Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

I see Pond are going to be in Europe around June. They'd be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Aphex playing Forbidden Fruit, so pretty definitely not at B&S. Not too bothered by that, seen him live twice now and never liked it at all (and I really like his music).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

MJohnston wrote: »
    Aphex playing Forbidden Fruit, so pretty definitely not at B&S. Not too bothered by that, seen him live twice now and never liked it at all (and I really like his music).

Was it his song choices or was he just not that good live?
    I'm going to go see him at FF but it's a bit disheartening looking at recent setlists as to why he doesn't perform some of his best work live.
    It baffles me as to why so many DJs/producers would rather mix other artists less quality songs.

Was it his song choices or was he just not that good live?
    I'm going to go see him at FF but it's a bit disheartening looking at recent setlists as to why he doesn't perform some of his best work live.
    It baffles me as to why so many DJs/producers would rather mix other artists less quality songs.

It's just not music that works in a festival setting imo. I'm not convinced it works live at all, but definitely not at a festival. In comparison, Squarepusher is ridiculously good live.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

It's for their benefit too, it's a risky bet to try and capture a larger audience every year, because you drive off your core audience, which can jeopardise the whole thing, and you've to spend more money pulling the thing off. Better in many ways to remain intimate and exclusive.

To be honest though, I do think it probably is largely because that's who B&S want to be, rather than some underhand commercial reason.

Actually no. The locals were giving out stink about the increase this year. It was either reduce it or move your festival somewhere else

Sure people have been giving feedback since the first year to stop increasing the numbers.

• Advertisement

Actually no. The locals were giving out stink about the increase this year. It was either reduce it or move your festival somewhere else

Sure people have been giving feedback since the first year to stop increasing the numbers.

Except there wasn't an increase this year, there is a decrease?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Except there wasn't an increase this year, there is a decrease?

Sorry I meant last year. I was talking to some locals after last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is Bulmers one of the sponsors for Body & Soul too, if so, get the Zombies for the line up.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7542140/the-zombies-odessey-oracle-tour-dates-final

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Peesh89

Am I right in saying they made first line up announcement Feb last year?

Yep 24th last year, there was a false one put up on 2nd February but it was quickly taken down when B&S got in touch with Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JackMurphy606

How's a going. I am a student in UCC conducting a social media marketing project on B&S, as well as a festival go-er myself.
    Just looking for some feedback on B&S over the years with regards to:
    1) The main attractions- be it the music/artistic elements to the festival
    2) How could B&S further improve the festival in your opinion?
    3) Why would you choose B&S over other festivals in Ireland

All replies and feedback are greatly welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Signup for eco camping is open:
    http://bodyandsoul.ie/sustainability/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know if campervan tickets are gone? I can't see any reference to them on the ticketbooth site.

Yeah, I think they were gone pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Peesh89

How's a going. I am a student in UCC conducting a social media marketing project on B&S, as well as a festival go-er myself.
    Just looking for some feedback on B&S over the years with regards to:
    1) The main attractions- be it the music/artistic elements to the festival
    2) How could B&S further improve the festival in your opinion?
    3) Why would you choose B&S over other festivals in Ireland

All replies and feedback are greatly welcomed!

Should make a little Survey Monkey thing and share it around..

1) The line up is always great, love the setting of the festival. It's the whole package really.

2)I think they seem to have dealt with some of the complaints I had from last year according to their recent mail outs - scaling back the capacity etc - I've no kids but I know people that do and had a bad time in family camping, again they've said that's going to be seen to this time round. Maybe they could get in touch with someone about turning off the big tap in the sky this year. That'd be fantastic. Much rather the sun, thanks.

3)Like I said it's the whole package, the art, the music, the "VIBEZZZ"... The B&S that I've witnessed is very chilled everyone's happy to be mates and a good time. It's big enough to have fun roaming around finding new things but small enough that it's kept a small festival charm.. I've friends who wont go to the likes of picnic because stress or anxiety for missing an act/losing your mates/losing your tents whereabouts/just too much too take in... I'll stop rambling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Just posted to their Facebook page:

"We're excited to share all of our plotting and scheming for this year's festival tomorrow evening at 6.30pm! We'll be going live over on The Ticket's Facebook page with Director Avril Stanley and Music Booker Jenny Fahy talking art, theatre, food, wellbeing and of course, music! Join us to find out what to expect in the beautiful grounds of Ballinlough this summer."

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Game for those of us spending today wondering who'll be announced @ 6.30

Name 3 acts you think we're likely to get - plus your dream booking (while still ideally within realms of possibility)

I'm going to go make a cup of coffee and come up with my own suggestions...

Likely to get:

Madness
    Jon Hopkins
    DBFC

Dream Booking:

Talking Heads(they're still alive so it's technically possible)

Being over-optimistic on my "likely to gets" but they're all touring/playing Europe at the right time...

Likely to get:
    Flaming Lips
    DJ Koze
    Jagwar Ma

Dream Booking:
    A Tribe Called Quest (too expensive maybe????)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'll skip the dream booking one and just list 4 i think will play :P

Warpaint
    Angel Olsen
    The Flaming Lips
    Bonobo

• Advertisement

Angel Olsen would be great but rare to see an international act play an Irish show close to a festival booking?

(very excited about her show in Dublin in May)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

oh I didn't realise she was playing then, scratch her so!
    she's playing a festival in Poland that weekend, and probably playing Glastonbury too, so probably not coming back here in that case.

Being over-optimistic on my "likely to gets" but they're all touring/playing Europe at the right time...

Likely to get:
    Flaming Lips
    DJ Koze
    Jagwar Ma

Dream Booking:
    A Tribe Called Quest (too expensive maybe????)

I'd imagine A Tribe Called Quest would be possible, they had Nick Cave a few years back when the attendance was a lot lower.

If we're talking Dream Booking who possibly might be announced this evening and not in a Bowie, Prince, Daft Punk way then i'd go with Patti Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Lineup Announcement today at 6.30

Ive said it before and it's a long shot, but we're coming up on the 50th (!) anniversary of Astral Weeks next year, so I would love to see Van Morrison booked for some sort of thing about that. I think it'd fit B&S to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Wishful guesses:
    Ry X
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Little Dragon

Dream:
    Soulwax

15,000 capacity this year, so no reduction in size.

Nothing yet anyways constantly refreshing B&S FB page.

Nothing yet anyways constantly refreshing B&S FB page.

It's on The Ticket page:

https://www.facebook.com/irishtimestheticket/

• Advertisement

16832369_10158221444830514_123838146470382329_n.jpg?oh=dc72c735d398750916e376fbc5447989&oe=594275F3

Advertisement