Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Games Giveaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have copies of Gears of War, Gears of War 2 and Gears of War 3 that I have no need for.

(All Digital Downloads)

I'd love to give them as a bundle to someone who hasn't experienced these games yet.

I'll do a random draw on Tuesday at around lunchtime provided there's enough interest.

EDIT: I suppose to save time for myself, a quick like of this post would suffice to declare thine interest.

I've thanked the post but absolutely understand if you'd prefer a minimum number of posts first before being part of giveaways? Cheers.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've thanked the post but absolutely understand if you'd prefer a minimum number of posts first before being part of giveaways? Cheers.

Not at all pal. :)

I've said before on here that the Xbox forum is one of the most welcoming forums on Boards. If a games giveaway gets people interacting with the community then happy days.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Doing this a bit earlier than expected as I've a bit to do this afternoon.

The winner of Gears 1,2 & 3 is...

jWi8qU.jpg

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not at all pal. :)

I've said before on here that the Xbox forum is one of the most welcoming forums on Boards. If a games giveaway gets people interacting with the community then happy days.

:)

Congrats to the winner, and thanks for letting me into the draw anyway! Hopefully once Santa delivers the Xbox I'll get to play on it too! I never had a 360 either so loads of choice for me (I know there's a decent amount of backward compatible games now) to buy in coming months.

People have been nothing but friendly so far on this forum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Congrats to the winner, and thanks for letting me into the draw anyway! Hopefully once Santa delivers the Xbox I'll get to play on it too! I never had a 360 either so loads of choice for me (I know there's a decent amount of backward compatible games now) to buy in coming months.

People have been nothing but friendly so far on this forum too.

I've PM'd you some codes. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've PM'd you some codes. Enjoy.

Wow, don't know what to say, after a brutal day at work, this is just fantastic. Thanks very much, I'm absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wow, don't know what to say, after a brutal day at work, this is just fantastic. Thanks very much, I'm absolutely delighted.

No worries at all. Always nice to see new guys around here.

If you need any help getting up and going post in the main Xbox Thread or the 'Im New To Xbox Thread' and someone will have an answer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Something small, but I have no use and will only go to waste if no one wants it here.
    14 days Gold trial code going for the first reply to this post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Something small, but I have no use and will only go to waste if no one wants it here.
    14 days Gold trial code going for the first reply to this post :)

Hi i would take the 14day trial if its still going thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Feck Off wrote: »
    Hi i would take the 14day trial if its still going thanks

Feck Off .. thank the post and the original poster will draw the names who thanked his/her post and a winner will be found.

• Advertisement

Big thank you to this post keep it going folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Feck Off wrote: »
    Big thank you to this post keep it going folks :)

:rolleyes:
    He means click on the Thumbs up icon to thank the post of the person doing the giveaway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Done thanks folks

Sorry folks, I may have broken thread rules unknowingly.

I did say in my post, the first person to reply could have the code! :(

I'll do a random draw on the "thankies" later on, once I get home from work :)

I noticed that you said that and I dont think there is really any set of rule for this thread.
    If you want to give something away, it is up to yourself how you do it whether it is a draw or first person to reply but I'm guessing those who thanked your comment were probably going by previous posts and missed out on the bit that you would give it to whoever asked for it first so the draw might be the fairer thing.

I was just thanking it because thought it was great someone else giving something away(I've unthanked the post because I don't want this)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I noticed that you said that and I dont think there is really any set of rule for this thread.
    If you want to give something away, it is up to yourself how you do it whether it is a draw or first person to reply but I'm guessing those who thanked your comment were probably going by previous posts and missed out on the bit that you would give it to whoever asked for it first so the draw might be the fairer thing.
    What he said. You made it pretty clear in your post, so it's still up to you how to do it.

Sorry folks, I may have broken thread rules unknowingly.

I did say in my post, the first person to reply could have the code! :(

I'll do a random draw on the "thankies" later on, once I get home from work :)

So I done a draw and pm1977x came out :)

404449.JPG

I'll contact by PM and see if they want the code!

So pm1977x was just thanking the post in general :)

Next up is AngryDiMaria

Are you looking for the trial code? :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

So pm1977x was just thanking the post in general :)

Next up is AngryDiMaria

Are you looking for the trial code? :D

I was just thanking it in general too :D

Pass it on to the next in line!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'd say everyone tanked it in general. As he did say in post first to reply will get it not thank post and I will choose someone. First person to reply was Feck off so in my eyes he should get it.

I was just thanking it in general too :D

Pass it on to the next in line!

Moving swiftly on ... :P
    I'd say everyone tanked it in general. As he did say in post first to reply will get it not thank post and I will choose someone. First person to reply was Feck off so in my eyes he should get it.

Oh look, next up is Feck Off. Great username :D

I'll just PM them the code directly, as they did ask for it initially :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

And the winner of the code / game / is.......

FbynGMGPT8iEBmzxJumU_Confused%20Yankees.gif

If I ever have something to give away, I am going to do it either by way of Hang Man or Wheel of Fortune :pac:

B3Enc

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I belieeeeeeve....I have a copy of Rory McIlroys golf game laying around unopened. Usual stuff thank the post and I'll pick someone out tomorrow evening.

I belieeeeeeve....I have a copy of Rory McIlroys golf game laying around unopened. Usual stuff thank the post and I'll pick someone out tomorrow evening.

Finally a giveaway that I would actually make use of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Finally a giveaway that I would actually make use of :D

Its on ea access

Its on ea access

I don't renew the sub anymore because there is only one game I played when I had it, the golf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I am new around here. I received an Xbox One S the other day as a present, and would definitely be interested in this. I used to play a lot of Tiger Woods on the 360 a few years. However, as I new around here, I completely understand if you don't want to give the game away to a newbie, so feel free to exclude me from this if you do :)

Advertisement