Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFC Final Replay - Dublin v Mayo Sat 1st October *Read Mod Note Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Looking at it again, Lane got most stuff right. O'Shea was lucky a few times, and some of "tackles" on Small were definitely borderline reds. But another ref would have sent MDM off for the clothesline. So neither team can make issue of ref.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I'd love to know why Dublin were late on the first place andbwhy they requested to change the order of the in out.

Were they trying to play mind games with Mayo to try and show them that they called the shots ?

It was probably something note innocent like someone getting last minute treatment or something.

Ger Canning said the Dubs were late coming out. I'd say the Mayo lads saw that the Dubs were delaying and their time came so they went out. Why would Mayo stall for the Dubs if the Dubs were to be first out and hadnt come out? If anything, keeping the players in past their allotted time was some mind games on the Dubs part. All nothing really.

John Casey's description of events just confirmed to me what i had been thinking all weekend. I am sick to my sh1te of Mayo GAA "personalities". First we have Martin Carney failing to keep his mouth shut on Friday. Why tell the press about McGuinness? Whose benefit was that for? Then David Brady making a complete eejit of himself on Newstalk on Saturday. Suddenly there is a narrative where Jim McGuinness, slayer of the Dubs, was providing help to the Mayo team. An unwanted story and one we should only be hearing about weeks after the game but out in the open because some of our "personalities" are excited.

As for Mort on Saturday night. Someone needs to tell that lad that an ability to form sentences is a prerequisite to being on the telly. You can smell the hunger for fame off him. His missus must be bored with the lack of limelight.

Rant over :)

Sad anal rententive that I am, I was actually following the timetable in the programme.

Everything was two minutes behind time. Was not a question of any of the teams delaying or pulling fast ones, although I suspect that Mayo might have been planning for some such event, as in 2006. Definitely got impression that for one minute they were considering heading to the Hill!

I suspect also that Dubs broke from parade early with that in mind!

Anyway, as someone from Mayo said to me on Sunday "It's all great crack".

And so it is. 80 odd thousand people thrown together and not a dig thrown. It is truly unique. We don't appreciate it enough sometimes. I been at English games back in 90s and they were truly terrifying occasions. A good day was not having someone fk a bottle at you or try and smack you in the head.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Sad anal rententive that I am, I was actually following the timetable in the programme.

Everything was two minutes behind time. Was not a question of any of the teams delaying or pulling fast ones, although I suspect that Mayo might have been planning for some such event, as in 2006. Definitely got impression that for one minute they were considering heading to the Hill!

I suspect also that Dubs broke from parade early with that in mind!

Anyway, as someone from Mayo said to me on Sunday "It's all great crack".

And so it is. 80 odd thousand people thrown together and not a dig thrown. It is truly unique. We don't appreciate it enough sometimes. I been at English games back in 90s and they were truly terrifying occasions. A good day was not having someone fk a bottle at you or try and smack you in the head.

We don't need to take the Hill again. Porridge is best stirred once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Gael85

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Ger Canning said the Dubs were late coming out. I'd say the Mayo lads saw that the Dubs were delaying and their time came so they went out. Why would Mayo stall for the Dubs if the Dubs were to be first out and hadnt come out? If anything, keeping the players in past their allotted time was some mind games on the Dubs part. All nothing really.

John Casey's description of events just confirmed to me what i had been thinking all weekend. I am sick to my sh1te of Mayo GAA "personalities". First we have Martin Carney failing to keep his mouth shut on Friday. Why tell the press about McGuinness? Whose benefit was that for? Then David Brady making a complete eejit of himself on Newstalk on Saturday. Suddenly there is a narrative where Jim McGuinness, slayer of the Dubs, was providing help to the Mayo team. An unwanted story and one we should only be hearing about weeks after the game but out in the open because some of our "personalities" are excited.

As for Mort on Saturday night. Someone needs to tell that lad that an ability to form sentences is a prerequisite to being on the telly. You can smell the hunger for fame off him. His missus must be bored with the lack of limelight.

What happened with Mortimer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

We don't need to take the Hill again. Porridge is best stirred once :)
    Head for the hill the next day, or just start a rumour that they might, and the Dubs will be fretting about it:D.

And then head for the hill regardless of whether they're first or not, in honour of the 10th anniversary of Hillgate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Gungadin

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Head for the hill the next day, or just start a rumour that they might, and the Dubs will be fretting about it:D.

And then head for the hill regardless of whether they're first or not, in honour of the 10th anniversary of Hillgate.

Childish carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Jesus, if they are not living ten years ago, your dreaming about 65 years ago! Sweet Dreams, drag yourself into this decade when you are ready.

And you'll notice that that particular group of ego centred players completely ignored their manager during that clip. Such childish behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Whats this about?

blue4ever wrote: »
    Jesus, if they are not living ten years ago, your dreaming about 65 years ago! Sweet Dreams, drag yourself into this decade when you are ready.

And you'll notice that that particular group of ego centred players completely ignored their manager during that clip. Such childish behaviour.
    What was childish about it they warmed up at the Hill 16 end, so what? It appeared to upset the Dublin team on the day so perhaps had the desired affect.

The real question here is why would the Dublin team get upset if an opposition side warms up under Hill 16? Easy to upset them isn't it. Talk about being childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What was childish about it they warmed up at the Hill 16 end, so what? It appeared to upset the Dublin team on the day so perhaps had the desired affect.

The real question here is why would the Dublin team get upset if an opposition side warms up under Hill 16? Easy to upset them isn't it. Talk about being childish.

Is it? Have you polled the current All-Ireland Champions who have overcome the last 2 non-Dublin Champions this year to see if it would bother them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Gungadin wrote: »
    Childish carry on.

This was the year the Dubs started a pre match routine of holding each others hands when walking up to the hill.... :) They could have done with a few lollipop ladies that day.

Is it? Have you polled the current All-Ireland Champions who have overcome the last 2 non-Dublin Champions this year to see if it would bother them?
    Sure if it doesn't bother them, then there'll be no issue if Mayo warm up under Hill16 before the replay on Saturday week so.

Well, i reckon they've exhausted all the pop psychology now.

Maybe they turn up dressed as Famine victims next day?
    You ain't seen nothing yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

As a Dub I really don't care much for that stuff, doesn't bother me and isn't worth investigating. Teams get up to all sorts of cynical sh*t before during and sometimes after games.

Its really only relevant when the Hypocrisy police start picking on individual players like Connolly and other Dublin "antics" with a double standard toothcomb.

If mayo going down to the hill pre match unsettles this Dublin team then they aren't really as mentally tough or composed as you would expect from the All Ireland Champs

You ain't seen nothing yet:)

I'd say they are ****1ng themselves :)

Missed boat - be over by half time next day. Another excuse to whinge.

I'd say they are ****1ng themselves :)

Missed boat - be over by half time next day. Another excuse to whinge.

But you were completely incorrect about the last day so why would anyone listen to you about the replay? If anything, you appear completely rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

How about that football match?

You would swear it was Dublin and Kerry playing the way this has descended into farce. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

Couldn't give a **** about the head to heads here lads but why are the words 'rattled' and Dublin always in the same sentence? Its never used for anyone else just the Dublin players and now their supporters. Its just weird.

Edit: And i'm not rattled by the word rattled either so don't say it.

• Advertisement

That facebook page has to be one of the most childish things i have seen in a while. The comments are borderline insane :eek:, are they actually supposed to be real Dublin supporters, there almost crying because there was more Mayo supporters there than Dubs.

Its makes the posters here look like members of Mensa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Again, dreamer, that was ten years ago - different team/setup.

1951 rang and asked if you wanted a hand Sunday Week.

blue4ever wrote: »
    Again, dreamer, that was ten years ago - different team/setup.

1951 rang and asked if you wanted a hand Sunday Week.
    It's Saturday week. Make sure you turn up the next day because you won't be getting a 3rd go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

That facebook page has to be one of the most childish things i have seen in a while. The comments are borderline insane :eek:, are they actually supposed to be real Dublin supporters, there almost crying because there was more Mayo supporters there than Dubs.

My favourite comment was this one:
    couldnt believe so many fans fr mayo at game why waz de hill not full of dubs the gaa depends on dubs fans as no other county can bring so many fans 2 games

:pac::pac::D:D:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Some of the Facebook gaa banter pages are peopled by complete morons it seems to me. The mayo gaa banter page is an utter embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Had good fun analyzing the Bastick/AOS/MDMA hokey pokey coming onto the field.

First of all the official at the Mayo side of the tunnel should lose his job. Why he decided it would be good to wave Mayo into the tunnel while Dublin were still running out is a mystery! All he needs to do is hold his hand out for 30 seconds longer and nothing happens.

397424.jpg

Then the shoving! It seems clear that Bastick started the whole pushing game with Aidan O'Shea, shoving him before O'Shea shoved back. Then shoved him again (which they caught on Slow Motion camera and showed briefly before Conor Mortimor did his sideline interview), and O'Shea then took it out on McAuley (which isn't on camera but it was pretty clear from the stands). McAuley is ready to rumble, but somebody (maybe Bastick himself) grabs him and brings him towards the photo, while the two exchange words.

397422.jpg

Still 3 guys shoving with over to 60 players and officials coming down the tunnel at the same time is not a bad ratio at all. Fines would be silly, perhaps a small fine for Dublin for delaying in the first place, but it's an All Ireland Final! 5 minutes over, when you are at your seasons goal shouldn't really be punished IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Had good fun analyzing the Bastick/AOS/MDMA hokey pokey coming onto the field.

First of all the official at the Mayo side of the tunnel should lose his job. Why he decided it would be good to wave Mayo into the tunnel while Dublin were still running out is a mystery! All he needs to do is hold his hand out for 30 seconds longer and nothing happens.

397424.jpg

Then the shoving! It seems clear that Bastick started the whole pushing game with Aidan O'Shea, shoving him before O'Shea shoved back. Then shoved him again (which they caught on Slow Motion camera and showed briefly before Conor Mortimor did his sideline interview), and O'Shea then took it out on McAuley (which isn't on camera but it was pretty clear from the stands). McAuley is ready to rumble, but somebody (maybe Bastick himself) grabs him and brings him towards the photo, while the two exchange words.

397422.jpg

Still 3 guys shoving with over to 60 players and officials coming down the tunnel at the same time is not a bad ratio at all. Fines would be silly, perhaps a small fine for Dublin for delaying in the first place, but it's an All Ireland Final! 5 minutes over, when you are at your seasons goal shouldn't really be punished IMO.

https://twitter.com/Wes09492898/status/777964473353179136

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Some of the Facebook gaa banter pages are peopled by complete morons it seems to me. The mayo gaa banter page is an utter embarrassment

Facebook seems to bring out the internal moran in many people. I agree with you. Some of those pages are cringe inducing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Bastick pushed AOS first which can be seen from the TV footage of both teams entering. Not that there was much in either push from either player. Move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement