Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

"What car do you drive"....not one from any of your advertisers...and a better one than Hayes...

Why is that question relevant?? Or even included? Is it so colon haze can try lord it over his listeners?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

As regards other stations that I listen to over weekends, I mentioned oldies pirates - I wonder what they will make of that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

As regards other stations that I listen to over weekends, I mentioned oldies pirates - I wonder what they will make of that! :D

Jesus...you looking to be banned Declan.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Looks like the Foo Fighters Radio Show is coming to Nova on the 27th. Will be airing Saturday’s at 6 p.m. and Sunday’s at 9 p.m. - each of the members host their own show. This should be interesting..

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Looks like the Foo Fighters Radio Show is coming to Nova on the 27th. Will be airing Saturday’s at 6 p.m. and Sunday’s at 9 p.m. - each of the members host their own show. This should be interesting..

The times are certainly interesting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Is that what the "big announcement" was? Thought that Branners had read the survey results and was getting rid of Colon and Loopy.

So, it's just another syndicated radio show like Rick Wakeman, Bruce Springsteen and Alice Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

So i wonder if this is the end of the Saturday Soundtrack or whatever hope there was of its return ?

FanadMan wrote: »
    Is that what the "big announcement" was? Thought that Branners had read the survey results and was getting rid of Colon and Loopy.

So, it's just another syndicated radio show like Rick Wakeman, Bruce Springsteen and Alice Cooper.

Its a big pity that music played between 7 and 7 every day is not in line with what is played or what was played on some those syndicated shows such as Alice Cooper / Steve Downes etc...

Its a big pity that music played between 7 and 7 every day is not in line with what is played or what was played on some those syndicated shows such as Alice Cooper / Steve Downes etc...

....or even 10 years ago...

Alternative Nova questionnaire.........
    Just a bit of Covid boredom fun...
    Feel free to quote and answer questions/opinions in bold...

1. Why the fcuk do you listen to Nova..?
    A.

2. Who is your favorite presenter on Nova..?
    A.

3 How old do you think Marty Miller is..? Choose only one answer..9, 11 or 12.
    A.

4. What is your least favorite show on Nova between 6am and 10am..?
    A.

5. How old is your daughter..?
    A.

6. Does Nova play YOUR sort of music, and why not..?
    A.

7. Who would you like/expect to hear played on Nova going forward..Adele,Ariana Grande,Dermot Kennedy, ?
    A.

8. If Nova played more rock music as per their license agreement would you listen more..?
    A.

9. Which presenters would you ditch immediately..?
    A

10. "..Is Kevin Branigan a bitch.." (read as Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction..)
    A.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Alternative Nova questionnaire.........
    Just a bit of Covid boredom fun...
    Feel free to quote and answer questions/opinions in bold...

1. Why the fcuk do you listen to Nova..?
    A.

2. Who is your favorite presenter on Nova..?
    A.

3 How old do you think Marty Miller is..? Choose only one answer..9, 11 or 12.
    A.

4. What is your least favorite show on Nova between 6am and 10am..?
    A.

5. How old is your daughter..?
    A.

6. Does Nova play YOUR sort of music, and why not..?
    A.

7. Who would you like/expect to hear played on Nova going forward..Adele,Ariana Grande,Dermot Kennedy, ?
    A.

8. If Nova played more rock music as per their license agreement would you listen more..?
    A.

9. Which presenters would you ditch immediately..?
    A

10. "..Is Kevin Branigan a bitch.." (read as Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction..)
    A.

:P

q7 - Dermot Kennedy there already

q7 - Dermot Kennedy there already
    Really.??..sad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

There's a big difference these days between who I'd like to hear and who I'd expect to hear on Nova.

Would it be too much to expect a new proper rock station from the Bauer group..not Kerrang heavy but anything rock...:o

Great news this morning- Nova have finally listened to their audience and have agreed to bring The Friday Night Rock Show back on March 12th ! Happy days peeps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

and they're not going to play any more Ed Sheeran, no more Breakfast Show repeats on a Saturday so if only they'd bring back John Clarke on Sunday mornings.

and they're not going to play any more Ed Sheeran, no more Breakfast Show repeats on a Saturday so if only they'd bring back John Clarke on Sunday mornings.

I’ve no issue with Hayes or the breakfast show personally but I will be honest in admitting it’s pretty over-promoted. And as for Ed Sheeran... knew it was just a piss-take really !

Unfortunately Clarke won’t be returning to the airwaves and I know that for a fact.

Hopefully Peter Devlin will follow suit shortly too... his show was one of the best.

The only ones who did maintain their shows during Covid were Pat James and Kieran McGuinness , so...:)

Great news this morning- Nova have finally listened to their audience and have agreed to bring The Friday Night Rock Show back on March 12th ! Happy days peeps! :D

Fantastic news cant wait best show on the station ! really looking forward to its return !

Unfortunately Clarke won’t be returning to the airwaves and I know that for a fact.

So you are saying Joh Clarke is totally gone from Nova 100 and will not be returning at any stage !

So you are saying Joh Clarke is totally gone from Nova 100 and will not be returning at any stage !

Sadly, I’m afraid so Peter. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Have they listened to their audience and got rid of the breakfast show, or did the poll somehow say everyone loves the breakfast show???

Did u really think Hayes would listen to what ye think....:rolleyes:

Marketing strategy..make them think they made the decision.....
    I heard their promo.....pathetic....
    Should do a poster campaign of Hayes sitting on a dead listener....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Have they listened to their audience and got rid of the breakfast show,

You would be surprised!

Some big announcement coming Monday morning

https://www.facebook.com/367914563666/posts/10158291606643667/

Maybe Branners has seen the light and are booting Colon and Loopy at last

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭prunudo

Well according to the ads they've taken on board what their listeners have said, so here's hoping but I fear its just another attempt at trolling us. They're probably just bringing back the Nova noise or some other whacky promotion/syndicated radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

4fm as well had an add for an announcement, a shedule announcement next monday.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

And Classic Hits as well

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicHitsRadio/photos/a.199338403435622/3753097761392984/?__cft__

Beginning to seem a little ominous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

4FM and Classic Hits are the same station - just a name change!

4FM and Classic Hits are the same station - just a name change!

D'oh! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭prunudo

Maybe a merger coming, Classic Nova Fm or Radio Nova hits.

Advertisement