Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,988 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rey survives to congratulate Seth

He feel onto a second roof and saw his life flash before his eyes

Rey was one of the first to congratulate Becky

Seths not taking the news well lol

Seths not taking the news well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Well here's hoping they will let Asuka run with it to the best of her ability given the current circumstances and not feed her to someone like Baszler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I always hate when they just hand the title over to someone. Could they not have had a tournament for new womens champ?

Could have Asuka get to the final, lose it and then cash in her MITB afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭ThePott

I always hate when they just hand the title over to someone. Could they not have had a tournament for new womens champ?
    I'm fine with it, like technically Asuka could have just cashed in on Becky there and then and got the title. The twist about the title being in the briefcase is something new at least and it was a nice moment. Besides, there already was a tournament to get into MITB and Asuka came out on top, it makes sense.

That was actually a really good Raw overall.
    Interested to see where the Seth angle is going and hoping that scuffle means Austin Theory is getting booted out of the stable.
    Delighted for Becky, Rollins putting another wrestler on the shelf :pac:

Be very interesting to see where her career goes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Could have Asuka get to the final, lose it and then cash in her MITB afterwards

I thought they handled it well given the circumstances. The women all qualified for a title match, they just didn't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah it was good having the belt in the actual briefcase.

Becky's crying did look a bit staged and a bit out of sync with having no live crowd, but whatever. Best of luck to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long now before Charlotte drops the NXT belt and comes back up to beat Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

How long now before Charlotte drops the NXT belt and comes back up to beat Asuka

double champ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    double champ

That’s a funny way to spell triple

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know why Beck's pregnancy is making the headlines. The biggest news was the return of The Iiconics!
    tenor.gif

I like to think it's not Drew beating him that broke Seth, but that he just found out the news when Becky announced it.

I like that they did the title change that way. Plus Asuka going all crazy happy celebrating is a good thing. And at least we know Kairi is still there.

I actually liked the Raiders/Profits more than I expected, especially the post match.

So Zelina's group bully the non Latino member?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,650 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They handled the Becky announcement well and it's nice to have good news and Becky seems like such a nice person so it was good. Also, just from watching Beckys announcement I wonder did they tell asuka there was an announcement regarding her winning the briefcase but not exactly why ? I just say that considering asukas reaction to Becky saying she was pregnant. I could be wrong though.

Becky and Roman gone. Becky, for at least 18 months/2 years presumably and that's if she's coming back at all. Roman, who knows when he'll be back.

Two colossal losses for WWE. They were the full-time faces of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I will Vince punish Seth for knocking up his biggest star.

I will Vince punish Seth for knocking up his biggest star.

Vincent needs all the star power he can get. I think his pockets will speak louder than his pettiness.

So Dave meltzer was talking about Becky announcing she's pregnant and for an announcement that has been received very well and lots of people are very happy, he decided to take issue with the statement about asuka being the best wrestler in the world he just couldn't help himself. He couldn't just let the moment happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'd doubt WWE would send any performers out to the ring, in a taped show, without knowing what they're going to do or tell them how they should react.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Dave meltzer was talking about Becky announcing she's pregnant and for an announcement that has been received very well and lots of people are very happy, he decided to take issue with the statement about asuka being the best wrestler in the world he just couldn't help himself. He couldn't just let the moment happen.

calling someone or yourself the best wrestler in the world really seems to wind people up if you don't agree when lets face it its just opinion

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I look at MMA as a casual fan and see their main journalist, Ariel Helwani, who seems like a nice guy and is widely respected.

Then you look Meltzer in pro wrestling and all he sows is bitterness and division. He's a fúcking arsehole.
    I'd doubt WWE would send any performers out to the ring, in a taped show, without knowing what they're going to do or tell them how they should react.
    I agree although they may have told her all the plot points but just not what Becky was actually going to announce right at the end and let that be natural.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    calling someone or yourself the best wrestler in the world really seems to wind people up if you don't agree when lets face it its just opinion

I mean it was probably something Becky said in the moment and asuka isn't an awful wrestler who is being called an all time great. It's a very annoying thing meltzer does. You'd swear Becky said it under oath.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,582 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Becky and Roman gone. Becky, for at least 18 months/2 years presumably and that's if she's coming back at all. Roman, who knows when he'll be back.

Two colossal losses for WWE. They were the full-time faces of the company.

What diva could step up and take Becky's place as top face diva, Lacey?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Who says diva anymore?!

The loss of top stars for various lengths of time with Becky obviously being the longest definite absence, with Roman being gone for however long he's gone and Seth probably the same although I can see him staying on TV for a bit longer as Becky isn't due until December this year so maybe he stays around. But either way WWE are going to have to elevate some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,582 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    Who says diva anymore?!

Sorry Female Wrestling Superstar is it :p I think WWE has still quite a few divas both male and female

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah it was good having the belt in the actual briefcase.

Becky's crying did look a bit staged and a bit out of sync with having no live crowd, but whatever. Best of luck to her.

Nothing freaks me out more than sobbing without a tear in sight.

Poor Rey is always used for these 'scumbag malicious attacks'

Why did the ref stop the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering that as well. Think it's one of the times they decided to use the illegal interference rule

So were all to think Edge is scared to face Orton in a straight up wrestling match

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So were all to think Edge is scared to face Orton in a straight up wrestling match

And it may be the greatest match in wrestling history.

Charlie, you dope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement