Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

One lad who has been going by the numbers for about decade and one lad who hasn't wrestled in nearly a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I was wondering was I missing something or are they actually being serious? Like just taking the WWE world alone they're saying this will be better than HBK/Taker or Austin/Hart at WM? Give over!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Makes it worse when Nia called out Ronda for being dangerous and said she went to management about her.

I wonder if wrestlers secretly think "Fúck sake..." when they're put in matches with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I doubt nia jax will be trying her crap with asuka because as nice as asuka seems on her YouTube channel she could remove nia's head from her shoulders.

Just saw Nia is Australian they should get her to join the Iconics and have a Aussie faction with Murphy.

• Advertisement

Just saw Nia is Australian they should get her to join the Iconics and have a Aussie faction with Murphy.

Do you not like the iconics and Murphy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I was wondering was I missing something or are they actually being serious? Like just taking the WWE world alone they're saying this will be better than HBK/Taker or Austin/Hart at WM? Give over!

Especially when they’ll often hype something as the biggest match ever but never really the greatest match all very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Do you not like the iconics and Murphy ?

I'd say he does like them. By joining them she's less likely to hurt them in the near future.

Was wondering if Owens was having a dig at Nia when he told Asuka not to hit her in the face

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say he does like them. By joining them she's less likely to hurt them in the near future.

Was wondering if Owens was having a dig at Nia when he told Asuka not to hit her in the face

Well then nia should be aligned with every women on the raw roster if it will save them getting injured because they have the misfortune to be in the ring with one of the worst and dangerous wrestlers I've ever seen in my years watching wrestling.

Btw the big show who was a former WCW and WWF champion and was sent to developmental to get better. So why is nia not the same as she is no where near the level of big show.

Poor Kairi. It's bad how often we have to say that. It's like someone in the back thinks "That match didn't go as planned. Let's try again." Maybe it's Shayna, who's never forgiven Kairi for the MYC final.
    Kairi needs to say no. She could get seriously injured or whoever the Nia fan is could make out she's injury prone.

On the other end of things, I was watching one of those countdown videos about times wrestlers were saved from injury and they were saying Corbin is seen backstage as one of the safest to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Corbin is a good worker, it's his complete lack of charisma and his acceptance of the consistently dreadful character he's had written for him that most people take issue with I think.

He seems to get rewarded for following the sh1tty script he's given well though so I can see why he's not ar5ed aiming higher tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The thing that irritates me about Jax the most is that her demeanour in the ring is so sloppy and careless. It's actually blatant. For example when she's shoving or shoulder barging opponents to the ground, it doesn't look like she's doing it properly and that it's going to hurt.

Someone will be along shortly to say that's the point I'm sure, but I've been watching long enough to know what a convincing bump is and what a dodgy one is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nia is way bigger than many of her opponents (Height, weight, probably far stronger)

A tall girl like Charlotte or athletic powerful recruit like Bel Air are the not the norm. In general a lot of the females are short and with very small frames. Do they even work the style of match they have to with Jax often?

Seems like the perfect storm for mess ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is Rey 100% retiring ?

They will prob have Dominick attacked again by Rollins and co with Reg out for revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Corbin is a good worker, it's his complete lack of charisma and his acceptance of the consistently dreadful character he's had written for him that most people take issue with I think.

He seems to get rewarded for following the sh1tty script he's given well though so I can see why he's not ar5ed aiming higher tbh.

Bang average worker with go away heat he's gotten from the McMahon's persistently pushing him beyond his level. That's the Corbin take.

Bang average worker with go away heat he's gotten from the McMahon's persistently pushing him beyond his level. That's the Corbin take.

I wouldn't say bang average worker, as I like his in ring work it's just the awful gimmick he's had. When WWE went to BT I watched every smackdown from October to mid march when I got rid of BT sport but he seemed to constantly be opening the show and it got painful.

It's Vince more than the McMahons as a whole because whatever he sees as someone's calling that's it. Some how Corbin has had a higher calling(at least with this gimmick) than is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/nia-jax-not-being-blamed-bad-kairi-sane-bump
    . Initial reports led some to believe that Jax was blamed for the incident, but according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, people who witnessed the bump do not believe that is the case.

Jax is not being blamed for what happened, as one person described it, Sane was in control of her own bump, and made it look too good. Another source adds that Sane may have stumbled or taken a wrong move.

RAW is now going to have an Aftershow on the Network.

Following in the footsteps of trend of Aftershows that is there now for series.

Stretching Monday Night wrestling to 4 hours plus if you watch the full RAW and Aftershow.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drew Vs. MVP tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Drew Vs. MVP tonight

exciting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Garza's poundshop Eddie gimmick is so shít.

****ing ads

really getting irratating watching live with them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing ads

really getting irratating watching live with them

Why bother then? Just wait til tomorrow and skip the ads.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why bother then? Just wait til tomorrow and skip the ads.

want to get my moneys worth for my sports sub :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    want to get my moneys worth for my sports sub :D:D

So record it and watch it in the morning, no? I don't know. I could do it if the shows were worth it but let's be honest here...

Omackeral wrote: »
    So record it and watch it in the morning, no? I don't know. I could do it if the shows were worth it but let's be honest here...
    how could you not

'The Vega gang and enemies show'

the Viking Raiders and Street Profits skits are actually enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm not one to defend Nia, but seeing it, I don't think she was at fault. I wasn't like she slammed Kairi's head into the steps. She threw and released Kairi and Kairi must've just hit the join between the 2 sections.

Hope that's the last of Gronk. That was bad.

Guess Dominick's making his debut soon

Think they need to look into being more consistent if recording. Charly wore 2 different outfits, changing between them.

Lana looked like she took advice from Chelsea Green in her TNA days when applying her lipstick.

Who was the blonde beside Xia Li?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say bang average worker, as I like his in ring work it's just the awful gimmick he's had. When WWE went to BT I watched every smackdown from October to mid march when I got rid of BT sport but he seemed to constantly be opening the show and it got painful.

It's Vince more than the McMahons as a whole because whatever he sees as someone's calling that's it. Some how Corbin has had a higher calling(at least with this gimmick) than is right.

Man there's no higher ceiling. He's competent in ring and that's it. He's a run of the mill kick/punch/slam WWE big man whose positives are his size and his sports background. Hasn't got jump off the screen charisma and hasn't got a solid bell to bell ability to fall back on. He has things that company likes but for a guy whose been wrestling for as long as he has now he's never developed beyond pedestrian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement