Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Can anyone list the timeline of breakfast shows on Nova since the station started in 2010?

Earliest I can remember right now, is Joan Lea and Marty Miller around 2013...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Can anyone list the timeline of breakfast shows on Nova since the station started in 2010?

Earliest I can remember right now, is Joan Lea and Marty Miller around 2013...

The original breakfast show presenter on Nova was Pat Courtenay. I would say if you do a search of this or other threads about Radio Nova you should find out more about the timeline.

Joan Lea was replaced by Dee Woods, who was replaced in turn by Conor Irwin.

adox wrote: »
    Colm and Lucy's last week! Thank God!!!!

best news I've heard in about a year.
    Shes a pox

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JW7

Things are definitely changing, haven't heard that clown who does the "we are worried about bob" jingles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Are ye sure it's not another Hilarious Hayes stunt....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are ye sure it's not another Hilarious Hayes stunt....

I'm sure Hayes demanded the switch as Classic have a larger audience reach, on FM anyway.

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm sure Hayes demanded the switch as Classic have a larger audience reach, on FM anyway.

True..well he IS the real boss....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Wheety wrote: »

I'd say that he left because of the survey. By all accounts, him and Loopy got heavily hit.

Think as well as a presenter, he was programming director (or something). Wonder who'll be taking that over?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Think as well as a presenter, he was programming director (or something). Wonder who'll be taking that over?[/QUOTE]

Look at the end of the day it's a switch . New PD / Consultant must be reviewing the listenership / demographics for the change.
    One would think they are trying to increase the Nova listeners on breakfast.
    I have to say I Listen to Classic hits as the guys are easy on the ear and come across as genuine . Best wishes to them both as they start on their journey .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

FanadMan wrote: »
    I'd say that he left because of the survey. By all accounts, him and Loopy got heavily hit.

Think as well as a presenter, he was programming director (or something). Wonder who'll be taking that over?

Do you have some inside info on the survey results?

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Do you have some inside info on the survey results?

No direct info, just what a lot of people online have said. They almost all slated the breakfast show and Hayes in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

No direct info, just what a lot of people online have said. They almost all slated the breakfast show and Hayes in particular.

Why put that on a national station though, just leaves him open to a lot more complaints, particularly as the current breakfast show on classic hits works.

Sounds like Hayes' ego taking over to me

Kamili wrote: »
    Why put that on a national station though, just leaves him open to a lot more complaints, particularly as the current breakfast show on classic hits works.

Sounds like Hayes' ego taking over to me

Lol.....yeah, he probably thought that everyone loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

cee_jay wrote: »
    Same I listened every morning to Marty and Dee, and couldn't deal with Colm and Lucy at that time of the morning when they switched. I really enjoy PJ and Jim so will be switching back to Nova now.

Similar situation here. Nova is on at work after 10 but before that ut is PJ and Jim. Do like the làds at breakfast and it doesnt seem too forced. So suppose it will be Nova all say now. Like Marty and Dee if they just cut the excessive baby talk. I think they (both) might have mentioned one of the juniors went back to childcare tisay ooohh just a few times😓

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I heard Adele and George ezra on over the last week or so, and some other rubbish.
    Is this a new strategy? Is that part of the shake up?
    If so, my car radio will need to be removed 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Doctor C

Anyone else fed up with the repetition of the phrase “ seriously addictive radio”?

Bojill wrote: »
    I heard Adele and George ezra on over the last week or so, and some other rubbish.
    Is this a new strategy? Is that part of the shake up?
    If so, my car radio will need to be removed ��

George Ezra has always been played on Nova and regularly 2/3 years ago, never heard Adele though

George Ezra has always been played on Nova and regularly 2/3 years ago, never heard Adele though

Hopefully after Friday, neither of them will ever be played again on Nova.

Hopefully after Friday, neither of them will ever be played again on Nova.

The only way I want to hear an Adele song on Nova is if it's a cover. Like Black Stone Cherry's version of Rolling in the deep.

The only way I want to hear an Adele song on Nova is if it's a cover. Like Black Stone Cherry's version of Rolling in the deep.

Or the Cure's Lovesong......:p

• Advertisement

Adele didn't write Lovesong !!:D She did cover it though..would you like to hear it on Nova !!?:rolleyes:

The Cure. Hell no!!! I'd rather George Ezra.

But today is a great day. The last time C&L are on Nova :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

The Cure. Hell no!!! I'd rather George Ezra.

But today is a great day. The last time C&L are on Nova :D:D:D

It sure is and The Friday Night Rock Show is back tonight !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

It sure is and The Friday Night Rock Show is back tonight !!!!

Really?! Great!! I had not listened to Nova in so long, that I had no idea it would be coming back.
    Now if they only get John Clarke and Pat James back on FM!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

RINO87 wrote: »
    Really?! Great!! I had not listened to Nova in so long, that I had no idea it would be coming back.

That would be fantastic if they brought back them two shows

I haven't listened to Nova since that breakfast show started and I see that John Clarke has a Sunday morning show on Nova according to their website! Is this true or is the website outdated?

https://www.nova.ie/programme-schedule/

RINO87 wrote: »

Pat James prefers being on the digital channel - no ad breaks, no news breaks and nobody to interfere with the playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

Pat James prefers being on the digital channel - no ad breaks, no news breaks and nobody to interfere with the playlist.

Good point actually, had not thought of that!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I haven't listened to Nova sine that breakfast show started and I see that John Clarke has a Sunday morning show on Nova according to their website! Is this true or is the website outdated?

https://www.nova.ie/programme-schedule/

outdated unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

outdated unfortunately

In that case, with the transfer of Colm Hayes to Classic Hits, Radio Nova will now have only two presenters from the 1980s superpirates: Greg Gaughren and Pat Courtnenay. I do believe that will be its lowest number since its launch.

Advertisement