Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFC Final - Dublin v Mayo - *Read Mod Note in post #1 & #1393*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

well done you! When I wrote the word pedant earlier it was an attempted effort at irony (not being a grammar nazi) which didn't quite have the effect I wanted! There was more to it than a simple misspelling correction/dig! Trust me, I am the last person that think its humorous in itself to go out of your way to point out a spelling mistake!!

The truthiness of you're strategery has you fighting a loosing battle their. Take you're learnings from it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

In a bit of a panic here. Went looking for the "information" thread and it's gone.

Can anyone advise about the turnstiles on Sunday????? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

Anyone actually talking about the game itself or am I missing a thread somewhere?

Thanks and god bless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anyone actually talking about the game itself or am I missing a thread somewhere?

Thanks and god bless

fire ahead? Get the ball rolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

fire ahead? Get the ball rolling?

Dublin by 11, Mayo have been dog all year and Kerry would have been obliterated if it weren't for Cluxton.

• Advertisement

jive wrote: »
    Dublin by 11, Mayo have been dog all year and Kerry would have been obliterated if it weren't for Cluxton.

Ha, so Cluxton's errors accounted for an "obliteration" of points!!

what do you think Arse Biscuits or were you just going to sit and watch the comments and throw digs when noone was talking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Menoetius wrote: »
    In a bit of a panic here. Went looking for the "information" thread and it's gone.

Can anyone advise about the turnstiles on Sunday????? :(

They'll be open, but you'll need a ticket ;)

Ha, so Cluxton's errors accounted for an "obliteration" of points!!

It's 6 points Mayo won't get the next day is what I'm saying ;)

ha, so you reduced it by 5 points in 3 or 4 minutes! Jaysus if Mayo keep improving at this pace they will be hammering Dublin come 5 o clock Sunday!!

So is Cluxton dropped then or was he just getting the errors out of the way against the Kerry boyos?! :D

In fairness it could easily be a few goals between them come Sunday based on form but Mayo are improving every game and haven't peaked this year yet so If they target that full back lineand press a bit more they will earn some handy frees with this ref and Rock or O Connor will be the difference for either team in the end I anticipate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

We won't be relying on Dublin to give us six points. We don't get that kind of luck on All-Ireland final day but sure if Stevie wants to have a meltdown then we'll take it. Dublin got some luck in '13, first goal that brought them back into the game should simply never have happened. Hopefully we keep it nice and tight and don't give away anything soft.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Should Mayo warm up on the Hill end the next day or is this stuff already decided before ....funny if its always decided that the Dubs warm up at the Hill end .

There should be lots drawn.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

I'd say Gavin will go with Cuxton again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

blinding wrote: »
    Should Mayo warm up on the Hill end the next day or is this stuff already decided before ....funny if its always decided that the Dubs warm up at the Hill end .

I don't think there's any point. Dublin won't be beaten with mind games. Much rather we save the energy and adrenaline for when the ball is thrown in and start with a serious pace from the off.

As I said earlier, that sort of b'sh1t won't be in players minds anymore, players are well looked after on the mental elements of going into games and whilst the sledging is the current norm, pre game antics like that are a thing of the past and do noone any good

warming up against a crowd on The Hill hurling abuse at you is probably a stupid thing to do anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Something I feel Mayo should focus on Is Ciaran Kilkenny he keeps Dublin ticking over. All the plaudits go to the marquee forwards but the amount of possession going trough him is what controls Dublins game imo. Don't know you do it, it may take a cynical rota fouling system but if his influence is curbed it would be a huge help to Mayo. Aside from that the starting forwards need to fire and no more than 2 average performances on the team. It's a big ask but it's not impossible. Can't see anything other than a tight tense game with a one score margin at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Sigh.....

The dressing rooms are assigned alphabetically. You warm up at the same end of the pitch as your dressing room. As Dublin's name (as Gaeilge) starts with an A, they will get the A dressing room, which is down the Hill end, more often than not. Conspiracy theories this way please
    > :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭robbiezero

ultrapercy wrote: »
    Something I feel Mayo should focus on Is Ciaran Kilkenny he keeps Dublin ticking over. All the plaudits go to the marquee forwards but the amount of possession going trough him is what controls Dublins game imo. Don't know you do it, it may take a cynical rota fouling system but if his influence is curbed it would be a huge help to Mayo. Aside from that the starting forwards need to fire and no more than 2 average performances on the team. It's a big ask but it's not impossible. Can't see anything other than a tight tense game with a one score margin at the end.

Paul Murphy of Kerry kept him pretty quiet and fairly comfortably won their battle.
    I wouldn't be that worried about him and certainly not enough to have a fouling rota on him. A huge amount of possession goes through him alright, but not necessarily doing a large amount of damage. If he is handpassing sideways back in his own half, let him off. Dublin have plenty players that can do as much if not more damage than him.

ha, so you reduced it by 5 points in 3 or 4 minutes! Jaysus if Mayo keep improving at this pace they will be hammering Dublin come 5 o clock Sunday!!

So is Cluxton dropped then or was he just getting the errors out of the way against the Kerry boyos?! :D

In fairness it could easily be a few goals between them come Sunday based on form but Mayo are improving every game and haven't peaked this year yet so If they target that full back lineand press a bit more they will earn some handy frees with this ref and Rock or O Connor will be the difference for either team in the end I anticipate

I mean that Cluxton gifted 6 points which he won't gift on Sunday, I'm still saying Dublin by 11 ;)

Mayo were awful in Connacht, workmanlike against Tyrone and bad against Tipp.

For the record, I'm not a Dub and hope Mayo finally go the distance.

ultrapercy wrote: »

I agree, a MOTM performance Sunday and he could easily be player of the year. Keegan is going to have a tough game

I agree, a MOTM performance Sunday and he could easily be player of the year. Keegan is going to have a tough game

Keegan will surely pick up Connolly?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If you say so boss. I've limited interest in examining the finer details of something that took place over 10 years ago. But if Mayo people want to cling on to the memory of it, like a child with their teddy bear, than who am I to judge? I prefer to concentrate on more recent Dublin/Mayo factoids.

Like this one.

In the Jim Gavin era, Dublin & Mayo have played each other 8 times. Mayo haven't won a single game. Them's the kinda things I like to remember & think about. :D

I'd be trying to forget the pre-match mutual masturbation cringefest of the early to mid-noughties if i was a Dublin fan too ;)

robbiezero wrote: »
    Keegan will surely pick up Connolly?

I dunno, thought Boyle would be on him but you are probably right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I mean that Cluxton gifted 6 points which he won't gift on Sunday, I'm still saying Dublin by 11 ;)

Mayo are a much better team than Kerry so your position is flawed from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

robbiezero wrote: »
    Paul Murphy of Kerry kept him pretty quiet and fairly comfortably won their battle.
    I wouldn't be that worried about him and certainly not enough to have a fouling rota on him. A huge amount of possession goes through him alright, but not necessarily doing a large amount of damage. If he is handpassing sideways back in his own half, let him off. Dublin have plenty players that can do as much if not more damage than him.

Agree.

Excellent player, but not sure he warrants the crazy hype at the moment. Like you say, there would be a few other Dublin players I'd be more concerned about.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Mayo are a much better team than Kerry so your position is flawed from the outset.

At the moment they are not. They might be after Sunday. But if it was Mayo v Kerry on Sunday, Kerry would be the favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

I expect a sending off or two at the weekend. I just think it will be fractious.

They played two games in Connaught, one where they didnt have to even get out of first gear, another where they were playing quite well against as decent a Galway team (yes I know they were tripe against Tipp but they are better than that) conceded a goal with over ten minutes left and fell under pressure. No excuses but they were hardly awful. They also dominated most of that game, in first half they just didnt have their scoring boots on and shot over ten wides. I wouldnt base them solely on that game, too much waas read into it.

The other games, whilst sluggish at times they went about their business and done what had to be done, and that run in the qualifiers will be great for them, rather t6han coasting through Connaught year after year

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

They'll be open, but you'll need a ticket ;)

Oh I do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Peist2007 wrote: »

March 2016.

Kerry 2-13 Mayo 0-14

• Advertisement

what am I like!! For some reason I completely skipped over the Tipp game!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement