Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Owners Thread - - - - (No posts about deliveries)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

So after a couple of days with the 7 Plus, i'm in love with the device.

I know not everyone can justify the upgrade from a 6s Plus to the 7 Plus, but IMO, the camera alone is worth it.

The picture quality out of this thing is amazing, i'm delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

eeloe wrote: »
    So after a couple of days with the 7 Plus, i'm in love with the device.

I know not everyone can justify the upgrade from a 6s Plus to the 7 Plus, but IMO, the camera alone is worth it.

The picture quality out of this thing is amazing, i'm delighted with it.

Damn you !

Just ordered the 7 plus 128GB. Now to adverts with my 6S plus 64GB for low-ball offers and part-trade suggestions with 98 corsa or similar :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

dodzy wrote: »
    Damn you !

Just ordered the 7 plus 128GB. Now to adverts with my 6S plus 64GB for low-ball offers and part-trade suggestions with 98 corsa or similar :(

To avoid that, i just gave my 6s+ to the wife, and gave her old 6+ to my little brother.

Brownie points all round! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Damn you !

Half bag popcorn, plus anything in my ad's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Damn you !

150 cash offered. Collect in 20mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Damn you !

Classic! you got the love some adverts users.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

10.1 is out grab it for portrait mode for your 7 plus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Out of interest will a iPhone 6 case feet a 7 plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

godtabh wrote: »
    Out of interest will a iPhone 6 case feet a 7 plus?

I presume you are talking 6 plus? In any case no it won't fit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mad muffin wrote: »
    I presume you are talking 6 plus? In any case no it won't fit.

Yeah iphone 76 plus to iphone 7 plus.

Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

I moved from a Note 4 to iphone7+ after the Note7 debacle. I'm well used to IOS but always preferred the Note because of the size and the pen. So Far I'm very happy... I got around he pen bit by using and adonit one and a myscript plugin. I don't think there is anything i now miss on the note bar the customisation. i even have my android wear watch working albeit not as well. I have an apple watch too but I still prefer my huawei watch.

One thing i would have liked would have been the addition of apple pencil support (i have a iPad pro too) as it would have saved me on the adonit purchase. Camera is nice and I like the the live photos and the new portrait mode.

so far i'm a happy user

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

godtabh wrote: »
    Yeah iphone 76 plus to iphone 7 plus.

Thanks for the info

That case from he future won't fit.

Can you elaborate on what features the 76th version has :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

One complaint, bloody tricky to take a photo when you have wax on your fingers

And a fecken plan trying to clean the phone afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

Not impressed at all with the call audio on my iPhone 7 I got the other day, sounds like its on speaker when its not, boxy sounding. I just Googled it and it seems to be an issue others have noticed. Anyone else noticed this? Came from A 5C which sounded fine, like the 4S, 3, and 2 I had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone able to recommend a good iPhone 7 Plus tempered glass screen protector?

I dont trust the reviews of ones on Amazon since most of them are shills for a free product and many of them are mixed in with reviews of glass protectors for other/older devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Anyone able to recommend a good iPhone 7 Plus tempered glass screen protector?

I dont trust the reviews of ones on Amazon since most of them are shills for a free product and many of them are mixed in with reviews of glass protectors for other/older devices.

enjoying it ?

enjoying it ?

Yeah, just logged into my accounts on all my apps and set it up this AM. Still getting used to iOS.

Iphone 7 jet black arrived today!

I noticed straight away that the screen on the 7 was noticeably yellower than my 6. Also not quite as bright on the same brightness setting. Maybe a notch dimmer. Display accommodation fixed the tint problem fairly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Picked up my Matt black iPhone 7 plus (128gb) last Friday. I'd upgraded from an iPhone 5 so it was a major upgrade for me. I had dithered over the size of the plus versus the "ordinary" 7 and I'm delighted I went with the plus as the screen size is amazing, picture is amazing and the sound is amazing! It's also so much faster than the old handset and the sound quality on voice calls through the handset and on Bluetooth in the car is noticeably better. I bought an otterbox case for it for protection and a Kenu airframe+ to hold it in the car.

Still finding new things about it everyday but it was worth the outlay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The battery life on my 6 is absolutely rubbish. Was hoping to see people saying positive things about the 7 but I think I'm going to have to jump ship to an Android :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

I have a lot of music on my laptop, burned from CDs, but running Vista so cannot download latest version of iTunes... iPhone 7 won't connect with it so can't transfer the music to my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    The battery life on my 6 is absolutely rubbish. Was hoping to see people saying positive things about the 7 but I think I'm going to have to jump ship to an Android :(

The battery life on the 7 is excellent. I'm getting much better performance than I did on my 6. Charging every second day (just to be sure, could probably go a third), where as I had to charge daily with the 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

think I'm going to have to jump ship to an Android :(
    You disgust me :D
    iPhone 7 is awesome. Ignore the naysayers... Go get one and stay on the right side of the force.

Went and got a matte black iPhone 7 from iConnect today and initiated a return of my 7 jet black. Just wasn't feeling the jet black finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Battery life on my 7plus is unbelievable. I charge it up in the evening and by morning it's at 99%, by the next evening it's at 80-85% and that's after using it for calls, emails, satnav while driving, Facebook etc. I could let it go for three days easily without a charge. Haven't had a phone with battery life like that since my old Nokia 3310!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Lads found this thread! Have had the iPhone 7 Plus in Rose Gold since Day 1 (well day 2 for my sis to deliver to me) and I love it.

The camera is awesome and a keen wildlife photographer in the office v impressed with it

The screen means I'm using my MacBook less and the battery life is great. Got a leather wallet off eBay and toughened glass in Fixmyi

Again, Delighted to remain with Apple

For to unlock an iPhone using touchID, do you have to press the home "button"? Or can you just place your finger on the it?

As usual the iPhone charges faster with the iPad charger instead of the one in the box :mad:

Ignore the eejit trying to go viral with the #gate shi7e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

That's common sense. The iPad charger is rated higher.

Luckily I have two iPad chargers lying around so they're great if you need a quick boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For to unlock an iPhone using touchID, do you have to press the home "button"? Or can you just place your finger on the it?
    There's a setting you can change that allows you to rest your finger to unlock.
    Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button and turn on the switch for rest finger to open.

Advertisement