Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

In that case, with the transfer of Colm Hayes to Classic Hits, Radio Nova will now have only two presenters from the 1980s superpirates: Greg Gaughren and Pat Courtnenay. I do believe that will be its lowest number since its launch.
    Times change, let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Ish66 wrote: »
    Times change, let it go

Just an anorak observation, that's all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The world is going to be ok after all........Tony Ainscough is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Well that certainly was an interesting soundtrack from Greg Gaughran last night. Lots of the well-known numbers (but with knowledge and interaction in between!), and yes, maybe he did Coldplay and Imagine Dragons, but he also played Good Charlotte, a forgotten band whom I've never heard played on the radio ever. And then Chuck Berry at the end. Man, he is something else!!

Greg also confirmed he'll be filling in on the breakfast show for the next couple of weeks. Happy happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Well that certainly was an interesting soundtrack from Greg Gaughran last night. Lots of the well-known numbers (but with knowledge and interaction in between!), and yes, maybe he did Coldplay and Imagine Dragons, but he also played Good Charlotte, a forgotten band whom I've never heard played on the radio ever. And then Chuck Berry at the end. Man, he is something else!!

Greg also confirmed he'll be filling in on the breakfast show for the next couple of weeks. Happy happy days!

Best news I've heard all year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

FanadMan wrote: »
    The world is going to be ok after all........Tony Ainscough is back!

Indeed the world was a much better place last Friday night for 3 hours with the return of the FRNS and then with Greg on Saturday playing some choice tracks ! I really think they are starting to listen to what people want in the evening time !

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

The show on Saturday night was fantastic, he sounded so good this morning on breakfast just goes to show how it could really be with plain old music and a great presenter with no waffle !

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

My sister went out with him years ago before he got married and lost the plot. Good DJ tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

How nice was it to be able to enjoy GG on this morning....put a smile on my face anyways..So for an hour and a half nova had another listener....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So turns out that Nova can be accessed through the Classic Hits app for the phone, only copped on to it this morning, spares me having to download the actual Radio Nova app.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So turns out that Nova can be accessed through the Classic Hits app for the phone, only copped on to it this morning, spares me having to download the actual Radio Nova app.

I never knew that! That's an interesting detail. Thanks for that. I actually have Radio Nova's app already on my phone, but this may be useful for some of those making the switch from Classic Hits to Nova for PJ and Jim.

I never knew that! That's an interesting detail. Thanks for that. I actually have Radio Nova's app already on my phone, but this may be useful for some of those making the switch from Classic Hits to Nova for PJ and Jim.

Total accident that I found it. But for those who'll want to access it via the CH app, just start the app, tap the 3 bars to the left once you start the app, should see home, schedule, change station, settings.

Tap the change station, and it allows you to choose between Classic Hits, Radio Nova, Sunshine 106.8, and Classic Hits Bits.

With the arrival of Jim McCabe in April, he will be adding to the number of presenters on Nova that have gone through Dublin's 98FM at some or point or other in their careers. Besides Jim, they include Marty Miller, Dee Woods, Pat Courtenay, Greg Gaughren and Ruth Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Irish Radio Player or Radio.net apps are handiest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Irish Radio Player or Radio.net apps are handiest

I use Radio.net as you can also get Planet Rock on it. Plus it has an alarm function.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I think instead of 80s music every week on a Friday night, they should do a show called "Through the Decades" where they cover a different decade each week. One week it would be 60s, the next it would be 70s, the next it would be 80s, the next 90s and so on. Maybe from the 60s all the way up to the 10s, on a six-week cycle, after 10s week it would be 60s week again. Absolute Radio has a similar show presented by Jay Lawrence

Dermot Kennedy...classic rock...???....never...:rolleyes:

Enjoy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7W715qaQdec

Good to hear the new breakfast show will at least be called “morning glory”... sounding better already!

Now please tell me when Peter Devlin is returning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Good to hear the new breakfast show will at least be called “morning glory”... sounding better already!

Now please tell me when Peter Devlin is returning...

wasn't that the name of marty miller and joan lea's Nova breakfast show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Now please tell me when Peter Devlin is returning
    I don't think he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭prunudo

First time in a long time that I've left Nova on while driving around this week. No referencing that stupid breakfast show every ad break and never have to hear every News presnter signing off with 'Radio Nova, home to Colm and Lucy breakfast show'.
    Music seems slightly better in the sense I don't seem to be reaching for the dial anymore. Hopefully a sign of continuing better things for Nova in general.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I don't listen to Radio Nova much anymore, mostly because I'm not driving in the mornings so had missed this news. Lucy and Colm are gone?! :D Just googled it and see classic hits listeners tweeting that same things we all did when they were starting on nova :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

You know maybe just maybe the whole fedback campaign was taken seriously. MOst on here were saying how bad the Breakfast Show was - agree with that - and low and behold its gone.

I don't think he is.

Guess there wasn't not enough feedback for it. Aw..... :(

At least he still has several Spotify playlists. :rolleyes:

Any chance of moving Millerpedia to a later slot so i could listen until Courtenay....:P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I switched from Classic Hits to Nova this morning (getting used to it for PJ & Jim switchover), and the music is so much better. I hope PJ & Jim keep it like this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

cee_jay wrote: »
    I switched from Classic Hits to Nova this morning (getting used to it for PJ & Jim switchover), and the music is so much better. I hope PJ & Jim keep it like this.

Is there much difference music wise between nova and CH, I mean I know Nova is supposed to be 'rock' but based on comments here it doesn't sound like it is a real rock station.

I'm assuming Novas play list won't change with PJ and Jim, they'll just be amongst it?

t
    Is there much difference music wise between nova and CH, I mean I know Nova is supposed to be 'rock' but based on comments here it doesn't sound like it is a real rock station.

I'm assuming Novas play list won't change with PJ and Jim, they'll just be amongst it?

The playlist doesn't change..they just swap the tunes around for a bit of "variety"...real rock on nova includes Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Dermot Kennedy etc...they talk the talk but don't walk the walk....at least with CH you know what to expect..

t

The playlist doesn't change..they just swap the tunes around for a bit of "variety"...real rock on nova includes Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Dermot Kennedy etc...they talk the talk but don't walk the walk....at least with CH you know what to expect..

Uh what? In what world would those acts be considered rock?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

apologies if this question may have been asked before, but why does a radio station like nova not get an all ireland licence? surely the extra listenership that would allow, give them a bit more clout and not have to play it safe so much?

Advertisement