Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lesnar and the title on a rest holidays till RR?

I'm curious who goes after him next.

Rollins turning heel, and feuding with KO.
    Rey obviously has moved on to the US title scene.
    Styles and Orton pairing up.
    Joe hurt.
    Scrapping the barrel, Rusev and Lashley tied up.

There's no obvious challanger in the short term, and they didn't even bother writing him off this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm curious who goes after him next.

Rollins turning heel, and feuding with KO.
    Rey obviously has moved on to the US title scene.
    Styles and Orton pairing up.
    Joe hurt.
    Scrapping the barrel, Rusev and Lashley tied up.

There's no obvious challanger in the short term, and they didn't even bother writing him off this time.

Maybe Ricochet?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/WWERDream1/status/1199136989485977600
    That cop looks so happy to be arresting Rusev��������

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seth Rollins presents his version of the shield

Reigns could get Heavy Machinery in his version on SD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pretty good episode. Some great matches.
    The Rusev/Lana/Lashely stuff is awful but that beatdown was awesome, hopefully it moves in that direction.
    A delusional heel Seth seems like it could be great too.
    I'd say Brock is gone till Rumble at least. McIntyre is someone I could see as a challenger to him but he'd need to be built up, they've kinda misfired with him in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

ThePott wrote: »
    A delusional heel Seth seems like it could be great too.

I'd say Brock is gone till Rumble at least. McIntyre is someone I could see as a challenger to him but he'd need to be built up, they've kinda misfired with him in general.

And it plays in well with Rollins Twitter persona over the last few months of being a winey dick, have WWE been planning this Rollins turn all this time.

Is Cain Velasquez gonna be out injured much longer, but even feuding with him if he was to come back would probably be meh seeing as the feud with Rey has probably moved on.

Would prefer to see AJ and the club feud with Brock. He works better with the smaller more agile guys, we know him and AJ can put on a good match plus he can have fun rag dolling Gallows and Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Best episode of Raw that I can remember, that opening segment was gold and there were a few excellent matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i didnt know what they were doing turning askua and kairi but dear they have been brilliant since the heel turn

And it plays in well with Rollins Twitter persona over the last few months of being a winey dick, have WWE been planning this Rollins turn all this time.
    Is Cain Velasquez gonna be out injured much longer, but even feuding with him if he was to come back would probably be meh seeing as the feud with Rey has probably moved on.
    Would prefer to see AJ and the club feud with Brock. He works better with the smaller more agile guys, we know him and AJ can put on a good match plus he can have fun rag dolling Gallows and Anderson.
    Yeah makes sense to capitalise on all the twitter heat, can't imagine WWE did it on purpose though.
    I think Cain is out for quite a while, don't think he'll feud with Brock again.
    Would love an AJ feud but if we're honest, I don't think he'll get the title off him. I don't know who does tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Using Meltzer's tweet from after the Saudi show about Seth giving a speech and turning it into an angle.

Is Dave working for both WWE and AEW now.

Maybe the WWE should hire Dave for creative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder why Becky wasn't there.
    Viking Raiders won their match so they should've said something.
    Do refs never wonder why someone's face is covered in green stuff all of a sudden and the person is screaming?
    Why are they still calling Lana the Ravishing Russian considering all pretence has been dropped?

Remember when we would have the backstage 24/7 segments which were entertaining? Apart from the WWE shop bit last night there was nothing about it. And any other week now it seems to be just running out and around the ring then to the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder why Becky wasn't there.
    Viking Raiders won their match so they should've said something.
    Do refs never wonder why someone's face is covered in green stuff all of a sudden and the person is screaming?
    Why are they still calling Lana the Ravishing Russian considering all pretence has been dropped?

They were turning Rollins heel so they probably didn't want the association between the two because in WWE land, heels and face don't fraternise.

I understand from that point of view, but storyline wise, she was standing tall at the end of Survivor Series, so it's not like they can say she was selling her injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry not Sorry Seth

• Site Banned Posts: 35 joejoggs

Jesus this promo is beyond bad from Drew.

I haven't cringed this bad in a while.

EDIT: And now the OC, Christ. I lasted an hour.

• Site Banned Posts: 35 joejoggs

I don't get this All-star black thing, he's as interesting as watching an egg boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why do the Viking Raiders, the bloody reigning tag team champions, just squash nondescript jobbers week in and week out. Why would anyone care about them at this stage. It's bollox is what it is.

Oh look, Drew's talking. Guess I can skip on. And now Randy's there. Skip faster.

Did they mention the NASCAR champion before that bit with Truth? First time I heard who he is was when he was leaving with the title.

I have a bad feeling they'll still try and save Seth by having him come out for a save against AoP.

I liked Drew's promo and Tozawa made him look like an animal. Tozawa may be the only 205 guy I like. I think he's really good.

Becky missing again and likely no title match at TLC? The last title defence was two months ago and looking like there will be nothing until the Rumble. A decent title reign is becoming similar to Ambrose's US title run or Alexa's Raw one. Spinning wheels until Ronda is available, I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    I liked Drew's promo and Tozawa made him look like an animal. Tozawa may be the only 205 guy I like. I think he's really good.

Becky missing again and likely no title match at TLC? The last title defence was two months ago and looking like there will be nothing until the Rumble. A decent title reign is becoming similar to Ambrose's US title run or Alexa's Raw one. Spinning wheels until Ronda is available, I'm guessing.

Supposedly her & Charlotte will take on the Kabuki warriors, I think in a TLC match. I'd prefer they just went for her & Sane at TLC instead then do the Asuka match at the Rumble, one year after Asuka beat her. Do those tag matches in between those 2 events.
    TLC is on next weekend, someone should let WWE know.

• Advertisement

Couldn't even finish Raw this week, absolute trash. The worst it's ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

ERG89 wrote: »
    Supposedly her & Charlotte will take on the Kabuki warriors, I think in a TLC match. I'd prefer they just went for her & Sane at TLC instead then do the Asuka match at the Rumble, one year after Asuka beat her. Do those tag matches in between those 2 events.
    TLC is on next weekend, someone should let WWE know.

Don't see any point in Becky in a tag match at TLC can wwe not just promote their women's tag teams and use the talent

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some ****e this week

Eric young getting a run out says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Done with RAW.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I watched the first third and haven't got back yet to finish the show.

Is it worth going back to finish it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I watched the first third and haven't got back yet to finish the show.

Is it worth going back to finish it?

I haven't seen it but no, no it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why do the Viking Raiders, the bloody reigning tag team champions, just squash nondescript jobbers week in and week out. Why would anyone care about them at this stage. It's bollox is what it is.

Well pick any tag team including the champs from the 1980's in the NWA(so the horsemen, midnight express,rock n roll) were beating jobber teams and it never hurt them.

Right, so Lana on a pole for TLC then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Rusev and Lana to pull a fast one and get back together. Lashley gets the crap beat out of him. Sh1tty double turn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement