Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭RINO87

I know, was only having a laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I guess my actual contention is the creep attacking the girl who knows sfa about tottenham 'hotsboro' or whatever she may have referred to them as, because she's thrown in there, so as to get some work and is given some work by nova who care not a whit about news or sport etc.[/QUOTE]

Actually the creep is the one calling the newsreader a 'girl' , and we know she's 'thrown in there', how?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

I guess my actual contention is the creep attacking the girl who knows sfa about tottenham 'hotsboro' or whatever she may have referred to them as, because she's thrown in there, so as to get some work and is given some work by nova who care not a whit about news or sport etc.

Actually the creep is the one calling the newsreader a 'girl' , and we know she's 'thrown in there', how?[/QUOTE]

Bore off you woke freak.

Anyone got a stream address for Radio Nova that i can add to the Reciva radio database?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Anyone got a stream address for Radio Nova that i can add to the Reciva radio database?
    https://www.liveradio.ie/stations/radio-nova

2 URL's there to try. The audioxi.com URL works for me, top one didn't.

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    https://www.liveradio.ie/stations/radio-nova

2 URL's there to try. The audioxi.com URL works for me, top one didn't.

Thanks, the audioxi one won’t play on my old Logik IR100, just keeps buffering! It’s fine on my Roberts 93i though.

Nova Classic Rock not connecting this evening.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://stream.audioxi.com:8000/NOVAAAC?ref=RF is an aacPlus stream I found on RadioFeeds, but I don't think the IR100 supports that format either?

Can't find anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pat James

Hi, We had some tech. issues with the Classic Rock Stream last night but last nights edition of "OFF THE RECORD" has been added to the OTR Mix Cloud archive The Stream ,Tune In and Inter Net Radio will be all back to normal for next Saturday.
    Heres the link to Mix Cloud.

https://www.mixcloud.com/OTRPatJames/off-the-record-543-3012021/

Cheers,
    Pat

Has the web stream url changed for the classic rock station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Ok, something’s a little iffy here... for the past week (or so) Nova have been including songs from Ed Sheeran and Lorde and whatnot which they have never included before... Pat just said “Radio Nova Drive with Pat Courtenay and Ed “The Red” Sheeran with Thinking Out Loud and Bryan Adams was on before that...”

Like, ok. I get some of these artists can fall into the “rock” or “real artists” category, and as nice a guy Ed Sheeran is, this is so low even by Nova’s standards. I really can’t wait to give them some much needed feedback. Let’s just hope I can restrain myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:D
    AlgerShane wrote: »
    Ok, something’s a little iffy here... for the past week (or so) Nova have been including songs from Ed Sheeran and Lorde and whatnot which they have never included before... Pat just said “Radio Nova Drive with Pat Courtenay and Ed “The Red” Sheeran with Thinking Out Loud and Bryan Adams was on before that...

Like, ok. I get some of these artists can fall into the “rock” or “real artists” category, and as nice a guy Ed Sheeran is, this is so low even by Nova’s standards. I really can’t wait to give them some much needed feedback. Let’s just hope I can restrain myself...

:D:D:D......feedback.!!!...like they'll take notice...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Ok, something’s a little iffy here... for the past week (or so) Nova have been including songs from Ed Sheeran and Lorde and whatnot which they have never included before... Pat just said “Radio Nova Drive with Pat Courtenay and Ed “The Red” Sheeran with Thinking Out Loud and Bryan Adams was on before that...”

That is a first for NOVA. I always wondered when they would eventually give in and play Sheeran.

The inevitable has happened. May change happen soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

My personal feedback would be: get rid of Ed Sheeran, Jake Bug, George Ezra, Colm and Lucy, Ruth Scott, put Morty on breakfast (since I don't listen then), Greg Gaughran back on daytime, keep Courteney on Drive, Dee in the evenings and bring back John Clarke Sunday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

My personal feedback would be: get rid of Ed Sheeran, Jake Bug, George Ezra, Colm and Lucy, Ruth Scott, put Morty on breakfast (since I don't listen then), Greg Gaughran back on daytime, keep Courteney on Drive, Dee in the evenings and bring back John Clarke Sunday mornings.

Don't forget Tony on Fri night! It's not the same without the FNRS :(

Expect MORE Ed, George, and all those sad bands that you hear on every other Irish station...
    Thank dog for 6music,Zenith, Simon Maher and 8radio .....

I agree but Jake Bugg is good...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JW7

Survey available this morning, time to tell them what you think. A good few questions specifically about the breakfast show and do you listen before or after 10am, so they know its not popular. I've let them know my feelings about it, and before the anyone tells me "they will ignore",
    if they do then they do but I'm happy I got a chance to vent my feelings

Its just a marketing ploy...theyll pick out the good replies, and get listeners (some people in the office) to voice new promos for how good they are....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Its just a marketing ploy...theyll pick out the good replies, and get listeners (some people in the office) to voice new promos for how good they are....

I have to agree, they just want sound bites they can get someone to record and pretend they are the best station going. Specifically more good to promote that car crash of a breakfast "show"

JW7 wrote: »
    Survey available this morning, time to tell them what you think. A good few questions specifically about the breakfast show and do you listen before or after 10am, so they know its not popular. I've let them know my feelings about it, and before the anyone tells me "they will ignore",
    if they do then they do but I'm happy I got a chance to vent my feelings

Same here - Colon and Loopy did not fare well on my review :D

Here's a link to the survey in case anyone wants to let them know just how you feel

https://www.facebook.com/radionova100/posts/10158237608783667

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I agree but Jake Bugg is good...

I like Jake as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Job Gnocchi

Thanks for the link. Just had a rant about the risks of exposure to Lucy Kennedy's voice early in the morning....felt good to vent!

Thanks for the link. Just had a rant about the risks of exposure to Lucy Kennedy's voice early in the morning....felt good to vent!

Lol......I did comment once or twice about her as well :D

Can be guaranteed that all the surveys will be ignored. It's probably just a scam to get email addresses and say that they are fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I'm missing their weekend DJs quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I did their survey. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

By the way, under presenters of other stations, it included Colm Hayes (!) and Gareth O'Callaghan, who is retired a while now!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Endfloat

The best thing they could do is get a mix of presenters from 8radio, Phantom and TXFM who actually give a toss about music and launch that colossal f**ktrumpet Colm Hayes. Joe Donnelly or Cathal Funge would get my vote to present a proper music-based breakfast show.

Or better yet, just give 8radio a licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I think it's safe to say I won't be on their christmas card list after my reply.

They don't like any negative comments so don't be surprised at how much everyone loves the breakfast show, and wouldn't change a thing about Nova...

• Advertisement

I did their survey. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

By the way, under presenters of other stations, it included Colm Hayes (!) and Gareth O'Callaghan, who is retired a while now!

That'll be a deliberate mistake to confuse their illiterate listeners (.i.e most of them) to tick "Colm Hayes" as their favorite presenter...:rolleyes:

Did the survey but gave a false email address...:D...no nova sh1te for me...

"What car do you drive"....not one from any of your advertisers...and a better one than Hayes...

Advertisement