Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Games Giveaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,816 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this since you brought it up, and I'm still kinda torn about the whole thing. There's good reasons to bring in a limit, and there's good reasons not to as well.

I don't particularly like the "drive by" code taking, but I also don't want to simply stop people from participating just because they may be a lurker, rather than a regular poster. What if getting a code from here is what starts someone posting in the Xbox forum? As I said, I'm still torn.

As it is, I'd prefer not to put any "official" rules on this, but I also won't stop anyone from putting those limits on anything they give away, after all, it's their code, they can pretty much do what they please with it.

So, if you're giving out a code, if you want to put a limit on it to Xbox forum regulars/people that participate, just mention it in the post. How does that sound to everyone?

Yea I wasn't to sure on it myself. The way I was looking at it is if a regular poster in the Xbox Forum missed out on a code to a new user/drive by just because the new user happened to spot the code first I'd feel hard done by.

The Xbox Forum is full of great posters and everyone is willing to help and we've a great little community here, so a thread like this is great where we can help each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Xbox Forum is full of great posters and everyone is willing to help and we've a great little community here, so a thread like this is great where we can help each other out.

I heart you emmetkenny :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Right so, we'll leave it at that, I'll keep an eye on how this thread is going and get more feedback from everyone to keep it ticking over, but for now, people can run there own giveaways without any rules, or with whatever rules they want.

Thanks everyone!

p.s. You're right emmetkenny, we do have a great little community here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

I'm new to this part of boards as I'm switching over from the dark side (ps4) to the one s in Tuesday.

Really appreciate the Alan wake code I got here the other day.

I would understand if people didn't want to give codes to posters that didn't contribute much to the forum but hopefully going forward I will be a lot more active on here.

I'm new to this part of boards as I'm switching over from the dark side (ps4) to the one s in Tuesday.

Really appreciate the Alan wake code I got here the other day.

I would understand if people didn't want to give codes to posters that didn't contribute much to the forum but hopefully going forward I will be a lot more active on here.

Whaaaaaat your a PS4 guy..... Burn him, Burn him with fire :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Was! It's gone :D

Back up to my old gamertag, Sdevo23 if anyone wants to add me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

863545.jpg

He's from Springfield PS4 land... Get him.

Not that I have a PS4 myself. *innocent whistle*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have an Alan Wake + add-on packs code if anyone is interested. Playable on XB1.
    Please don't ask unless you intend to play it and not just add it to your backlog.
    First 5 requests and I'll do a draw.

Please don't ask unless you intend to play it and not just add it to your backlog.

That rules most of us out so :D

Me too :-) That's why I put it up here.
    I was hoping it might be helpful for new recruits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I would be interested in that. Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I was debating with myself about whether I would enter this, as it would be a couple of months at least before I got around to it, so technically I would be adding to my backlog, but with full intention to play before christmas time.

For a totally different reason, I checked my ready to install list, and there's both Alan Wake games.....

So, yeah, I shouldn't enter this at all.

We all have backlogs and I know that there are some games on my list that will never be played. I'm thinking Thief for one.
    But if someone want's to add this to their backlog but genuinely plans to play it at some stage, then by all means stick your name in the hat.
    I just don't want it to go to waste like it would have done had I installed it.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I was debating with myself about whether I would enter this, as it would be a couple of months at least before I got around to it, so technically I would be adding to my backlog, but with full intention to play before christmas time.

For a totally different reason, I checked my ready to install list, and there's both Alan Wake games.....

So, yeah, I shouldn't enter this at all.

The pain of the backlog... When I was younger I'd feck all games to play and all the time in the world. Now I'm an adult I've loads of games and feck all time to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

put me in for alan wake please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Id be interested in Alan Wake also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I would also be interested, thanks

I have assigned a number to each person who requested the code and to those who thanked the original post and ran a random number generator.

And the winner is...

dr.kenneth noise water

Will PM the code shortly

Has anyone here not played Destiny but would like to try the game?

I've the base game on disk and upgraded to a digital copy so if anyone wants to give it a try and will actually use it and not trade it in I'd like them to have it.

If your interested just thank this post and I'll pick someone at random on Thursday evening and post on Friday if I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id like to. :)

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Id like to. :)

Just thank the post so I don't miss you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Would love to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Don't need myself but it's a fantastic opportunity for someone to try the game and you could buy the destiny collection upgrade and have all the expansions very handy.

Love that game! :D good on you emnetkenny!

emmetkenny wrote:
    I've a code for Banjo Kazooe Nuts and Bolts for Preordering ReCore.

Put me in for banjo kazooe please

soap1978 wrote: »
    Put me in for banjo kazooe please

That was two months ago Soap, it's long gone at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That was two months ago Soap, it's long gone at this stage :)

He got my hopes up as I would have been interested in that. I even scrolled back through this page looking for the post and I was like where is it. Then i seen yours saying two months ago.

lol sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Sorry guys, Banjo was all mine!! Muwahahaha
    I play it withthe nephew, he loves it :D

Thanks again Emmet

I've the base game on disk and upgraded to a digital copy so if anyone wants to give it a try and will actually use it and not trade it in I'd like them to have it.

If your interested just thank this post and I'll pick someone at random on Thursday evening and post on Friday if I get a chance.

Guys I've done the draw and GBX is the lucky winner.

GBX if you PM me your details I'll do my best to get this in the post for you tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Guys I've done the draw and GBX is the lucky winner.

GBX if you PM me your details I'll do my best to get this in the post for you tomorrow.

Sorry forgot to post the list of names.

Advertisement