Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 3 Owners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

How you all are finding the battery life on stand by? Mine seems to be draining nearly 10% an hour without touching the phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Find the battery excellent tbh 65 percent left since charging last night

What process is draining it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Going to reset it now to clear everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Battery is perfect here too.

Unrelated - has anyone gotten the All 4 (Channel 4) app to work? I get an error message saying that videos cannot be streamed or downloaded. Casting works fine however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

All 4 works just great for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

Can anyone tell me of it is possible when using 2 sims to keep text messaging separate for each, maybe by using 2 messenger apps? I have one sim for personal use and one for work but all texts are showing together which is messy. I've just started using the 2 sims and have had a look around settings but cant find any way to change it.

All 4 works just great for me.

That's weird, after a bit of searching I finally found this on the Channel 4 site, which specifically says the OP3 is not supported (no idea why not, there is only 3 devices listed and two are OnePlus devices :confused:) http://www.channel4.com/devices/faq/android.html#section-2-question-11

Are you running stock OxygenOS?

This is the error I get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

That's weird, after a bit of searching I finally found this on the Channel 4 site, which specifically says the OP3 is not supported (no idea why not, there is only 3 devices listed and two are OnePlus devices :confused:)

Are you running stock OxygenOS?

This is the error I get

Is your device rooted?

SickBoy wrote: »
    Is your device rooted?

Nope, 100% stock. On Oxygen 3.2.4, and wasn't working on previous versions either.
    The FAQ says it's not supported on OP3, which is fair enough but I don't understand how it works for others though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nope, 100% stock. On Oxygen 3.2.4, and wasn't working on previous versions either.
    The FAQ says it's not supported on OP3, which is fair enough but I don't understand how it works for others though...

Doesn't work on the device for me either!
    Only casting works :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Ok sorry guys, I misunderstood. I've only been using it for casting so no issues. Just tried to play and also tried to download and I got the same error as posted above...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Scrap it, stuck it on today. Far, far, far superior to the last CM13 rom I had on it. So far so good, haven't spotted any issues yet. Camera is fine, battery seems about on par, android auto faultless dash charge works perfectly and it feels snappier.

Two days in and this is far superior to Oxygen OS. Quicker, battery life seems improved, no odd crashes or warnings and lots of welcome tweaks. Camera is a little worse but I'm not having an issue with the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Two days in and this is far superior to Oxygen OS. Quicker, battery life seems improved, no odd crashes or warnings and lots of welcome tweaks. Camera is a little worse but I'm not having an issue with the pictures.

Fingerprint sensor working? Oxygen OS wrecking my head. Snapchat is unusable at this stage it's so laggy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

pedatron wrote: »
    Fingerprint sensor working? Oxygen OS wrecking my head. Snapchat is unusable at this stage it's so laggy

Yep, everything. If anything I'm getting less errors. And all the extras Oxygen swiped from CyanogenMod are there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Yep, everything. If anything I'm getting less errors. And all the extras Oxygen swiped from CyanogenMod are there too.

Great to hear. I'll change over one of the days soon so! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

If you're putting on cm13, have a look for cyan delta. It saves you having to download the full 300MB. It patches your downloaded ROM installation file with the difference to the current nightly. The last patch for a weeks delta was only 20mb. Then flash as you would normally. Handy if you're on limited plan or rural broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Patww79 wrote: »
    Did any other countries have sales barred or why did they pick us?

I thought it was the whole of Europe & Hong Kong until they replenish ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Patww79 wrote: »
    Aren't people ordering from the UK now though?

I wasn't aware of that, I assumed that they had a blanket shutdown in Europe, but would honour orders submitted I think the start of August and recommence Sept sometime, unless the UK has some special arrangement?

• Advertisement

List of countries where sales were paused: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/information-on-oneplus-3-availability-in-europe.458234/
    UK was not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Estimated shipping time for ordering from the UK is three weeks though. Sales re-start in Ireland in 2 weeks and 1 day. I'm going to wait and order from Ireland as I'll be waiting either way and plus I'd like to save myself the hassle of having to send it back via the UK if there is any issues with the phone.

Anyone getting the odd random power off or reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

sioda wrote: »

Once or twice I tried to unlock with my fingerprint and it then prompted for my pattern, this usually happens at startup suggesting it rebooted by itself.
    It's only happened twice or maybe 3 times but I thought nothing of it. It hasn't happened for a while now though so maybe resolved in an update, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭28064212

sioda wrote: »
    Have you updated to 3.2.4? I believe there were some reboot issues with 3.2.2 all right

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Yeah I have updated to .4 I'll keep an eye on it only a small thing tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Hi.

I have noticed that web pages are loafing very slowly and almost sometimes seems like they're stuck loading. This doesn't happen all the time but very frequently nonetheless. I have experienced this issue over wifi and cellular connection and also on different web browser apps. I'm running oxygen OS 3.2.4.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

I have noticed that web pages are loafing very slowly and almost sometimes seems like they're stuck loading. This doesn't happen all the time but very frequently nonetheless. I have experienced this issue over wifi and cellular connection and also on different web browser apps. I'm running oxygen OS 3.2.4.

Thanks

Hi.

I've noticed this myself, on the 3.2.2 build web pages on chrome would load up almost instantly either on WiFi or Cellular(4G/LTE) but since updating to 3.2.4 its like being on a bad 3g connection waiting for them to load, it doesn't always happen but it's annoying when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

anyone having a issue with using a 3moblie sim and the signal bar keeps showing up an r symbol beside it. tried taking out the sim, it goes away for a while but still comes back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

anyone having a issue with using a 3moblie sim and the signal bar keeps showing up an r symbol beside it. tried taking out the sim, it goes away for a while but still comes back

Working fine with my 3 sim ATM.

Advertisement