Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rioting -ERU deployed(mod warning in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

DrumSteve wrote: »
    A firing squad? Jesus ****ing Christ.

Your right, far too good for the scum. Hung, drawn and quartered a more appropriate sentence.
    Our problem in this country is we are far too lenient on scum. At this stage a hard-line needs to be taken on youth offenders and we might have some chance of winning our country back.
    Old people should not have to live in fear after working all their lives and paying taxes
    so that these scum should be housed in luxury for committing crimes against them.
    We really need to rid Ireland of the lily libera,l left wing bias that has unfortunately become the norm here and start making criminals regret their lifestyle choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Could an "accident" with the fire hose not take care of the lads on the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

mynamejeff wrote: »
    The scum of the earth are in that place , they are just younger than most .

their crimes are horrible and they should be treated accordingl
    y .

pepper spray batons and guns if necessary

People convicted of horrific crimes who just happen to be under 18 are housed with vulnerable teenagers who should be in a facility like Oberstown and presided over by Social Workers and care workers. Staff have been highlighting this for years.
    The Government and Judiciary have to accept that there is a need for a high security facility for under 18s. Closing down St Pat's was ridiculous.

But wait for the reaction tomorrow - it will be all the fault of the Staff and the unions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Fair enough, shooting them is a bit extreme.

Hanging would probably be cheaper because we can reuse the rope and would achieve the same net benefit for society.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What annoys me in this situation is when I hear about people blaming the staff walkout.

These people are social care workers, not prison guards. I'd have put my hands up and went "you know what? F*ck this" a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

wow sierra wrote: »
    People convicted of horrific crimes who just happen to be under 18 are housed with vulnerable teenagers who should be in a facility like Oberstown and presided over by Social Workers and care workers. Staff have been highlighting this for years.
    The Government and Judiciary have to accept that there is a need for a high security facility for under 18s. Closing down St Pat's was ridiculous.

But wait for the reaction tomorrow - it will be all the fault of the Staff and the unions.

Oberstown is a small facility or rather has a small capacity. Those in Oberstown are bad bad people and are removed from the public for repeated crimes .

your vulnerable people are mostly in carehomes run by companies like positive care ireland etc .

I agree with you a large secure facility for under 18s is required and necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Suggestions of. Gunship earlier .

Way cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Sending the ERU in is retarded. What are they going to do, start shooting people? If it's a riot, then send in riot police to baton the bollix out of them.

ERU will use tear gas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Gatling wrote: »
    Should have sent the public order units and army riot squad in and brought the little animals under control

There is a large mix of different type of kids in oberstown right now, some are kids from residential care who are put there for a list of reasons mainly because no other residential unit is suitable, (not due to criminality in a lot of cases) and then their is the hardened criminal types who are a fairly newish arrival to oberstown... There is also a lot more of the petty criminal types....

Be careful who you are referring to as "little animals" in your comfortable middle class existence you don't know the full circumstances at hand here...

Don't even try talking sense into the likes of that, those people never see the error in their ways... They want to see disadvantaged people beating for their own amusement says it all really.... The same way poor people used to be publicly hanged in england for stealing loafs of bread and rich peoples hats the likes of that individual would love to live in those times... The only downfall would be he couldn't pent hes inherent social economic snobbery over an internet forum which accepts and encourages it to the fullest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

tomofson wrote: »

Be careful who you are referring to as "little animals" in your comfortable middle class existance you do not know the full circumstances at hand here...

I'm certainly not in any middle class anything,

But I'm a firm believer that making excuses and mollycoddling longer works nor has it ever worked ,

So yeah time for the fereal to be reined in and actually punished properly .

There is a large mix of different type of kids in oberstown right now, some are kids from residential care who are put there for a list of reasons mainly because no other residential unit is suitable, (not due to criminality in a lot of cases) and then their is the hardened criminal types who are a fairly newish arrival to oberstown... There is also a lot more of the petty criminal types....

Be careful who you are referring to as "little animals" in your comfortable middle class existance you do not know the full circumstances at hand here...

Im not middle class do i get a opinion ?

The people in oberstown right now didnt make one mistake and end up there , they made a serious of choices that screamed "i dont care about any one but me "

Fcuk em , they need to be removed from the world to protect the rest of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Oberstown is a small facility or rather has a small capacity. Those in Oberstown are bad bad people and are removed from the public for repeated crimes .

your vulnerable people are mostly in carehomes run by companies like positive care ireland etc .

I agree with you a large secure facility for under 18s is required and necessary.

How much are those care homes costing the state? that single company has 11 homes which cater for a maximum of 44 inmates Clients with a staff of approximately 150. they are not exactly value for money compared to a proper detention centre. There has also been several reports recently of these animals from these care homes being in court charged with injuring staff by throwing boiling water at them and kicking etc.

Other countries use boot camps and non-lethal beanbag rounds to control these sort of animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Don't even try talking sense into the likes of that, those people never see the error in their ways... They want to see disadvantaged people beating for their own amusement says it all really.... The same way poor people used to be publicly hanged in england for stealing loafs of bread and rich peoples hats the likes of that individual would love to live in those times... The only downfall would be he couldn't pent hes inherent social economic snobbery over an internet forum which accepts and encourages it to the fullest...

Mighty fine trolling, Kudos

Chijj wrote: »
    Mighty fine trolling, Kudos

Not trolling given my honest opinion here big man.

It seems like everybody else is so caught up in the hyperbole that an honest opinion is seen as some form of sarcasm/satire...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Be careful who you are referring to as "little animals" in your comfortable middle class existence you don't know the full circumstances at hand here...

That's what I thought was the situation alright. See a report below on what Staff have been dealing with - this is from a year ago.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/oberstown-youth-detention-centre-staff-frightened-they-may-be-killed-at-work-31429080.html

you seem like you know what your talking about tom :pac::pac::pac: not

you seem like you know what your talking about tom :pac::pac::pac: not

Intelligent original and witty, you get two thumbs up for that one...

Intelligent original and witty, you get two thumbs up for that one...

your opinion matters to me and i wish to hear more , please send more tom ....

do you have social care degree ? legal degree ? politics degree ? or is it a arts degree from the school of hard knocks and the university of life ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Faugheen wrote: »
    What annoys me in this situation is when I hear about people blaming the staff walkout.

These people are social care workers, not prison guards. I'd have put my hands up and went "you know what? F*ck this" a long time ago.
    Faugheen wrote: »
    These people are social care workers,....

Should have made sure they had breakfast then before they went prancing off on a picket

“Management have been informed that staff have been instructed by [their unions] not to open bedroom doors for the duration of the work stoppage,” this morning’s management statement said.

"As a consequence staff cannot give young people their breakfast and management are putting measures in place to ensure young people receive food and water."

http://www.thejournal.ie/oberstown-sick-days-breakfast-locked-2797247-May2016/

• Advertisement

your opinion matters to me and i wish to hear more , please send more tom ....

do you have social care degree ? legal degree ? politics degree ? or is it a arts degree from the school of hard knocks and the university of life ?

I have a degree in life with no academic qualities if you consider that valid?

I have been on the other-side of this coin where so many commenting on here would only venture in their wildest fantasies, I grew up in the care system I know all about the young people in the care homes and the hardship they just so happened to be born into (myself included)... The vast majority are not bad people even those who act out are not bad people I know none of you on here will understand that and I am completely wasting my time but maybe subconsciously some of you may have an understanding of sorts... I understand those who do have that limited understanding would never express them publicly like I do because they are to caught up in how a bunch of anonymous trolls over an internet forum may feel about them... Well I couldn't care less I give my own honest opinion and don't care who likes it or lumps it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Oops69 wrote: »
    staff should be sacked here, irresponsible desertion of their duties

Yes its all the staffs fault.

Nothing to do with the pr1ck director who threatens staff with disciplinary action if they call the gards when there is an emergency.

Nothing to do with the director who doesn't care about the staffs safety and turns the gards away at the gate.

That's what I thought was the situation alright. See a report below on what Staff have been dealing with - this is from a year ago.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/oberstown-youth-detention-centre-staff-frightened-they-may-be-killed-at-work-31429080.html

Strange how people on here label Jim Cusack a liar and an exaggerator at the best of times under usual circumstance, yet when hes running down and slandering the disadvantaged he is the most reliable source you can come up with...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Paulzx wrote: »
    Yeah. They should never have objected to being constantly assaulted by scumbag criminals and having the people who run the show ignoring it.

Just keep going to work and having the head smacked off you by teenage scummers.

for a sweet 22,600 odd euro a year, making that bank before tax

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Maybe some of the older inmates didn't want to see a repeat of what happened in St Patricks Institution by some of the nonces working in that place :

Judge Michael Reilly found excessive and unrecorded use of force by staff against prisoners, forced stripping of clothes from the children

http://www.thejournal.ie/st-patricks-institution-report-inspector-of-prisons-638065-Oct2012/

I have a degree in life with no academic qualities if you consider that valid?

I have been on the other-side of this coin where so many commenting on here would only venture in their wildest fantasies, I grew up in the care system I know all about the young people in the care homes and the hardship they just so happened to be born into (myself included)... The vast majority are not bad people even those who act out are not bad people I know none of use on here will understand that and I am completely wasting my time but maybe subconsciously some of you may have a an understanding of sorts... I understand those who do have that limited understanding would never express them publicly like I do because they are to caught up in how a bunch of anonymous trolls over an internet forum may feel about them... Well I couldn't care less I give my own honest opinion and don't care who likes it or lumps it...

Funny enough your not the only person in the world who knows about care homes , I ve see the inside of quite a few too . no one was born into a care home btw not in ireland not in the last 30 years.
    There is a tiny minority of people in care homes that arent involved in criminality , by the time they get to oberstown a secure unit they will have multiple criminal convictions .
    dress them us as disadvantaged young boys all you like but the truth is that those in oberstown are convicts in short pants . they are rapists armed robbers killers and thieves .

if the cops knock the siht out of each and every one of them then good on the cops

Funny enough your not the only person in the world who knows about care homes , I ve see the inside of quite a few too . no one was born into a care home btw not in ireland not in the last 30 years.
    There is a tiny minority of people in care homes that arent involved in criminality , by the time they get to oberstown a secure unit they will have multiple criminal convictions .
    dress them us as disadvantaged young boys all you like but the truth is that those in oberstown are convicts in short pants . they are rapists armed robbers killers and thieves .

if the cops knock the siht out of each and every one of them then good on the cops

You're sounding like donald trump now with all those fear mongering labels...

Nobody has been born into a care home in Ireland in a lot of years but they where born into circumstances beyond their control. I actually wasn't trying to suggest anyone was born into a care home in Ireland so I dont know where you pulled that one from... Why do you want the cops to knock around a bunch of disadvantaged young boys and girls? Did you have negative experiences with some? Where you attacked? Mugged? Or worse by people of low social economic income? Where does this anger and hate of the disadvantaged come from?

And just for the record no rapist would ever be held in oberstown there is a special unit called trinity house for young sex offenders...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You're sounding like donald trump now with all those fear mongering labels...

Nobody has been born into a care home in Ireland in a lot of years but they where born into circumstances beyond their control. I actually wasn't trying to suggest anyone was born into a care home in Ireland so I dont know where you pulled that one from... Why do you want the cops to knock around a bunch of disadvantaged young boys and girls? Did you have negative experiences with some? Where you attacked? Mugged? Or worse by people of low social economic income? Where does this anger and hate of the disadvantaged come from?

And just for the record no rapist would ever be held in oberstown there is a special unit called trinity house for young sex offenders...

You called?

These inmates are in me hole disadvantaged. at ;east not in terms of money. A lot have more money than you or me. (Well more than you anyway. I'm a billionaire of course)

And, for your own record, you are not quite correct about Trinity House.

You called?

These inmates are in me hole disadvantaged. at ;east not in terms of money. A lot have more money than you or me. (Well more than you anyway. I'm a billionaire of course)

None of these kids come from wealth or at least very few I can assure you that...

I may be wrong with the name of the detention centre but the point of sex offenders not being housed in oberstown is still valid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You called?

None of these kids come from wealth or at least very few I can assure you that...

I may be wrong with the name of the detention centre but the point of sex offenders not being housed in oberstown is still valid...

You can't assure me of that. Unless you know all of the inmates and their backgrounds. It's irrelevant as neither of us can give definitive proof on here. Due to the press laws, if an underage child of a well known and flash Dublin "gangster" gets sent away for a year or two for stabbing someone to death in an unprovoked attack, it can't be reported in a manner that everyone will know about it, and even if you know about it, you won't have a source to prove it.

As for the sex offenders, where do you think they go?

There are three and only three youth detention facilities left. All three are on that "campus". Oberstown Boys, Oberstown girls and Trinity House.
    Sources:
    http://www.dcya.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/YouthJustice/detentionmenu.htm
    http://www.iyjs.ie/en/IYJS/print/WP08000052

Trinity house use to be the most secure detention centre in the country. Now the whole campus is high security. Oberstown used to be almost like an open prison. Now they are all behind the same layer of security.

Trinity house is reopening and is now going to be used solely for prisoners on remand. Source:
    http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Highlights/154568/Behind_the_walls_of_Oberstown_Children_Detention_Centre

On remand means they are awaiting trial and have not been convicted.

So if they aren't locking up the convicted rapists (U18) in Trinity house, which of the other two places do you think they are being put? Oberstown girls school or Oberstown boys school? Have a think. And note that Oberstown is in both the titles.

I don't think I will comment any more on this story

Advertisement