Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Owners Thread - - - - (No posts about deliveries)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

dunworth1 wrote: »
    so i'm due an upgrade the middle of January and have decided to get my first iphone after being with android forever I've decided on the 7 plus

my question is what is a really good case for it.

I'm thinking otter box but is there something better?

Good choice. I'd recommend a Tech 21/Spigen/Speck case. Otterboxes are too heavy and you'll get sick of it.

I got the Jet and it's a bit beat up, highly recommend the matte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

mad muffin wrote: »
    Is anyone's iMessage glitchy? iMessage comes in and I get the sound coming up on my iPad Air 2 on latest iOS but not getting a notification sound or even screen turning on on my iPhone 7, yet iMessage is there on the lock screen. I'm on latest iOS.

I've turned notifications off and on. Works for a bit but then glitches again.

Turned phone off/on made no difference.

Hard reboot. No difference.

Is your phone actually getting the message though? I'm having a similar issue on my phone (iPhone 7) where iMessages are coming through 2m, 4m even 6m late sometimes.

Comes up on screen as a notification and says it was sent 2m ago.

Very intermittent too.

Happening on 4G & Wifi. Even tested on a new phone (7 Plus) and the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Is your phone actually getting the message though? I'm having a similar issue on my phone (iPhone 7) where iMessages are coming through 2m, 4m even 6m late sometimes.

Comes up on screen as a notification and says it was sent 2m ago.

Very intermittent too.

Happening on 4G & Wifi. Even tested on a new phone (7 Plus) and the same thing.

They come straight away just no kind of notification even though it is on the lock screen. Screen just doesn't light up. Saying that. Hasn't happened since I've posted…

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Guys heading to Newry next week on business and was going to order and Iphone 7 32 gig as its nearly €80 cheaper up there. Was thinking of getting one in Argos.

Would I be best getting this from Argos ? Or do Bordies have any other suggestions ? Also is there any difference in the UK model and Irish ?

Cheers in advance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys heading to Newry next week on business and was going to order and Iphone 7 32 gig as its nearly €80 cheaper up there. Was thinking of getting one in Argos.

Would I be best getting this from Argos ? Or do Bordies have any other suggestions ? Also is there any difference in the UK model and Irish ?

Cheers in advance

UK V Irl model - no difference at all.
    Buy from anywhere up north, as you get the same warranty through Apple anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

944 iPhone Wallpapers

Imgur Link

Download ZIP file link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What's a really good case for an iPhone 7 Jet Black? I'd prefer see through and as thin as possible. I just want it for stop scratches on the back, not for protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

chrislad wrote: »
    What's a really good case for an iPhone 7 Jet Black? I'd prefer see through and as thin as possible. I just want it for stop scratches on the back, not for protection.

ive got this for my 7 plus does the job

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-7/symmetry-series-clear-case/apl41-iph16.html

if you want something really thin and not worried about drop protection this is the one i got the pllus version to tide me over until i got my proper one

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4819376/Trail/searchtext%3EBUSH+IPHONE+7.htm

New update released today.
    iOS-10.3.3.jpg?width=960

Apparently fixes a serious issue...
    Apple’s security document describes it in rather mundane-sounding terms.

Impact: An attacker within range may be able to execute arbitrary code on the Wi-Fi chip

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

But what Nitay Artenstein of Exodus Intelligence discovered – and reported to Apple – was that it was able to exploit the issue to ‘run code in the main application processor.’ In other words, gain complete control of your device.

The underlying issue is a weakness in the Broadcom BCM43xx family of wifi chips. These are used in every iPhone from the iPhone 5 to iPhone 7, as well as 4th-gen iPad and later, and iPod Touch 6th gen. But Artenstein found a way to leverage control of the wifi chip to then take control of the main processor.

• Advertisement

Anyone here sign up for the beta updates?

Im thinking of signing up and wanted to see if anyone would advise me against it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone here sign up for the beta updates?

Im thinking of signing up and wanted to see if anyone would advise me against it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057750328

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

Hi guys, Im trying to decide to go on bill pay or just buy the iphone 7+ outright. Can I ask what you done at the time.. go on bill or buy outright? Id prefer outright but trying to justify it lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd wait. Bad time to be going for an iPhone with the new one being announced in the next few weeks.

Bill pay though depends on your spend on average, and the cost of the plan. Generally, over the 2 years, it works out more expensive, but it's not a massive outlay of 800+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hi guys, Im trying to decide to go on bill pay or just buy the iphone 7+ outright. Can I ask what you done at the time.. go on bill or buy outright? Id prefer outright but trying to justify it lol!

You already have thread on this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057770234

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm switching from windows phone to 7plus this weekend, so if anyone has any tips or recommendations I'd appreciate it..

I have screen protector and caudabe case on order - any other accessories that are must haves?

ablelocks wrote: »
    I'm switching from windows phone to 7plus this weekend, so if anyone has any tips or recommendations I'd appreciate it..

I have screen protector and caudabe case on order - any other accessories that are must haves?

A phone charger :pac::pac:

Seriously! The one that comes with it is 5W and takes ages to charge it. I use my iPad minis charger which is 10W. Id try any USB chargers you have in your house before going out and buying a new one.

A phone charger :pac::pac:

Seriously! The one that comes with it is 5W and takes ages to charge it. I use my iPad minis charger which is 10W. Id try any USB chargers you have in your house before going out and buying a new one.

thanks, have an ipad mini 10w charger waiting for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Phone just tanked - fecken thing crashed and now won't get passed the apple logo - can't even re set it in iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

rodento wrote: »
    Phone just tanked - fecken thing crashed and now won't get passed the apple logo - can't even re set it in iTunes
    Have you tried putting it in DFU mode and resetting it in iTunes that way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Thanks tried that on different pc's, cables and wifi - in the end I dug out my old 5s and sent the 7 back to Apple to repair

Not sure if it was an issue with the resent iOS upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭josephsoap

I having been using the 7 plus for almost a year now.

I am just wondering how are other 7 plus owners getting on with the phones regarding the size screen - would you buy a ‘plus’ model again?

I think when I upgrade again I might go back to 4.7” screen.

josephsoap wrote: »
    I having been using the 7 plus for almost a year now.

I am just wondering how are other 7 plus owners getting on with the phones regarding the size screen - would you buy a ‘plus’ model again?

I think when I upgrade again I might go back to 4.7” screen.

Im thinking the same after my last 4 phones were 5.5' phones, or else Id get the X in a years time when its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Have the 7 plus since October or so last year. Love the screen size and would have no intention of going back to the smaller one. Saying that i'll be upgrading to the updated X next year rather than the 9 plus.

i have the 7 plus about 2 months or so - no way would i go back to the smaller screen.

Advertisement