Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I've no issue with the lineup, I knew very few playing last year at the time they were announced. Didn't take away from my weekend at all and maybe even added to it, being able to wander around most of the time and discover new music. But if they have done away with the freeflow system with alcohol I'd certainly be considering selling my ticket.

100% this. Don't even think about it B&S...

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Don't even think about it B&S...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I've no issue with the lineup, I knew very few playing last year at the time they were announced. Didn't take away from my weekend at all and maybe even added to it, being able to wander around most of the time and discover new music. But if they have done away with the freeflow system with alcohol I'd certainly be considering selling my ticket.
    To them, your ticket is already sold though, they don't care if you sell it on.
    If they wanted to be cynical they could hold off on announcing this til late on. They would lose a lot of sales for next year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Does anyone know if I buy tickets now from Ticketmaster online, do they send them straight away? wanna buy them as a present but don't want the email tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DanielSwords

LG1234 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I buy tickets now from Ticketmaster online, do they send them straight away? wanna buy them as a present but don't want the email tickets

Don't think they're selling through Ticketmaster at all this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Don't think they're selling through Ticketmaster at all this year

Actually youre right, now that I think of it I bought my own through their online site. Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Thinking of bringing the missus and 3 kds (8,6 and 4). It would be our first festival. Any opinions as to wether this is a good one for noobs and families?

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Thinking of bringing the missus and 3 kds (8,6 and 4). It would be our first festival. Any opinions as to wether this is a good one for noobs and families?

Summary of my opinion: Great for families, but much better if the parents have some festival experience first. If you haven't been yourself, very hard to know what you'll make of it.

Will be our 6th year in a row going to BnS with kids this year. Our oldest boy is 6 :)

The 2 year old first went at minus four months.

We enjoy it, and don't go to any other similar events as a family - it's basically the only time we do this each year.

The 6 year old would be devastated if we didn't go. We go to EP without the kids, and he is not happy about this (we brought him to it a few years back but have decided to just go ourselves since - for selfish reasons, not because we think he wouldn't enjoy it)

That said, we had been to plenty of festivals before we started bringing the kids so knew what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'd be very interested to see if this sells out with its relatively poor lineup compared to EP and clashing with Glasto

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I doubt clashing with glasto makes much of a difference. It also clashes with Sea Sessions which I think will have a much larger impact on both festivals.

• Advertisement

Seen a post on the Body and Soul Facebook about possibly not being able to bring alcohol in and out of the arena from the campsites. Probably entirely untrue, but the poster never got a reply and pointed out that they'd removed the FAQs about alcohol from the website.

Good news - looks like there's nothing to see here. We can all move along...

Excerpt from the website's FAQ below:

Can I bring my alcohol into the arena?
    Yes, you can. Body&Soul operates a free flow policy, which means you can bring the alcohol you bring to the festival into the arenas. We're sound like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fupopolie

What's the capacity for it this year eh? Was there last year and had a jolly ol' time, rain was a killer tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BikesKilleen

Fupopolie wrote: »
    What's the capacity for it this year eh? Was there last year and had a jolly ol' time, rain was a killer tho.
    15,000. No reduction from last year

Can anyone recall when the second rounds of acts was announced last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

15,000. No reduction from last year

What are the odds of making the site bigger , given they more or less acknowledged its was a bit jammed last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

lbj666 wrote: »
    What are the odds of making the site bigger , given they more or less acknowledged its was a bit jammed last year.

They said they have taken into account it was a little cramped last year and have moved a few things about if I recall correctly. The site has had new drainage channels dug also as a result of the weather last year. Cracking little festival all the same, unfortunately I have had a wedding scheduled on the same weekend and now cannot attend.

Have 2 tickets up for sale if anybody knows of anyone looking for a reduced price

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can anyone recall when the second rounds of acts was announced last year?

30th March last year I think the second announcement was, the likes of the Gloaming and Hudson Mohawke were announced. http://nialler9.com/bodysoul-add-gloaming/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

30th March last year I think the second announcement was, the likes of the Gloaming and Hudson Mohawke were announced. http://nialler9.com/bodysoul-add-gloaming/

Looks like we'll get something tomorrow :)

Tier 2 is now sold out! We are now moving to our third and final tier with limited capacity to join us for our Summer Solstice celebration. Never fear though, we may just have something special winging its way to you tomorrow...Keep your eyes peeled.
    The B&S Team

I'm hoping the Zombies and Max Cooper might be in this next announcement, I also wish the festival would get in touch about the festival volunteering forms online.

What time is the announcement today is it at 6 pm again like last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they just posted that they'd be selling tickets for the Tier 2 price rather than Tier 3 for the next 24hrs. dunno if that was all the announcement is or what...

From Facebook:
    Today is a New Moon - an auspicious date heralding new beginnings. We're creating a window of opportunity for 24 hours with our New Moon Special where tickets will be €175 instead of the usual €195. It's time to nudge your friends and get your festival gang together before the New Moon waxes and we move back to Tier 3. Make haste.

Is this the "something special" they promised for today? So not an announcement at all....

So is there an actual announcement today at all.

Their post on FB about the 24hr ticket price special starts off with "Special Announcement" so it's not looking likely that we'll get a lineup announcement today :(

Hopefully they release some acts on the 30th like last year.

What do you reckon the odds of a Jon Hopkins return could be for this year?

Their post on FB about the 24hr ticket price special starts off with "Special Announcement" so it's not looking likely that we'll get a lineup announcement today :(

Hopefully they release some acts on the 30th like last year.

What do you reckon the odds of a Jon Hopkins return could be for this year?

Wouldn't mind Mr Hopkins at all, I'd be intrigued to see what his DJ set is like or this guy.

Well so much for that announcement eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Working my way through the line-up and acts I've never heard of. Stuck on La Femme, they're feicin great! Can't wait to see them live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Working my way through the line-up and acts I've never heard of. Stuck on La Femme, they're feicin great! Can't wait to see them live :)

hope they play other festivals or a standalone gig. can't get enough of 'it's time to wake up'

such a slow burner

So any new announcements coming for this, was hoping for a few from the Glastonbury line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So any new announcements coming for this, was hoping for a few from the Glastonbury line up.

Hard to say, they've not really had a Nick Cave, PiL sized act in the last few years. Goldfrapp, Warpaint or Little Dragon might fit the bill maybe?

Advertisement