Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Peep show reunion on Raw Monday night

Christian getting RKOd

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Peep show reunion on Raw Monday night

Christian getting RKOd

I hope we get a 5 second pose at least

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Asuka/Charlotte clashing as well. We all know where that's eventually leading.....

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Asuka/Charlotte clashing as well. We all know where that's eventually leading.....

Nia to interfere, dq

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nia to interfere, dq

It's the most likely scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Then make it a triple threat at Backlash so Charlotte can win :pac:

Then make it a triple threat at Backlash so Charlotte can win :pac:

Stop it, stop it right now. We don't need another Charlotte Flair championship reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nah, they'll keep Nia away in case their golden girl get injured.

Stop it, stop it right now. We don't need another Charlotte Flair championship reign.

If that does happen, i do give the mods 100% permission to ban me from boards until they see fit for me to make my return.

Cant take anymore Charlotte

• Advertisement

Those boo's sound so candit

Obv Orton is coming out here

Decent segment

Really hope Sunday is the last match between Edge and Orton but feel it's set up for winner takes all match at summerslam

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Decent segment

Really hope Sunday is the last match between Edge and Orton but feel it's set up for winner takes all match at summerslam

Christian elevated the match now

Is Lashley champ, did he pin R-Truth?

MVP has Shad tshirt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Christian elevated the match now

Is Lashley champ, did he pin R-Truth?

MVP has Shad tshirt

He didn't pin him, Lashley is beyond all that 24/7 title garbage. A bit odd there in both a talk segment and then advertised for a match

The viking raiders and street profits skits are entertaining

Apollo Crews would make a decent annoying cocky self entitled heel character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The crowd reacts like they do in WWE video game.

If that does happen, i do give the mods 100% permission to ban me from boards until they see fit for me to make my return.

I saw a point raised on Twitter, here it is, and I'm thinking to myself, he's got a point. There are others who could do with being in Charlotte's spot, but nah it's fine cause she's Charlotte Flair.

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1270151864798130177
    Charlotte should be putting over Bianca Belair. All while, you build Shayna to take the title off Asuka, with Bianca in line after that to battle Shayna. This is not difficult. WWE has legit held back an entire division for Charlotte and has made NO ONE LOOK BETTER #WWERaw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Had to laugh at Charlotte holding up the title. She's a meme at this point.

Lashley put Truth out just as he did to Ivar so shouldn't that make him champ? Or is it just because there was no ref?

I saw a point raised on Twitter, here it is, and I'm thinking to myself, he's got a point. There are others who could do with being in Charlotte's spot, but nah it's fine cause she's Charlotte Flair.

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1270151864798130177

That's 100% true, Charlotte has been given the majority of the "1st women ever moments" and always has been booked the strongest in the womens division(bar Becky while she was the man/champ etc). There was no need imo for her to be in the main event of WM last year and she was even protected by not getting pinned. Also to win the title off Asuka only to lose it again at WM then win it back a few weeks later then again dropped it Bayley.

Having here go over Rhea was a massive mistake at WM after doing a great build of Rhea last year to be the one that finally beat Shayna for the title.

That's 100% true, Charlotte has been given the majority of the "1st women ever moments" and always has been booked the strongest in the womens division(bar Becky while she was the man/champ etc). There was no need imo for her to be in the main event of WM last year and she was even protected by not getting pinned. Also to win the title off Asuka only to lose it again at WM then win it back a few weeks later then again dropped it Bayley.

Having here go over Rhea was a massive mistake at WM after doing a great build of Rhea last year to be the one that finally beat Shayna for the title.

She's being shoe horned into places she doesn't belong/where she doesn't serve a purpose - case in point, as you mentioned last year's Wrestlemania with Becky & Ronda. Makes you wonder if her last name wasn't Flair, where on the card she'd be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I had no problem with her beating Rhea. Rhea was pushed too hard too soon.

She's only 23 and in the space of 5 days last year she...

- Drew with Becky

- Beat Charlotte and Sasha in a triple threat

- Won War Games in a ridiculously dominant way

- More or less won the 5-on-5 SS match on her own

Then a few weeks later she ended one of the most dominant title reigns ever.

If she beat Charlotte at Mania she would've achieved about 90% of what there is to achieve by age 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    I had no problem with her beating Rhea. Rhea was pushed too hard too soon.

She's only 23 and in the space of 5 days last year she...

- Drew with Becky

- Beat Charlotte and Sasha in a triple threat

- Won War Games in a ridiculously dominant way

- More or less won the 5-on-5 SS match on her own

Then a few weeks later she ended one of the most dominant title reigns ever.

If she beat Charlotte at Mania she would've achieved about 90% of what there is to achieve by age 23.

Dominant....or ****test? Is Baszler even on Raw right now? She was one dimensional as NXT champion and Vince's lack of interest in her is demonstrating that.

As for Charlotte, it's a joke at this stage. To have a roster that talented and all you can do is use Nia Jax and give Charlotte another inevitable reign. It's absolute piss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Add me to the list of fans who is getting tired of charlotte character wise as in ring she's brilliant but yeah booking wise its not good. She has 11 title reigns(the first nxt reign isn't counted by WWE it seems) and she is just shy of five years on the main roster.

I mean it's not even a discussion of whether she will equal her dad it's a case of how fast that happens. I mean was the smackdown title win that interrupted Bayley's impression title reign all for the sake of five days ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Add me to the list of fans who is getting tired of charlotte character wise as in ring she's brilliant but yeah booking wise its not good. She has 11 title reigns(the first nxt reign isn't counted by WWE it seems) and she is just shy of five years on the main roster.

I mean it's not even a discussion of whether she will equal her dad it's a case of how fast that happens. I mean was the smackdown title win that interrupted Bayley's impression title reign all for the sake of five days ?

Did Bayley not cash in the same night after winning the briefcase?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did Bayley not cash in the same night after winning the briefcase?

Not sure but I just remember charlotte had a five day day title reign which just seemed pointless(I think a title run that short isn't helpful regardless of who it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm not as sick as others are of Charlotte tbh

People complain even more about 50-50 booking when WWE won't get behind someone fully

The problem is the fact a woman has to be in the title picture to be in a worthwhile program more often that not, if there was a platform for others to grow on the main roster then maybe she could be out of the title picture more but she's as good as anyone they have so she has to be in the title picture

only noticed Samoa Joe's ponytail on Raw talk :D

Will he get an Edge in ring promo confirming his injury and telling us 'he has to go away for a while but will be back stronger than ever'

Mania 37 Edge vs Orton III

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's a pretty big rumour going round at the moment that someone is making an in-ring return tonight.

Genuinely might be a good idea to skip this spoiler for now, and anyone responding should really use spoiler tags, but for those interested....
    Christian seems to have been cleared to wrestle again.

• Advertisement

Haven't looked at it.

I am thinking though that the triple threat women's match will be at extreme rules after the outcome last night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement