Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did you see yourself on Smackdown or Raw, PTH?

Could imagine kids asking their parents what Lana was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Be very curious how much they messed with the crowd mics compared to what was televised.

As for Lana/Rusev, this is the embarassing stuff people talk about when you say you watch wrestling. I think Rusev and Lana are irreparably damaged by this drivel. Can't think of any possible ending that will be satisfying from a viewer perspective.

Didn't Rowan have a gimmick like this for a hot minute before the Bludgeon Brothers became a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,980 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did you see yourself on Smackdown or Raw, PTH?

Could imagine kids asking their parents what Lana was talking about.

nah i was too far up the back of the tiered seats but had a great view myself

counted about 5 segments which appeared on TV but were not shown in the arena. Fake crowd noise for them

One of the biggest crowd noises of the night went to the Fiend who attacked Styles and the OC when they were mocking the crowd in a dark segment after Orton and Co pissed off

Did u see Ricochets entrance deff overdone it on the smoke

Heard Rollins was booed a lot more live and Imperium got a much bigger pop.

Seen a lot of people mention how they basically neutered Walter and Imperium by having them lose to some random team.

There was a weird sounding cheer when Walter was talking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭2pacshakur

Raw thread is quite tonight.

Not the worst opening segment but don't think I'll last the three hours

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2pacshakur wrote: »
    Raw thread is quite tonight.

Not the worst opening segment but don't think I'll last the three hours

I don't think anyone did....

Felt like a redundant Raw. Not a final Raw before Survivor Series.
    Happy they've at least finally remembered that Smackdown and Raw are meant to be feuding too not just NXT versus everyone.
    They basically did the same segment with Seth and KO except there seemed to be even less of a point to it. Unless one of them is going to betray their team at Survivor Series.
    The did a Lashley segment that involved a match and didn't further the story at all. Rusev didn't even get involved.
    Half the people in the brawl at the end aren't even on the card. Triple H cut a very blaisé promo from backstage.
    A lot of segments seemed really desperate to try get people to come back after the commercial.

Feels like a real wasted opportunity to not have the NXT title defended at the show too.

EDIT- Oh and the Aleister Black segment where we see that literally he is talking about a literal room and door that he's waiting for someone to knock on. Buddy Murpyh finally does and it takes him so long to answer that they don't have a match. Should be a good one when it does happen though.

Black looked pretty stupid coming out after Murphy left.

2 matches cut short by invasions resulting in opponents teaming up to fight back. The last one I understand but Andrade basically turned face while Lucha House Party turned heel. Thought at first they were the only ones Fox would allow to appear.

One thing I do find funny apart from rivals joining forces (how will they coexist?) is how they apparently have to grab their brand's t-shirt before going for the rescue. Like you see them being interviewed backstage and they're not wearing Raw t-shirts.
    The only ones who look right are the NXT guys as their shirts look normal.
    So how come Ryder/Hawkins didn't get their title match but were able to run down at the end?
    And how do those big invasions get resolved after the show goes off the air?

And the biggest offence of this episode is Billie left Peyton hanging!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Murphy/Tozawa was a great match. Buddy has serious strength, catching the suicide dive and turning it into a suplex was brilliant.

Also, Lana is poison. I don't see her worth at all in WWE.

• Advertisement

For the purpose of that storyline they just decided to go the real name route

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charly was smoking hot on RAW last night and the best thing about it.

Actually Charly was the second best thing about RAW after Joe on commentary.

presume the NXT guys are going back to there show only now. Its the reset button for Raw now leading to TLC and the Rumble

Will we AOP target the vikings and the tag titles ??

Black vs Buddy Murphy looks set to happen

Is rey finished with Brock ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    presume the NXT guys are going back to there show only now. Its the reset button for Raw now leading to TLC and the Rumble

Will we AOP target the vikings and the tag titles ??

Black vs Buddy Murphy looks set to happen

Is rey finished with Brock ??

Viking Raiders will probably go back to squashing jobbers.

If they had a GM, punishments could be handed out for losing. But they don't, though I still want to know who makes matches official during the break.

They have 3 episodes to build for TLC.
    Trying to remember if Seth is feuding with anyone.
    To be honest, I'm having trouble thinking of any feuds on Raw

If they had a GM, punishments could be handed out for losing. But they don't, though I still want to know who makes matches official during the break.

Maybe we will get Seth vs KO

Was thinking that. He obviously decided against splashing Ciampa, who eliminated him, so Rollins can bring that up.
    Of course, Rollins facing Owens only works if they commit to turning Rollins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

No one cares about Rollins so turning him will make no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Punk :P

Knowing wrestling fans, if Rollins does turn heel we'll start thinking he's cool and start cheering him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

J. Marston wrote: »
    Knowing wrestling fans, if Rollins does turn heel we'll start thinking he's cool and start cheering him.

I sincerely doubt it.

He's already a whiny dork so the standard WWE "you people" heel turn won't even register when he does it.

He's nothing. It's impossible to care about him. He was blessed to be in a faction with Roman and Moxley because he is just a WWE mark that made it big by association with them.

Dump him down to the midcard and give his spot to Adam Cole.

Rollins been a dick here

Would've been funny if Becky was out there and Rollins started criticising her.

Jesus Titus o neil in a match on raw

AOP with new attaires

This lana/rusev/lashley thing is gone so bad its almost entertaining

There really bringing everyone out tonight from the doldrums

Titus and now Matt Hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Now that's the Rollins we all want to see. Brilliant rant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought that was a really, really strong episode of Raw.

Some really good matches. Seth 90% towards a heel turn, and probably partnering him with AoP. Rey with a real feel good moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lesnar and the title on a rest holidays till RR?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lesnar and the title on a rest holidays till RR?

I reckon so! He deserves the break :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement