Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rioting -ERU deployed(mod warning in op)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Samaris wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how young is too young for some of the suggestions being made in this thread? The "killing them all" ones? Oberstown does or did take children as young as ten and yeah, I do have to say god knows what sort of life they've had when they're committing criminal acts by the age of ten.

The only reason someone of the age of 10 would be there is if they committed a murder or sex crime. Is there actually anybody under the age of 13 there? I don't think there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

all of that is all ready done. if people did research rather then believing the rags then they would actually know the reality. not the reality that the rags want you to believe.

Sounds like you have ;)

Are you seriously suggesting that restraint chairs, bean bag rounds etc are available to use in juvenile detention facilities in Ireland? If you've done the research link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The only reason someone of the age of 10 would be there is if they committed a murder or sex crime. Is there actually anybody under the age of 13 there? I don't think there is.

I don't know, but their site does say that they take kids between the ages of 10-18. Given the ages mentioned, they wouldn't likely advertise that they have children that young for confidentiality reasons.

I also don't know what the severity of the crime has to be to be sent to Oberstown. Understandably, they also don't advertise that for public prurient interest.The odd case I've read about (a suicide there a few years back) have talked about some pretty terrible crimes, but given Ireland doesn't have many of these reformatory school/prisons, it is possible it is a bit of a mix. But it's very hard to say without actual involvement in the place, so I'm going to stick with that I don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

i'm sure some won't but if the prison is staffed properly then they will be able to deal with the offender.

incorrect, it's ran by pc doesn't exist non lovies who have to operate within the rules and regulations.

it hasn't gotten one bit soft. your suggestion has all ready been implemented

all of that is all ready done. if people did research rather then believing the rags then they would actually know the reality. not the reality that the rags want you to believe.

your wrong
    wrong
    wrong
    and very wrong

as usual no links or proof

but its ok coz pc doesnt exist right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

jesus, i knew he had a tough enough upbringing but rape? suicide attempt? jesus. thats fukcing bleak.
    Aye, he had an horrendous life. Great writer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

pc doesn't exist. again i keep having to repeat this but i'm happy to do so until people wake up. the prisons are ran the same today as they have been for years bar the adding of the complaint form system, which is better then prisoners rioting if they have an issue.

Out of interest can you tell me how long you've been involved in the Prison system and in what capacity ?

My experience seems to be totally at odds with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Out of interest can you tell me how long you've been involved in the Prison system and in what capacity ?

Ever spoken to a wall?
    You're wasting your time there, seriously.
    For your own sanity, run away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Ever spoken to a wall?
    You're wasting your time there, seriously.
    For your own sanity, run away!

+ 1

from experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Forget it. Whatever experience you have with, within or of the prison service will not have prepared you for trying to get an answer.

The fact he's folded his tent and not returned to this thread should be a good indicator of the type you are dealing with.

Advertisement