Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Owners Thread - - - - (No posts about deliveries)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

deep1 wrote: »
    ie on 6s plus i was getting about 6 hrs usage ( no music), 7 plus i am getting close to 12 hrs with no music at all.

Sweet baby jesus! Cant wait to get my 7 Plus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

@ is the shortcut for it. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Yeah battery on the 7plus is unreal. I used to be leaving work at 6pm with 40% on my 6 Plus, now I'm leaving with 60-70%. I've also got a Pebble Watch connected and would be on facebook/whatsapp during downtime.

Yeah battery on the 7plus is unreal. I used to be leaving work at 6pm with 40% on my 6 Plus, now I'm leaving with 60-70%. I've also got a Pebble Watch connected and would be on facebook/whatsapp during downtime.

Jaysus

How long does it take to charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Ordered my iPhone 7 128GB through Three Business this afternoon. Delivery within a week or two, apparently. Can anyone recommend me a good case that adds almost no bulk to the phone. Ideally a silicone/TPU case or something similar. Not bothered if it's a softer, rubbery feel case or hard. I've seen people recommend the Spigen Liquid Armor. How has that worked out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

That's not good, I am finding battery life to be great, 10.0.2. was great but 10.1 beta have increased it even further.

ie on 6s plus i was getting about 6 hrs usage ( no music), 7 plus i am getting close to 12 hrs with no music at all.

do you have many apps running in background? i find fb is biggest culprit.

Nope. Hardly anything running in background and while in work today with a strong wifi signal and only checked email a couple of times it dropped to 45%. After work in local shopping centre with Data on it dropped to zilch. I checked the battery usage and the clock was a massive 55%. I am just after doing a factory reset. Not happy. Thing is, I have it over a week and this is the first I've seen the battery drain like this.

Incidentally I usual keep background app refresh on for data manger and 1blocker only, location services is usually only on for fitness and weather, gmail is set to fetch, don't use iCloud mail, screen brightness is low usually, have most notifications off.

Will see later this evening after I charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Flaccus wrote: »
    Nope. Hardly anything running in background and while in work today with a strong wifi signal and only checked email a couple of times it dropped to 45%. After work in local shopping centre with Data on it dropped to zilch. I checked the battery usage and the clock was a massive 55%. I am just after doing a factory reset. Not happy. Thing is, I have it over a week and this is the first I've seen the battery drain like this.

Incidentally I usual keep background app refresh on for data manger and 1blocker only, location services is usually only on for fitness and weather, gmail is set to fetch, don't use iCloud mail, screen brightness is low usually, have most notifications off.

Will see later this evening after I charge it.

Post a screenshot of battery usage page when you see the drain like this, also keep an eye on mobile data, maybe some app draining in background which should show up mobile data or wifi data usage.

If you using iphone mail app and fetch, switch to google inbox or gmail app and see if that helps.

brophs wrote: »
    Ordered my iPhone 7 128GB through Three Business this afternoon. Delivery within a week or two, apparently. Can anyone recommend me a good case that adds almost no bulk to the phone. Ideally a silicone/TPU case or something similar. Not bothered if it's a softer, rubbery feel case or hard. I've seen people recommend the Spigen Liquid Armor. How has that worked out?

It's ok but almost zero protection if you drop it. I would recommend either the Tech21 Impact Clear (about same thickness as spigen but stiffer and more protective, drop protection guaranteed to 1.5 metres) or slightly more bulky Otterbox Symmetry Clear which is really clear and not frosted like the Tech21. Both are very scratch resistant. The only issue is the grip on the back is so terrible (the Tech21 being the worst) you could play air hockey with them.

Personally I am getting this as soon as it's in stock. Very slim and great protection. (Spec Presidio Grip)
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/60217-speck-presidio-grip-iphone-7-tough-case-black.htm

Post a screenshot of battery usage page when you see the drain like this, also keep an eye on mobile data, maybe some app draining in background which should show up mobile data or wifi data usage.

If you using iphone mail app and fetch, switch to google inbox or gmail app and see if that helps.

Thanks but I already reset it, and it was the clock at over 55% and email at 35%, rest was 1 or 2% here and there. Was using apple mail set to fetch instead of push.

Waiting for it to charge and will setup again.

Anyone recommend a good portable battery pack. Something slim ideally with lighting cable integrated.

By the way, anyone experiencing that buzzing/whining noise on their plus when it's under load. Just wondering how prevalent it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

It's ok but almost zero protection if you drop it. I would recommend either the Tech21 Impact Clear (about same thickness as spigen but stiffer and more protective, drop protection guaranteed to 1.5 metres) or slightly more bulky Otterbox Symmetry Clear which is really clear and not frosted like the Tech21. Both are very scratch resistant. The only issue is the grip on the back is so terrible (the Tech21 being the worst) you could play air hockey with them.

Personally I am getting this as soon as it's in stock. Very slim and great protection. (Spec Presidio Grip)
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/60217-speck-presidio-grip-iphone-7-tough-case-black.htm

shmeee wrote: »
    I bought 2 cases off amazon, like yourself I don't like anything bulky.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GU935VA/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GIVX1YG/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Have the Spigen one on at moment and it's very nice and light, fits tight around the phone and it's raised above the screen so added bit of protection there.

The Poetic case is a bit more classy with it's colour. Has the grips on the side and the added protection on the corners.

Happy with both purchases.

A lad in a shop here in town tried to get me to pay €25 for a clear case that didn't feel anyway as nice as the ones I got. About €30 for both delivered.

Using the poetic case I mentioned above at moment, love it, feels so solid on the phone.

Would recommend it.

• Advertisement

Using the poetic case I mentioned above at moment, love it, feels so solid on the phone.

Would recommend it.

How do you find the clear back. Any scratches as clear polycarbonate tends to show them unless treated or frosted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Anyone else having trouble with the iPhone 7 and car Bluetooth connection...

When someone calls the blue booth connection remains on when the call ends or when I turn the car on the blue tooth thinks I'm trying to call myself

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

rodento wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with the iPhone 7 and car Bluetooth connection

Look back through this chain, lots of discussion on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Anyone suggest a really good slim case? I'm liking a gold one perhaps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

rodento wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with the iPhone 7 and car Bluetooth connection...

When someone calls the blue booth connection remains on when the call ends or when I turn the car on the blue tooth thinks I'm trying to call myself

Someone had an issue with their VW system.
    Me personally, mine works perfect with the parrot in the Merc and my GF's working perfect with the BMW built in system.

Thanks read thread and will try to reset Bluetooth on car, it's a Citroen C3 Picasso

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

I've had trouble with bluetooth in the car and with bluetooth speakers at home with my iPhone 7, but I think it's an iOS 10 issue, as my wife has the same problems with her SE.

Music plays fine through the Parrot MKi9200, but calls drop on and off between Parrot and phone. Very annoying. Music often stops playing when going through bluetooth speakers at home.

How do you find the clear back. Any scratches as clear polycarbonate tends to show them unless treated or frosted

No scratches yet anyway, ands it's getting a good test the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No scratches yet anyway, ands it's getting a good test the past few days.

Works perfect on iphone 7 plus?

Headshot wrote: »
    Works perfect on iphone 7 plus?

It's the 7 I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

apparently a few iphone 7 catching fire

Samsung employees setting them on fire...?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Jaysus

How long does it take to charge?

No idea! I charge it overnight. But it takes about 45 mins to get from 60% up above 90%. The "double dual core" setup is paying dividends it seems!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Only a few? And i bet they haven't caused any planes to be evacuated. Apple just can't keep up with Samsung.

No idea! I charge it overnight. But it takes about 45 mins to get from 60% up above 90%. The "double dual core" setup is paying dividends it seems!

Just read it was 3 hours from 0-100% :eek: My current phone charges to 63% in 30 mins!

Anyone looked into getting a decent portable battery for their 7, ideally one that can output 2 amps ?

Bluetooth kinda pissing me off, only way it works is to reconnect every time in the car, have noticed a new function when either receiving or making calls, kinda like the speaker option but its Bluetooth to radio - think this is preset as off

Any one with any ideas?????

Fixed it using the following

Settings - General - Accessibility - Call Audio Routing - select Bluetooth headset instead of automatic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Does anyone who has ported to Three know how long roughly it takes to happen after delivery of the phone? I got the phone this morning and had been told it'd happen by afternoon, which it hasn't, obviously. It's a business a/c so when I rang customer service they couldn't tell me anything, as the business folks go home earlier. Not a major issue, I'm just wondering whether it's normal to run into a second day or should I follow up again?

Cheers.

Advertisement