Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite body type in the opposite sex?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I like guys who are lean or even skinny. Don't know what it is. But a guy built like Domhnall Gleeson - tall, lanky & thin - I love it.

Not a lot of love here for the more 'athletic' type. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Someone with an hourglass figure like say Caroline Morahan would be the ideal woman for me, and lips like hers would be an added bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Candie wrote: »

Oh course there is. A lot of guys here wouldn't have the confidence to talk to someone like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Oh course there is. A lot of guys here wouldn't have the confidence to talk to someone like that.

Lean makes up 31% :confused: (athletic is what I took lean to mean)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Oh right, I see. So the only reason men talk to someone with boobs is they think the woman is somehow easier to get than someone skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Big boobs, decent sized arse, and a bush. A fine lump of a woman. Any sign of over manicured anything or excessive prissiness is a massive red flag for me.

Preach

Oh right, I see. So the only reason men talk to someone with boobs is they think the woman is somehow easier to get than someone skinny.

No. Becuase of rejection.

Why is someone thin more likely to reject advances than someone curvy? I'm not following this at all, at all.

No. Becuase of rejection.

So they've less chance of being rejected by someone with a decent pair of tits?

• Advertisement

So they've less chance of being rejected by someone with a decent pair of tits?

Hey! Mine might be small but they're still decent!

Cheek. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

A lot of times when men say curvy, I think they mean lean - like having a flatter tummy - but still shapely. I can think of a lot of athletic women who are curvy by that standard, especially in the bottom half if you know what I mean. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

In general, I like naturally athletic looking men but not too broad or stocky. That is my ideal however, attraction usually takes me by surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Not a fan of lanky/skinny guys

Cumberbatch et al, pass!

Why is someone thin more likely to reject advances than someone curvy? I'm not following this at all, at all.

No. The guy is more nervous chatting up a more 'average' lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Someone with an hourglass figure like say Caroline Morahan would be the ideal woman for me, and lips like hers would be an added bonus.

Same here. Caroline is a beautiful woman. Great eyes and a very sexy smile.

A lot of times when men say curvy, I think they mean lean - like having a flatter tummy - but still shapely. I can think of a lot of athletic women who are curvy by that standard, especially in the bottom half if you know what I mean. :)

And a lot of the time when they say curvy, they mean very thin - but with implants!

I'm happily rail thin, I've got tiny boobs and a tiny butt, and I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather that than a lifetime of watching my weight, and I've never envied bustier or rounder girls. I think the very slim figure ages better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Sorry, I am in the market for indecent tits.

No. The guy is more nervous chatting up a more 'average' lady.

That's a load of bollox. So if Pamela Anderson was available nobody would be nervous chatting her up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Same here. Caroline is a beautiful woman. Great eyes and a very sexy smile.

Big fan of Littlewoods catalogue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Why are you hunting for acceptance from pixel strangers? I thought you were happily coupled up according to the 'things my OH does' thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

And a lot of the time when they say curvy, they mean very thin - but with implants!

I'm happily rail thin, I've got tiny boobs and a tiny butt, and I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather that than a lifetime of watching my weight, and I've never envied bustier or rounder girls. I think the very slim figure ages better too.

Plenty of 'curvy' women who've aged beautifully and thinner women who haven't. Genes play a big part in that, imo.

My men would come in all shapes and sizes (I have a portly one atm who I'm perfectly happy with), but the very sculpted look does very little for me. I find it quite artificial looking, if that makes sense. A bit of paunch is grand.

I do like a hairy man, though. If a guy was manscaped, I think I'd run a mile. I don't find that whole men waxing/shaving all their hair off very manly at all.

Keep your assumption candie.
    I don't like thin, I don't like implants.

I like a healthy looking woman who doesn't chew on grass because shallow men will slobber over them.
    I say what I mean.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Fit with great quads

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

Im a bit of a gym freak, i love the crossfit body on a gal. Muscular thighs and a butt like two soccer balls in a of sock...ie serena williams, Camille Leblanc-Bazinet or sara sigmundsdóttir.

However, i do also like curves ie kelly brooks.

my current girlfriend sits exactly between both my preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Nice bum and keeps in shape.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Though I have been with various body shapes and sizes, TBH in the end for me thin is in. Anything more than a C/D cup a waste. And speaking of waists, must have one. That well built "peasant stock" style figure, women more coopered than grown doesn't do it for me at all. Someone like Kelly Brook who seems to be well favoured by many men looks positively bovine to me TBH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

mansize wrote: »
    Big fan of Littlewoods catalogue?

Never seen it.

But thanks for the tip

;)

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Why are you hunting for acceptance from pixel strangers? I thought you were happily coupled up according to the 'things my OH does' thread?

I don't need your acceptance or anyone else's, I have my own and that's all that matters. See below.
    I'm happily rail thin
    Keep your assumption candie.
    I don't like thin, I don't like implants.

And I know quite a few who do. You need to dial back your own assumptions, since I wasn't specifically addressing you.

• Advertisement

I don't need your acceptance or anyone else's, I have my own and that's all that matters. See below.

And I know quite a few who do. You need to dial back your own assumptions, since I wasn't specifically addressing you.
    You made a sweeping statement about men in general who voted.
    Just because you have no arse or tits. :)

Advertisement