Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

FanadMan wrote: »
    Tony is "supposed" to be back sometime this month, but sadly can't see that happening the way things are going.

Yeah so he said. Likelihood is it won’t be until after the pandemic is over and gigs return................. or never. Our dear friend Hayes may have took COVID as the opportunity to make the station another little bit different, for better or worse. Still Nova though, like it always was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

On a side note..6music daytime are playing a lot of Irish bands, Pillow queens and New dad to just name just two....are nova playing these....or are they even aware of them.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Nova has gotten woeful. Tuned out.

On a side note..6music daytime are playing a lot of Irish bands, Pillow queens and New dad to just name just two....are nova playing these....or are they even aware of them.....?

Kieran McGuinness plays plenty of the Pillow Queens, and many great Irish artists, Max. He's taken over from Gavin Glass as "Irish support " for the station .

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Kieran McGuinness plays plenty of the Pillow Queens, and many great Irish artists, Max. He's taken over from Gavin Glass as "Irish support " for the station .

Yeah...but i'm talking daytime....those shows always play better tracks and a lot of new irish bands...its clear Colon Haze (sounds like a condition :p) has no interest in the new irish stuff unless they become popular, then he's all about "this great irish band we discovered..."......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So, a whole weekend of Bruce Springsteen tracks celebrating his new album, and now Greg Gaughran plays two Randy Newman tracks “just because we can”. And to think some people still diss Nova. ‘Tis a pity.

If Trump gets elected wonder if Springsprong will get a job in nova....seeing as he said he'd move here...probably the drink talking...:P

If Trump gets elected wonder if Springsprong will get a job in nova....seeing as he said he'd move here...probably the drink talking...:P

He'd definitely be a decent programme director anyway with his knowledge!

He'd definitely be a decent programme director anyway with his knowledge!

Knowledge is a virtue..............;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Former TD Shane Ross on that awful morning show now.

I don't even...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

299 pages dedicated to whining. If you don’t like the station then why listen, they aren’t going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    299 pages dedicated to whining. If you don’t like the station then why listen, they aren’t going anywhere.

it's a discussion forum.

perhapse if you don't like what is being discussed then you could think about avoiding the points of discussion you have no interest in rather then complaining that people are discussing something on a discussion forum which is designed for discussion of topics.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Because it could be so much better, and people, rightly feel that Hayes and the breakfast show have destroyed what could have been a good alternative to everything else on the dial. Was it perfect, no but the last 3 years have seen a steady downhill slide in the direction of the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Former TD Shane Ross on that awful morning show now.

I don't even...

Shane Ross is on a lot of TV and Radio stations these past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Shane Ross is on a lot of TV and Radio stations these past few weeks

There are at least two reasons for that.

1. Shane Ross has a book out which would be just in time for the Christmas market.

2. Shane always expressed certain views about the judiciary. Given recent news coverage relating to the appointment of former Attorney General Seamus Woulfe to the Supreme Court and the fallout from "Golfgate", he is only too happy to re-air his views on judiciary appointments and related matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Shane Ross and colm Hayes a match made in heaven 🀔

I'd be more concerned about them playing Bananarama on yesterday's show🀀🀀🀀

Shane Ross and colm Hayes a match made in heaven ��

I'd be more concerned about them playing Bananarama on yesterday's show������

Why..........:confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I have noticed in recent weeks that Ruth Scott has gotten her weekend show back.

Nice to hear a live Neil Young special tonight to mark his just-gone 75th birthday. Not too mention Guns and Roses all this weekend too...... assuming it hopefully goes ahead next summer vaccine-dependant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

https://www.facebook.com/TheRockFM/videos/411504786698084/

This is the radio station I grew up with. I wish Nova was like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/TheRockFM/videos/411504786698084/

This is the radio station I grew up with. I wish Nova was like this.

Fat chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Morty on the telly on Claire Byrne Live, no social distancing in his local at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Morty on the telly on Claire Byrne Live, no social distancing in his local at the weekend!

Fair play to rte and that lad. Continuing to spread the fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Fair play to rte and that lad. Continuing to spread the fear.

facts are not fear.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Hats off to Greg Gaughran. 10 minutes of CCR “I Heard it Through the Grapevine” on his Soundtrack tonight............ hopefully he can bring great things to the station if there’s any worthy changes post-pandemic!

Was listening to PJ on digital..played 2 from The Clash...Jenny Jones and White man.....nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Was listening to PJ on digital..played 2 from The Clash...Jenny Jones and White man.....nice...

I just have not been able to listen to Pat James on Saturdays - one of these Saturdays, I promise! It's been a while.

Hats off to Greg Gaughran. 10 minutes of CCR “I Heard it Through the Grapevine” on his Soundtrack tonight............ hopefully he can bring great things to the station if there’s any worthy changes post-pandemic!

What did i miss, have there been rumours of changes coming or is it a case of hoping rather than actually happening.

Forget Covid and Brexit, the real disaster of our times is that Planetrock is no longer on Sky's Irish epg, this calls for civil unrest and a public inquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

prunudo wrote: »
    Forget Covid and Brexit, the real disaster of our times is that Planetrock is no longer on Sky's Irish epg, this calls for civil unrest and a public inquiry.

Can add it on Other Channels though

Tuning details for Planet Rock are -

H
    5/6

Advertisement