Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Just realised that The Bug is on the bill - excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Sorry lads just querying for those of you in the know are there one day tickets sold for B&S? Doesn't look likely going by their website. Would love to see DBFC again but dunno about doing the entire w'end.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

Have to say, not impressed by that line up at all. Were most of the main acts last year announced in the first batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Sorry lads just querying for those of you in the know are there one day tickets sold for B&S? Doesn't look likely going by their website. Would love to see DBFC again but dunno about doing the entire w'end.

I think they only do Sunday tickets which come out much closer to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

busterp wrote: »
    Have to say, not impressed by that line up at all. Were most of the main acts last year announced in the first batch?
    I think they announced a headliner later, and a few bigger acts.

agreed though, I think that is one of the weakest they've ever had, very little interest TBH. certainly not worth €170/€200 at this stage IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I think they announced a headliner later, and a few bigger acts.

agreed though, I think that is one of the weakest they've ever had, very little interest TBH. certainly not worth €170/€200 at this stage IMO.

B&S must make some profit since it doesn't look like they're forking out much for acts. Poor line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BikesKilleen

Bit of a lack luster lineup but hoping for a solid second announcement. Disappointing to hear that the capacity is staying the same although it was originally said it would be reduced. Hopefully they accommodate for it as camping last year was crowded to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Bit of a lack luster lineup but hoping for a solid second announcement. Disappointing to hear that the capacity is staying the same although it was originally said it would be reduced. Hopefully they accommodate for it as camping last year was crowded to say the least!

Where did they day the capacity is staying the same? Very surprised they're rowing back on that commitment!

Where did they day the capacity is staying the same?

In the Facebook Live chat with the guy from the Ticket. Video on The Ticket FB page if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

In the video interview on the ticket Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 BikesKilleen

The Ticket Facebook page.

Although there was some positive takeaways from it with them saying they've learnt their lessons from last years muddy madness and have some better infrastructures in relation to drainage and pathways etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

looks like a decent line up. Was hoping it would be crap as I accidentally double booked a holiday in Portugal. But really sorry I will; be missing this .. especially DBFC who were my act of EP last year.

Last time I saw metronomy they were miles better than I expected.

Am really sad I am missing this now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭milehip

Don't know much of that act there,but the few I do don't do a whole lot for me.

if youre gonna watch the reveal on the ticket make sure you have some decent speakers,I could hardly hear what was being said, they could have sprung for two extra mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Whipping Boy

When you consider the steady rise in price and capacity, the line-up is pretty weak compared to previous years.

Disappointing to see the capacity is not being reduced as promised either.

Will still be a good weekend but hoping for some decent additions to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Songhoy Blues are brilliant live. Didn't they play there in 2015 though? Not too excited by the lineup tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

When you consider the steady rise in price and capacity, the line-up is pretty weak compared to previous years.

Disappointing to see the capacity is not being reduced as promised either.

Will still be a good weekend but hoping for some decent additions to come.

Yep, the Forbidden Fruit lineup for €145 blows it out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

I think they only do Sunday tickets which come out much closer to the festival.

Fingers crossed for DBFC on the Sunday so... Thanks & praises!

For me, the line-up taken on its own is fairly comparable to what I'm used to from BnS.

Not much to get me really excited, but some good names as well as acts that look interesting after a quick Google and will need to be listened to.

The issue for the organisers as I see it is that they have been hiking prices while most other festivals have not to the same extent. Wonder what ticket sales are like...

If there aren't very clear and obvious signs of money being re-invested back into the festival to make it a better experience for those attending then it will look a little like profit-grabbing (perhaps not justifiably, but it will look that way to me...)

That said, none of the other 3 day camping festivals in Ireland are tempting me enough to take my business elsewhere... (I go to BnS and EP each year, with maybe the odd day ticket to other festivals / big Summer gigs)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

For me, the line-up taken on its own is fairly comparable to what I'm used to from BnS.

Not much to get me really excited, but some good names as well as acts that look interesting after a quick Google and will need to be listened to.

The issue for the organisers as I see it is that they have been hiking prices while most other festivals have not to the same extent. Wonder what ticket sales are like...

If there aren't very clear and obvious signs of money being re-invested back into the festival to make it a better experience for those attending then it will look a little like profit-grabbing (perhaps not justifiably, but it will look that way to me...)

That said, none of the other 3 day camping festivals in Ireland are tempting me enough to take my business elsewhere... (I go to BnS and EP each year, with maybe the odd day ticket to other festivals / big Summer gigs)

Yeah I would feel the same. My first Body & Soul was 2014 and despite the tickets getting more expensive and capacity increasing the line ups have not been strengthening. I didn't go last year but I heard the layout was worse than the previous few years (location of main stage & Reckless in Love mainly), plus it didn't seem to cope at all with the bad weather. So you do have to wonder what the money is going on.

I do think the organisers are in a difficult situation though, after watching the live video the other night I got an impression that they are aware the crowd are getting younger at it every year and that this is something they don't particularly want. I think they have to be careful with who they book because if they went out and booked a massive line up it could attract a younger crowd very easily and might lose some of its magic. Festivals are so popular now that if they booked a lot of acts that most people even recognised the name of they would be going to Body & Soul in a heartbeat.

And in fairness to Body & Soul, it is the best showcase for Irish music IMO. Regardless of the big named acts there is always so many great Irish acts and bands at it to discover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone know the procedure for selling Body and Soul tickets? I have a wedding on the same weekend and can't go now so need to offload 2 tickets. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone know the procedure for selling Body and Soul tickets? I have a wedding on the same weekend and can't go now so need to offload 2 tickets. Thanks

Toutless.com I'd say is your best bet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Toutless.com I'd say is your best bet.

Great thanks! I'll pop them up there. Don't you have to put a name on the tickets though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Great thanks! I'll pop them up there. Don't you have to put a name on the tickets though?

Yes,

Amanda...

Amanda Hugginkiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I asked about this when buying my tickets, you can change the name via Ticketbooth's website. Suppose this might be more reassuring for second hand buyers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know where I can find info about the boutique camping options? The ones linked to on the website all refer to 2016.

http://bodyandsoul.ie/accommodation/boutique-camping/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find info about the boutique camping options? The ones linked to on the website all refer to 2016.

http://bodyandsoul.ie/accommodation/boutique-camping/
    What exactly is boutique camping? Is it worth it? Will they provide you with the tent, sleeping bag etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

GiftofGab wrote: »
    What is 

What is boutique camping?

What are you saying, Max Cooper got added, fecking great :):)

Just click the link you quoted, that should tell ya.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DanielSwords

Seen a post on the Body and Soul Facebook about possibly not being able to bring alcohol in and out of the arena from the campsites. Probably entirely untrue, but the poster never got a reply and pointed out that they'd removed the FAQs about alcohol from the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Seen a post on the Body and Soul Facebook about possibly not being able to bring alcohol in and out of the arena from the campsites. Probably entirely untrue, but the poster never got a reply and pointed out that they'd removed the FAQs about alcohol from the website.
    Combination of that rule change and lacklustre lineup would see me skip it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DanielSwords

Combination of that rule change and lacklustre lineup would see me skip it this year.

I've no issue with the lineup, I knew very few playing last year at the time they were announced. Didn't take away from my weekend at all and maybe even added to it, being able to wander around most of the time and discover new music. But if they have done away with the freeflow system with alcohol I'd certainly be considering selling my ticket.

Advertisement