Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Owners Thread - - - - (No posts about deliveries)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Headshot wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the Iphone 7 plus?

Something tempered glass

I spent 25€ on zagg in carphone warehouse and guy tried 3 times and it won't fit, bubbles underneath etc so they had to refund me.

Went over to charlstown shopping center and small mobile shop didn't have 7 plus but had 6s plus so went for it, he fitted it perfectly, and for 5€.
    6s plus will fit perfect only speaker on top is bit wider but you don't see and won't effect in any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ok! Mind made up. Jet black iPhone 7 ordered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

mad muffin wrote: »
    Ok! Mind made up. Jet black iPhone 7 ordered :D

Ooooh ya sure you made the right choice? :/

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

I have a nice new iPhone7 plus and its pairing over bluetooth in my 2012 car... not a VW though! I've taken calls through it and played back music and so far no issues,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

What cases are people getting ? I see Compub are stocking the Tech 21 Impact clear (it's really a frosted back with some scratch resistance) which is the thinnest drop protective case I have seen besides the apple official one but way more protective and guaranteed 5 foot drop protection. It's also adds hardly any width unlike the Evo check.

https://www.tech21.com/en_eu/impact-clear-case-for-apple-iphone-7

Otterbox are also doing a scratch resistant crystal clear symmetry but a bit more bulky and better lay on the table design then tech21. All the stores seem to carry them.

http://www.otterbox.ie/en-ie/iphone-7/symmetry-series-clear-case/apl41-iph16.html#start=1

My favorite though is the solid back symmetry in rosso corsa red.

Seems a lot sturdier than the Spigen stuff. Then again the liquid crystal is alot cheaper.
    http://www.spigen.co.uk/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-7/iphone-7-case-liquid-crystal.html#.V_l8IvkrLIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Flaccus wrote: »
    What cases are people getting ?

I went for the Otterbox Symmetry Series in the "bespoke way" blue. Had a similar model on my iPhone 6. The case adds great grip and what feels like solid protection, without adding too much bulk.

I'll be getting a tempered glass screen protector too.

Only thing with Otterboxes is you can use them for airhockey the back is so slippy

The speck presidio grip is getting good reviews,
    http://www.speckproducts.com/apple/iphone-cases/iphone-7-cases/presidio-grip-iphone-7-cases/IP7-PR-GRIP.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

https://www.tech21.com/en_eu/evo-check-case-for-apple-iphone-7-plus

Have this my 3rd tech21 case on various iPhones.

shanec1928 wrote: »

https://www.tech21.com/en_eu/evo-check-case-for-apple-iphone-7-plus

Have this my 3rd tech21 case on various iPhones.

This time round I went for the impact clear. I find the edges of the evo check add too much width

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone gone from the 6+ to the 7+ and finding that the battery takes longer to charge and there's very little difference from a user experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

faceman wrote: »
    Anyone gone from the 6+ to the 7+ and finding that the battery takes longer to charge and there's very little difference from a user experience?

no , battery is pretty similar but i find the 7 plus much quicker with apps and unlocking the phone via touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I'm happy with my iPhone 7 (Decided to go with the 7 instead of 7 Plus) with a TPU Golden case

Pics:

2831DD1E-C57C-44F2-84C3-FBDDFB388C53.jpg

E6303159-0EB1-48F7-8BA6-3195F6350DFD.jpg

3C12830C-24AD-4031-9ABF-1F6F7CA5C5F8.jpg

peteeeed wrote: »
    faceman wrote: »

no , battery is pretty similar but i find the 7 plus much quicker with apps and unlocking the phone via touch

Finding the battery on 7 sane as 6s. It sucks. Anyone recommend a very slim portable battery ? Ideally a 2amp one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Asmooh wrote: »
    I'm happy with my iPhone 7 (Decided to go with the 7 instead of 7 Plus) with a TPU Golden case

Pics:

2831DD1E-C57C-44F2-84C3-FBDDFB388C53.jpg

E6303159-0EB1-48F7-8BA6-3195F6350DFD.jpg

3C12830C-24AD-4031-9ABF-1F6F7CA5C5F8.jpg

Jaysus, you butchered the links/images!

I thought you were unhappy with iPhones and loved Blackberry phones? You came to your senses! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Samsung just announced that they are stopping sales of the Note 7 altogether.

Link

That's going to be some boost to Apple and their iPhone 7.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Samsung just announced that they are stopping production of the Galaxy 7 altogether.

That's going to be some boost to Apple and their iPhone 7.

The exploding Note 7 I presume you mean. The S7 is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The exploding Note 7 I presume you mean. The S7 is fine.

Sorry,you are correct and I have updated my post.

The draw on the battery of the 7 when connected with the Apple Watch is unreal.

Has anyone got any hints?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've a Series 1 connected to an iPhone 7. The watch gets 2 days with roughly 10% battery left when charging. The phone gets a full day with probably about the same 10% left.

What kind of drain are you getting or is yours similar to that?

I don't disable any background stuff or switch wifi on and off. Everything is enabled and running on 4G when not on wifi.

I have the same devices. Right now my phone has dropped to 61%. That's about 25% more than this time last week (I only got the watch on Saturday), if anything I am using my phone less as everything is being replied through the phone (i realise the phone is still doing the heavy lifting :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

Updates after 5 days with a 7+

Maasive step from the 5, camera is superb. Overall the phone is very fast compared to the 5. Battery life is great and I can get two days out of it but I'm not on it all the time.

I was concerned about the size when I ordered but its turned out to be more than manageable and my right hand is in a splint and not much use I've had no difficulties with the size.

3D touch is good and finding I'm using it more for replies etc.

As for a case I had ordered this one and its grand, might look for another one in time but this offers some protection http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shockproof-Hybrid-Stand-Hard-Bumper-Soft-Case-Cover-For-Apple-iPhone-7-Plus-/302100115549?var=&hash=item465691f05d:m:m5vSXQb8M6f2HjSnTJESh_Q

So overall I'm delighted I upgraded.

traco wrote: »
    Updates after 5 days with a 7+

Maasive step from the 5, camera is superb. Overall the phone is very fast compared to the 5. Battery life is great and I can get two days out of it but I'm not on it all the time.

I was concerned about the size when I ordered but its turned out to be more than manageable and my right hand is in a splint and not much use I've had no difficulties with the size.

3D touch is good and finding I'm using it more for replies etc.

As for a case I had ordered this one and its grand, might look for another one in time but this offers some protection http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shockproof-Hybrid-Stand-Hard-Bumper-Soft-Case-Cover-For-Apple-iPhone-7-Plus-/302100115549?var=&hash=item465691f05d:m:m5vSXQb8M6f2HjSnTJESh_Q

So overall I'm delighted I upgraded.

Nice cases, thanks for the link, Ill probably get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Jaysus, you butchered the links/images!

I thought you were unhappy with iPhones and loved Blackberry phones? You came to your senses! :D

Sorry haha

I got the iphone 6s and now the 7 :)

I do like BlackBerry and BlackBerry OS 10 but since they not supporting that anymore im happy with iOS

We also have a MBP and Ipads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i ordered a 256gb 7 plus with delivery date of 10-17 nov

any 7 plus matt blk 128 or 256 users not happy , ill buy it so i can cancel my apple order ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

Nice cases, thanks for the link, Ill probably get one!

The case is grand, not as high quality as they make out but will fit into jeans pocket etc. Buttons on it are perfect and its more a hard rubber than a soft squashy one. Only problem I have is that he recess for the silent switch is too small for my fat fingers and short nails to reach in.

I'm finding the battery pants. Last night I charged it to 100% before bed and instead of leaving it plugged in, I left it unplugged with airplane mode turned on and battery power savings turned on. It drained overnight doing squat to 82%. My S7 only drains around 3-5% in same situation. Anyone experienced this ? It's also terribly slow to charge, even with the ipad charger. Reckon I will need to buy a portable battery for it.

Interesting article on the iPhone 7 32GB.....which is apparently slower than the other iPhones with more storage

http://www.cultofmac.com/448864/cheaper-iphone-7-models-may-slower/
    iPhone-7-Front-2-780x521.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I'm finding the battery pants. Last night I charged it to 100% before bed and instead of leaving it plugged in, I left it unplugged with airplane mode turned on and battery power savings turned on. It drained overnight doing squat to 82%. My S7 only drains around 3-5% in same situation. Anyone experienced this ? It's also terribly slow to charge, even with the ipad charger. Reckon I will need to buy a portable battery for it.

7 or 7 plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

That sounds to me like the bog standard iOS battery drain issue which can usually only be solved by a restore as a new phone. 18% seems an awful lot for a phone that shouldn't really be doing anything.

As a comparison, my iPhone 5 with 6 month old battery lost around 7% in similar circumstances the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

That's not good, I am finding battery life to be great, 10.0.2. was great but 10.1 beta have increased it even further.

ie on 6s plus i was getting about 6 hrs usage ( no music), 7 plus i am getting close to 12 hrs with no music at all.

do you have many apps running in background? i find fb is biggest culprit.

Advertisement