Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 3 Owners

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

Anybody else having issues with the sim cards not working?
    I just received my OnePlus3 and I can only get 1 sim card slot to work. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

corpo3030 wrote: »
    Anybody else having issues with the sim cards not working?
    I just received my OnePlus3 and I can only get 1 sim card slot to work. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Without being cheeky, have you enabled the second SIM in the settings menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Got my phone 2 days ago. Love it. This evening tried to unlock it with fingerprint scanner & it gives message saying something like fingerprint hardware not available. Was working perfectly until then. Tried the usual, restart phone etc. I googled it. Someone suggested deleting saved fingerprints. Did that. Unable to set them again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is the Canon plugin on Android up to date?

It is ta that's the trouble :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

pedatron wrote: »
    Spigen case arrived. Very happy with it. Same idea as the one plus x case I had before. Does the job I want it to and it held its shape up until I dropped it down the toilet so hopefully this one does the same! Thumbs up from me!

If you don't mindme asking what screen protector are you using with this case. Have a orzly flexicase but it's lifting the screen protector up so I may get that spigen case and new screen protector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Johneeee

DanC90 wrote: »
    Did you go into the mobile networks settings and set 4g as the preferred connection? Also go into network operators and search it again and pick automatically choose, that's the way I have mine set up and I get 4g showing up on mine a lot

Thanks for that. Turned out that while they had given me a 4G SIM they had not enabled it on my account. They have since enabled it and since then I have noticed that the 4G bandwidth is only available in certain areas in Dublin (haven't been down the country yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johneeee

I had a Galaxy S4 with an AMOLED screen. I took the Protector off because a colleague had the same phone without the Protector and it has not cause any issues as the screen was tough. I did not experience any issues either from scratches or anything like that over a two year period and the tactile experience using the unprotected screen was far far nicer. Consequently I am thinking of doing the same at my oneplus 3.

Have any of you guys had any experience, or do you have any thoughts to share, in relation to this proposed move of mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

I have a particular contact set to all calls to voicemail.

That was grand but one evening I got a call off them and checking the contact after the all calls to voicemail was off. It turned off on its own.

Any ideas what done it? Have had no system updates or the contacts app upstate either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,817 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you don't mindme asking what screen protector are you using with this case. Have a orzly flexicase but it's lifting the screen protector up so I may get that spigen case and new screen protector

Had to remove the Orzly its far to wide to accommodate a case they don't seem to take account of the edges being tapered.

Just ordered this
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32686061495.html#autostay

Nillkin

Same level of protection but from YouTube they have left appropriate gaps on all edges for the phone cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

listermint wrote: »
    Had to remove the Orzly its far to wide to accommodate a case they don't seem to take account of the edges being tapered.

Just ordered this

Nillkin

Same level of protection but from YouTube they have left appropriate gaps on all edges for the phone cases

Cheers for that. I might order one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Just ordered this

Nillkin

Doesn't look great on the phone though unfortunately. Oppomart have it and you'd probably get it a lot sooner ordering from them instead of ALiExpress

attachment.php?attachmentid=3822850&d=1469393882
    attachment.php?attachmentid=3822851&d=1469393882

What on earth have you done to that poor keyboard?!

What on earth have you done to that poor keyboard?!

Ha, thats not mine. Just found it in an XDA thread on cases/screen protectors

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/accessories/screen-protectors-t3398770/post67875158#post67875158

• Registered Users Posts: 33,817 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Doesn't look great on the phone though unfortunately. Oppomart have it and you'd probably get it a lot sooner ordering from them instead of ALiExpress

attachment.php?attachmentid=3822850&d=1469393882
    attachment.php?attachmentid=3822851&d=1469393882

Its meant really for phones with a cover. Yours has no cover. Those edges would be covered tbf

Its meant really for phones with a cover. Yours has no cover. Those edges would be covered tbf

That's not my phone, as I said earlier. I have a full screen cover and a case on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 brendan84

My phone returned from repair on Friday after having a new screen fitted. Only thing is I won't have access to its dash charger for a good few days yet. I was thinking, is there anyone in or around Tipperary town who could help me out the use of their charger or would be prepared to loan or sell me a spare usb-c cable.Thanks.

brendan84 wrote: »
    My phone returned from repair on Friday after having a new screen fitted. Only thing is I won't have access to its dash charger for a good few days yet. I was thinking, is there anyone in or around Tipperary town who could help me out the use of their charger or would be prepared to loan or sell me a spare usb-c cable.Thanks.

Just buy a standard cable and survive without dash for a few days?!

How much did it cost?

€90.54 all in, 8/10 days turnaround.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Is it noticeable that the screen was replaced?

Looks as new.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

And in Oneplus 3 news, Sultanxda’s Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 Lands on the OnePlus 3

http://www.xda-developers.com/sultanxdas-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-lands-on-the-oneplus-3/

I'm running it now, i'll run it for a few days, see how it goes.

Just in case anyone does come across it, I had an issue with both Sultan and Resurrection Remix's rom, that I couldn't connect to the wifi in work. From googling, it looks like there may be some out of date software on the router in work, so I had to enable legacy dhcp in developer options to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MarkR wrote: »
    And in Oneplus 3 news, Sultanxda’s Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 Lands on the OnePlus 3

http://www.xda-developers.com/sultanxdas-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-lands-on-the-oneplus-3/

Just in case anyone does come across it, I had an issue with both Sultan and Resurrection Remix's rom, that I couldn't connect to the wifi in work. From googling, it looks like there may be some out of date software on the router in work, so I had to enable legacy dhcp in developer options to resolve.

Gonna get on this myself as I loved the OPO rom that sultan made!
    Reasiltically be the weekend before I get around to doing it though.
    Would appreciate an update during the week of how you get along with it dude? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Hi all, thinking about buying this phone as a replacement for my lost Samsung S7. I have a few questions that you guys might be kindly able to answer.

First, sales of the device have been suspended in Ireland until mid September. If I were to buy from the UK site and deliver the device through parcel motel, would I potentially void any warranty or have any unintended consequences?

Second, there are a lot of discussions about covers here but the third party ones seem problematic based on this thread. Is it worth just buying the cover from OnePlus with the phone? Anyone recommend other covers that fit?

Finally, one of the key things I want is a fairly good battery. The S7 battery was great in the short time I had the phone. How are people's experiences with this one? I also noticed some early remarks about overheating issues, is this a thing that affects all of the handsets?

Many thanks!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hi all, thinking about buying this phone as a replacement for my lost Samsung S7. I have a few questions that you guys might be kindly able to answer.

First, sales of the device have been suspended in Ireland until mid September. If I were to buy from the UK site and deliver the device through parcel motel, would I potentially void any warranty or have any unintended consequences?

Second, there are a lot of discussions about covers here but the third party ones seem problematic based on this thread. Is it worth just buying the cover from OnePlus with the phone? Anyone recommend other covers that fit?

Finally, one of the key things I want is a fairly good battery. The S7 battery was great in the short time I had the phone. How are people's experiences with this one? I also noticed some early remarks about overheating issues, is this a thing that affects all of the handsets?

Many thanks!

No idea about the warranty, but I don't imagine buying from the UK could cause any issue.

I use an otterbox case that I bought directly from the size. It's quite chunky (only noticed when I briefly took off the case to swap a sim card)

I've no issues with overheating. The battery is probably the biggest downside, and not a big one at that. I tend to use my phone a lot, and often find that I would need to plug it in again in the evening. Dash charge is quick, so that's not a big issue.

Phone is quite slippy without a case.

Many thanks!

Check the estimated shipping over the buy button. A week or two ago, it was three weeks.

I dont think you'd void the warranty. You should be asking OnePlus not strangers on the internet.

The issue is with full screen tempered glass protectors being pushed/moved by cases. I wouldn't recommend buying a cover from OnePlus (rip off), go to AliExpress/Ebay to get value for money.

There is no overheating issue. The OP3 doesn't heat up because of proprietary tech (or whatever the fk you want to call it) means the plug heats up not the phone (unlike other fast charging tech). Battery life across 5.5' phones are pretty standard, obviously it depends usage so whats good to me may not be good to you. Dash charging is very FAST! People tend to come on forums to troubleshoot their issues rather than sing praises, take that into account when browsing the forum.

Another larger OP3 thread here (if you wanna read more peoples experiences):
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057598658

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

What was that for exactly, mine fell and the screen is compleatly ****ed the lcd leaked, lookign to get it fixed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

MarkR wrote: »

Any downsides yet to the rom? Was on CM13 but the camera annoyed me. If his is fixed, even a little bit, I'd be tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Scrap it, stuck it on today. Far, far, far superior to the last CM13 rom I had on it. So far so good, haven't spotted any issues yet. Camera is fine, battery seems about on par, android auto faultless dash charge works perfectly and it feels snappier.

Advertisement