Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ThePott wrote: »
    Right, so Lana on a pole for TLC then

Lana's up the pole match probably, knowing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh good a divorce on WWE tv. Christ almighty just stop please vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Omackeral wrote: »
    Lana's up the pole match probably, knowing them.

That's gimmick infringement Maria owns that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

I detect a little sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I detect a little sarcasm.

Actually, no.

I know a lot of people don't like the angle, but I'm a right sucker for these sorts of trashy, soap-opera angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Lord TSC wrote:
    Actually, no.

I know a lot of people don't like the angle, but I'm a right sucker for these sorts of trashy, soap-opera angles.

You're one of the few I've seen online (esp. on forums) I've seen they like it. But it's been said it made Lashley interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

By God Lana has legs

• Registered Users Posts: 37,999 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seth cant lie that for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Could that baseball bat thing look or sound any more fake?

• Advertisement

With sami zayn not on both shows. Is this the start of a new wild card rule

Jesus Allister Black should of stayed in NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if i watch Seth's promo in a vacuum, I liked it.

if you watch it in the full context of the fact that his booking has been terrible, and he's personally alienated fans, media etc himself by his own antics, then it's fúcking laughable.

it was an attempt to do Bret Hart's "I'm right, and the fans are the heels" schtick, but it just didn't land because Seth isn't actually right in this scenario. Bret was. the fans did turn on him for no discernible reason - he was still beating the heels, he didn't back down from challenges, and he was being the hero he always was - it was actually the fans who changed.

Seth is booed because his booking has been diabolical, with the tip of the iceberg being his cowering to Bray Wyatt. plus he's been a díck on social media in particular about everything.

At least AOP are getting a massive push in this and are away from Drake Maverick and the likes . There Vince's type

Keep Becky out of this and have Seth be an ego manic along with his heavys

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did like Charly's line about learning more languages. With Kabuki Warriors, Andrade and Humberto and AoP.

Surprised Becky still wears that ring gear, considering how nipply it makes her look.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im enjoying the Seth program the last few weeks, its been long over due. Is it perfect? No, but its a hell of a lot better to watch than what he was up to with Bray.

Raw has been making slow improvements in the last few weeks, but massive problems remain. The show is too long and even at 3 hours it has too many people to get over. Too many jobber matches (last week had about four lame ducks), the 50 50 booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

SlickRic wrote: »
    if i watch Seth's promo in a vacuum, I liked it.

if you watch it in the full context of the fact that his booking has been terrible, and he's personally alienated fans, media etc himself by his own antics, then it's fúcking laughable.

it was an attempt to do Bret Hart's "I'm right, and the fans are the heels" schtick, but it just didn't land because Seth isn't actually right in this scenario. Bret was. the fans did turn on him for no discernible reason - he was still beating the heels, he didn't back down from challenges, and he was being the hero he always was - it was actually the fans who changed.

Seth is booed because his booking has been diabolical, with the tip of the iceberg being his cowering to Bray Wyatt. plus he's been a díck on social media in particular about everything.

So he is a delusional heel? He isn't right , he is delusional. Look at it that way and it works.

Makes more sense when you factor in his match with Bray, and him about to snap. And his social media behaviour. Makes sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When did Rusev become half Mick Foley and half Fez from that 70's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So I watched Raw in mostly its entirety this week. First time in years. Am I mad? Probably.

First hour was decent. Im probably one of the few who dont hate Bobby v Rusev. Lana annoys me, and as a whole Im not a fan of this type of Angle but both Lashley and Rusev are doing their best with it. I like both guys and seeing them in a focused angle on Raw, its been watchable for what it is.

Drew vs Matt was a lame duck but its helping Drew. Last week so many matches were enhancement matches. I dont mind the odd one or 2 but my hopes were it wasnt the first if many. Im a huge fan of Drew and it wont take much to push him but thr 50 50 booking has held him back. I hope his feud with Randy leads him to getting the push he needs. No reason not to put him over Orton.

Delighted The Viking Raiders had a match that wasnt against a jobber team. Nice simple promo, then they crush a decent up and coming team. It was good to see the tag champs looking well.

Adding Seth in the end was a nice touch. Dickhead Seth is very enjoyable. Im ok Seth and KOs promo.

Adding Sami to manage Mojo can only help Mojo though I dont think there is any manager than can make me apprcaite Rawley, he just sucks. I wouldnt weep if he was released. Using him to heat up Owens was fine.

Black vs Murphy is a nice little feud. It could do with more substance but Im excited to see these two tear it up big fan of both men. Black vs Tozawa was a nice match. I have to admit I felt the commentary team did a great job of putting Black ovet, even Lawler. They made him out to be a big deal and he was booked as such. Cant complain.

Andrade and Carrillo has potential to be a nice feud. Carillo has replaced Cedric Alexander as the 123 Kid persona on Raw. Nice tv match har the botch, both got over and the right result. I wouldnt mind seeing more of these two feuding. Andrade is so good and deserves to be featured more. Hes so smooth and hard hitting.

Murphy vs Ryder. Another enhancement, which is disappointing bit again it served its purpose but Ryder got in way too much offence for my liking.

Rollins and AOP is a good fit if done right. I do see Rollins as a poor mans Bret Hart but Im happy with it. Its waaay better than Seths recent bollox. He is bitter and resentment is high and it works for me. Aligning with the AOP is interesting and hopes it leads to bright things.

100 mins onto Raw and I havent had anything major to complain about. Its been a long time since I said that.

Happy with how Becky and Charlotte are being used together once it doesnt lead to another high profile Becky and Flair match. God Asuka is great.

Aj and Rey was built up to be a big deal all night and its a pity it just was so flat. Both men are banged up and it was a tv match but Im sure they are capable of much better. AJ really has been so uninspring as of late. I suspect a 4 way with AJ Rey Drew and Orton down the line. My only hope is that Drew comes out on top with or without the title.

I decent Raw that ran outta seem at the end but its a been a slow improvement each week. The show is still far from perfect, its too long, 50 50 booking, but they have been taking small steps each week. It was an enjoyable show, nothing blow awat amazing but an enjoyable watch that kept my interest for most parts.

Class write-up, Joe. Review more sh*t please!

Getting a scared realisation of down the road a baby face Rollins going up against AOP after they turn on him

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Getting a scared realisation of down the road a baby face Rollins going up against AOP after they turn on him

Jesus it's been one and a half days!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jesus it's been one and a half days!

Never to early to get ready for the inevitable ha

Hes over with the misses doing some Q&A thing in London.

ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wonder what going to happen on RAW tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wonder what going to happen on RAW tonight.

Apparently taping two episodes tonight. Imagine being in that crowd for 5-6 hours for two throwaway Raws where nothing will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First episode: Bobby proposes
    Second Episode: wedding

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    First episode: Bobby proposes
    Second Episode: wedding

Third episode: profit.

Raw is in sky sports mix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

You end a 50 minute gauntlet match like that? Why wouldn't Andrade just roll back into the ring and win by count out?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 thecowgoesmoo

Sick of heel Rollins already. Why do i continue to watch this crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement