Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Games Giveaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

GBX wrote: »
    I'd appreciate that.

I'll send the code to you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

JoyPad wrote: »
    PM sent.

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

GBX wrote: »
    I'd appreciate that.

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have 2 x NHL 17 BETA codes for whoever wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    I have 2 x NHL 17 BETA codes for whoever wants them.

Would love one if it's going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

martin101 wrote: »
    Would love one if it's going

No bother sent you 1. Still have 1 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't mean to be an ass but I just wonder would it be an idea to have a minimum post limit in here for those to take a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Thanks for the code. Delighted with that.
    Always someone will have a moan though about it. Lol

martin101 wrote: »
    Thanks for the code. Delighted with that.
    Always someone will have a moan though about it. Lol

If your referring to me your way off. If you had read the thread you also know I was one of the first to give a code as well.

The idea of a minimum post would be to stop new people registering to simply get a code. People should participate a bit at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If your referring to me your way off. If you had read the thread you also know I was one of the first to give a code as well.

The idea of a minimum post would be to stop new people registering to simply get a code. People should participate a bit at least.

This was brought into the free PC game giveaway too which makes sense.

• Advertisement

This was brought into the free PC game giveaway too which makes sense.

It would be a good idea. Maybe something like 50 posts in the Xbox Forum or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My mate decided to plunge for that big Rainbow Six bundle that was on offer but he has already played Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 that has come with the bundle.

He then gave them to me... and I've already played them before. :pac:

So in a roundabout way, I have 2 free codes on behalf of my friend for Rainbow Six Vegas and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go!!

EDIT: I'll leave this open til lunchtime (1pm or so) If there's loads of interest I'll do a random draw otherwise I'll just do first come, first served.

Think that's fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I would like RS Vegas 2 please if you dont mind

I also have 2 NHL Beta codes if anyone wants one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

That_Guy wrote: »
    My mate decided to plunge for that big Rainbow Six bundle that was on offer but he has already played Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 that has come with the bundle.

So in a roundabout way, I have 2 free codes on behalf of my friend for Rainbow Six Vegas and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

EDIT: I'll leave this open til lunchtime (1pm or so) If there's loads of interest I'll do a random draw otherwise I'll just do first come, first served.

Think that's fair?

Yeah I would like one of those codes, thanks!

I also have 2 NHL Beta codes if anyone wants one

Have you any of these left by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Think that's fair?

I'd love one of those codes if you still have 'em.

Have you any of these left by any chance?

Sent you one by pm

I would like RS Vegas 2 please if you dont mind
    GAAman wrote: »
    Yeah I would like one of those codes, thanks!
    Faker74 wrote: »
    I'd love one of those codes if you still have 'em.

So, I had to a random prize winner generator type of thing and unfortunately Max Mafioso you missed out. Sorry pal.

Fairest way I could possibly do it.

GAAman - Rainbow Six: Vegas is yours
    Faker74 - Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is yours

I'll send you your PM's after I get a bite to eat.
    Sent you one by pm

Much appreciated pal. :)

No problem at all :)
    Enjoy guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

So, I had to a random prize winner generator type of thing and unfortunately Max Mafioso you missed out. Sorry pal.

Fairest way I could possibly do it.

Faker74 - Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is yours

I'll send you your PM's after I get a bite to eat.

Much appreciated pal. :)

You are a gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Just got the code thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

No problem at all :)
    Enjoy guys!

Hey Max, I think I got a code at home that I got free with Rainbow Six Siege. Will PM it to you later.

Thanks Spud, I actually read that as a code for RS Siege lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Thanks Spud, I actually read that as a code for RS Siege lol!

Ha, I'm not running a charity here :)

Actually scrap that, I was just having a look through my 360 games and turns out I already have the game :/

My bad, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ahh damn i was away from desk in work, is the game going back to a draw now :):)

sorry got confused *disregard*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't mean to be an ass but I just wonder would it be an idea to have a minimum post limit in here for those to take a code?

I've been thinking about this since you brought it up, and I'm still kinda torn about the whole thing. There's good reasons to bring in a limit, and there's good reasons not to as well.

I don't particularly like the "drive by" code taking, but I also don't want to simply stop people from participating just because they may be a lurker, rather than a regular poster. What if getting a code from here is what starts someone posting in the Xbox forum? As I said, I'm still torn.

As it is, I'd prefer not to put any "official" rules on this, but I also won't stop anyone from putting those limits on anything they give away, after all, it's their code, they can pretty much do what they please with it.

So, if you're giving out a code, if you want to put a limit on it to Xbox forum regulars/people that participate, just mention it in the post. How does that sound to everyone?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this since you brought it up, and I'm still kinda torn about the whole thing. There's good reasons to bring in a limit, and there's good reasons not to as well.

I don't particularly like the "drive by" code taking, but I also don't want to simply stop people from participating just because they may be a lurker, rather than a regular poster. What if getting a code from here is what starts someone posting in the Xbox forum? As I said, I'm still torn.

As it is, I'd prefer not to put any "official" rules on this, but I also won't stop anyone from putting those limits on anything they give away, after all, it's their code, they can pretty much do what they please with it.

So, if you're giving out a code, if you want to put a limit on it to Xbox forum regulars/people that participate, just mention it in the post. How does that sound to everyone?

I'd agree with this, just let people give away a code on their own terms. If they're happy to give it to someone with a low post count then that's their business.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »

Can't say fairer than that. The Xbox forum is easily the most accommodating of all the gaming forums imo. I have no issue with low post count users asking for codes.

If it was a physical copy it may be a different story but if it's a kickstarter for people to contribute and join in online games with people down the road then so be it.

Advertisement