope they don't split the IIconics. That was pointless with the slap. Hugging afterwards was even worse.
    After she was disqualified, did Peyton say "I'm too old for this s#!t"?

I know they like hyping stuff up, but why would anyone believe Orton/Edge can have the greatest wrestling match ever? Even within a week of a match featuring Bryan and Gulak?

If they do break them up Billie should get the push. She's the entertaining one.

As much as I like her, her voice would go through you after a while if met her in real life. :)

Orton actually came out better in last night's promo with Edge

Edge saying the usual brave waffle

Orton to win this match making it 1-1 with the final match been at Summerslam

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As much as I like her, her voice would go through you after a while if met her in real life. :)

Speaking of voices that would go through you, please keep Liv Morgan away from a mic for eternity. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Looked like Liv was taking advice from Dana for her lips.
    Where are they going with the Nattie thing? Hopefully away from tv.

So Seth recruits Theory the same way he got Murphy. Just talk to him up when he didn't go to the back.
    Did enjoy the Profits/Vikings bit again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Raw rating was 1.757 million

Thought it was a poor enough one. I had enjoyed the last few though.

Raw rating was 1.757 million

Thought it was a poor enough one. I had enjoyed the last few though.

Needs more Corbin!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be chatter that WWE will be following AEW's lead, and putting some lower level wrestlers and developmental talent around ringside tonight as an "audience".

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seems to be chatter that WWE will be following AEW's lead, and putting some lower level wrestlers and developmental talent around ringside tonight as an "audience".

:o:o:o

could be gold or a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What the gold standard copying something from the drizzling ****s AEW never :)

What the gold standard copying something from the drizzling ****s AEW never :)

This might hold more water if AEW didn't do a cinematic match, an MITB match and had Mike Tyson on PPV two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »

I've listened a few interviews and her voice isn't actually as loud in real life. It's obviously exaggerated for TV. A good thing is that even in interviews she is still very funny just not as loud.

J. Marston wrote: »
    This might hold more water if AEW didn't do a cinematic match, an MITB match and had Mike Tyson on PPV two days ago.

AEW had a MITB match?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They had a ladder match,

it was not a money in the bank match, even if it was a MItb match(which it wasn’t) that concept was Jerichos idea

Wwe don’t own, nor did they invent cinematic matches.

Fanboys gonna fan boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You mean TNA/Lucha Undergrounds cinematic matches and You mean the Stampede Wrestling Ladder matches for title shots and NJPW using The greatest of all time Ali. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement