Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Games Giveaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

As above, Thank this post if you want Gears of War 2 code. Will pick a winner tomorrow evening.

I've 2 codes for gwent beta going begging

Sorry a bit late in picking the names for the Gears Codes lads.

Winners as selected by random name picker thing are below, will PM codes shortly.

Gears 1 - Usernamehere

Gears 2 - hellboy99

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

skerry wrote: »

Winners as selected by random name picker thing are below, will PM codes shortly.

Gears 1 - Usernamehere

Gears 2 - hellboy99

Enjoy.

Thanks a million Skerry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

skerry wrote: »

Gears 1 - Usernamehere

Gears 2 - hellboy99

Enjoy.

Fair play, skerry - thanks very much!

• Advertisement

No bother chaps, give those Locust hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi Folks,

It's been a while, but I have 2 codes for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360

Usual rules, thank this post, I will assign a number to each one and use a random number generator to pick, I will leave it open until Sunday 9pm.

Cheers,
    Jimbob

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hi Folks,

It's been a while, but I have 2 codes for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360 and a code for Dark Souls 1 which is backward compatible I believe.

Usual rules, thank this post, I will assign a number to each one and use a random number generator to pick, I will leave it open until Sunday 9pm.

Cheers,
    Jimbob

Perhaps do a second post, for people who only want to enter for Dark Souls?

Good call CIAB,

If you would like to win a copy of Dark Souls, just like this post.

I will assign you all a number and use a random number generator to pick the winner.

Thanks,
    Jimbob

Hi Folks,

Ok so the winners of Forza Horizon 2 on 360 are dmcdante and gerp99

The winner of the Dark Souls code is gufc21

I will PM the codes to ye all directly.

Cheers,
    Jimbob (James)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Hi Folks,

Ok so the winners of Forza Horizon 2 on 360 are dmcdante and gerp99

The winner of the Dark Souls code is gufc21

I will PM the codes to ye all directly.

Cheers,
    Jimbob (James)
    nice one bud will play this to death

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi all,

Seeing as how Titanfall was one of the games announced with the original Xbox One launch events and E3 almost four years ago - although it didn't eventually release until six months after the console - we thought that we'd take you on a trip back in time to enjoy what is, arguably, still one of the best shooters on the console.

Here's a code for the original Titanfall.

W9R6G-CG2KR-37VTK-TTYXJ-RP3P?

All you need to do is replace the '?' by guessing the missing alphanumeric character (A-Z, 0-9) at the end of the code.

Terms and Conditions:
    - If you have EA Access or already own Titanfall, please leave the code for someone who doesn't have the game already. :)
    - That's it. Enjoy the game.

So, Xbox Game Pass has a 14-day trial and is available early for Xbox Live Gold members - with over 110 games (of various quality) available at launch.

Did you think you were going to miss out because your Xbox Live gold sub expired yesterday? Fear not, because we've got you covered.

Here's a code for A Month of Xbox Live Gold

?KC7W-WG9MP-CCFJ7-J7MC6-DHJW7

All you need to do is replace the '?' by guessing the missing alphanumeric character (A-Z, 0-9) at the start of the code.

Terms and Conditions:
    - If you already have an active Xbox Live Gold sub, please leave the code for someone who doesn't.
    - That's it. Enjoy the fortnight of free games.
    - Oh, and apologies for anyone with a download cap :)

Also, be careful, when activating the code it may try to enable Auto Renew - if you don't want to auto renew, just switch the option off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Appreciate the sentiment but that surely is the most terrible way to give something away. There's well over 30 possible combinations and if someone managed to get it in the first few attempts, there could be a half dozen other people pain-stakingly going through every character looking for it with no way of knowing if it's already been renewed.

I think the system of doing a raffle works far better, the above is more like a weird form of torture for everyone!

Appreciate the sentiment but that surely is the most terrible way to give something away. There's well over 30 possible combinations and if someone managed to get it in the first few attempts, there could be a half dozen other people pain-stakingly going through every character looking for it with no way of knowing if it's already been renewed.

I think the system of doing a raffle works far better, the above is more like a weird form of torture for everyone!
    Fair point ... I was just looking at giving the code away in a way that it wasn't the first person who saw the code got it and that a bit of effort had to be put into it (you had to want it in order to try)

Last one for the week, here's a 14-day Gold trial: First up, best dressed.
    889B9-XVPCV-H6HDV-Q273B-48XPG

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I had my One S replaced by Amazon lately and a digital copy of Fifa 17 came with it that I'm going to give away here.

Usual rules apply, thank this post and I'll do a draw on Sunday/Monday evening.

This time I would ask that the winner would donate €5 to a charity of their choice and I'll match that donation as well (apologies if this is not allowed mods).

Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    This time I would ask that the winner would donate €5 to a charity of their choice and I'll match that donation as well (apologies if this is not allowed mods).

Emmet.
    Nice one. Nice addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Guys I had my One S replaced by Amazon lately and a digital copy of Fifa 17 came with it that I'm going to give away here.

Emmet.

Great idea :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Emmet.

Meant to row in on this sooner, but it slipped my mind. I've no problem with this, it's your game and you're allowed give it away in any way you please. As far as I'm concerned, the only rule is that it has to be a "giveaway", as in you personally aren't making a profit from it, otherwise it belongs on Adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Emmet.

Fair play emmet, I've no interest in the game but will also donate a fiver to the winners chosen charity. Great idea.

• Advertisement

Emmet.

Ok folks going to do the draw this evening. Just thank the quoted post if you want to be included.

Emmet.

And the winner is GBX. Congrats man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Your battery percentage makes me feel uncomfortable.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Your battery percentage makes me feel uncomfortable.

I got it on charge just after that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭GBX

And the winner is GBX. Congrats man.

Deadly, thanks Emmet .. My donation will go to Down Syndrome Ireland.

GBX wrote: »

Don't have my card with me so I donated €4 to Down Syndrome Ireland via text.

GBX wrote: »

Excellent choice and I'll match that tonight when I'm home from work.

I'll send you that code then as well. I have to move about 20 boxes in the attic to get the One S box :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Can you post the different charities you can text on that number?

Cheers Dave and GBX.

I've donated €6, so that's €15 to a great cause between the three of us for a game that was sitting in a box :)

• Advertisement

erkifino wrote: »
    Can you post the different charities you can text on that number?

Here's the full list - https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

I find it handy as I top up by €20 every month but never use the credit.

Advertisement