Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 3 Owners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I suspect it the same slot. There isn t much give for much else, which is fine.
    I stuck the pin there.

Ha, I get you. Think it's designed for a credit card to tell the truth! If you put the sim ejector in there, you could have some serious difficulties getting it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I poked a little hole... its fairly firm in there..!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DanC90 wrote: »
    When your on the lock screen place your thumb over the sensors on the top of the phone (camera, speaker, etc.) and it will show you a message letting you know your in pocket mode and you swipe from the bottom to show the settings to turn it off.

Not letting me do anything in pocket mode. Says to press volume up and the back button to quit the function but all that does is turn the volume up

I poked a little hole... its fairly firm in there..!

You could have just set the clip into the plastic part of the case and then set the phone in on top of it? get to carry it and not butcher your locely leather case!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Metalpanic

If anyone has purchased their Orzly tempered glass screen protector from G-HUB on Amazon;

I contacted them about the glass lifting and they told me Orzly are working on an updated version and have offered to replace the first generation. They said it would be a few weeks before they take delivery so I will post with an update then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Metalpanic wrote: »
    If anyone has purchased their Orzly tempered glass screen protector from G-HUB on Amazon;

I contacted them about the glass lifting and they told me Orzly are working on an updated version and have offered to replace the first generation. They said it would be a few weeks before they take delivery so I will post with an update then.
    Cool will try the same I keep having to wedge it under the edge of the cover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Did anyone order a spare Dash C charger online yet from .... ebay or phone house etc..?

I forgot to bring charger to work, and to charge it last night..
    saying that... Its tuesday morning here and I still have 40% left in the phone from a sunday night charging..

edit... I forgot to add, the OnePlus 3 website is out of stock, which is why I am looking at other sources..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

After having the phone for 6 weeks, I finally ordered an otter box, direct from otter yesterday :)

I was waiting to find a discount code that worked, but I got one by signing up to the newsletter. Total cost was €26.99 and it shipped late last night!

Anyone have previous experience with this crowd on how long delivery will be? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Mine took about a week direct from otterbox.

Mine took about a week direct from otterbox.

I can wait that long :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Does shaking the phone have any effect?

I notice that if I'm out for a run, TuneIn Radio shuts itself off repeatedly. Doesn't happen at any other time.

Anyone notice any issues with the dual SIM? I live in Spain and have my Spanish SIM in slot one and my UK o2 SIM in slot two, but deactivated. Any time I restart the phone, it gives me warning messages about losing data roaming etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Another quick question. Coming from an S5 and I can mute incoming call by placing screen facing down which is handy. Any option or app that will do this on the 3?

My Otter box arrived today anyway.
    Pretty quick seeing as I ordered it on Monday and it shipped from NL :)

It's gonna take a while to get used of a case, seeing that the last one I had was on an S II back in 2011 :D

If you want to recreate the look and feel of the new Nexus Launcher, but already have Nova and want to keep it, this video from XDA shows how to get the look :)

It's a bit long winded, but someone might get a use out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Metalpanic

Spigen case is on their site now.

http://www.spigen.com/products/oneplus-3-case-rugged-armor

Thinking of getting it. I just can't see myself keeping the Orzly case on long term. The TPU sections not covered by the hard plastic are beginning to lose the tight fit to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Thinking of getting it. I just can't see myself keeping the Orzly case on long term. The TPU sections not covered by the hard plastic are beginning to lose the tight fit to the phone.

Just ordered one. I'm the same as you. Feel my Orzly case is already getting loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

pedatron wrote: »
    Just ordered one. I'm the same as you. Feel my Orzly case is already getting loose.

Which site did you order it from...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johneeee

28064212 wrote: »
    Anybody have this on Meteor? Are you able to get 4G? I have a 4G SIM and a 4G plan, but have only seen 3G/H in the status bar, even in central Dublin. Preferred Network type is set to "LTE (Recommended)"

Am on Meteor 4G. Just got the phone 3 days ago & have yet to see 4G displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I get 4g fine with meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Johneeee wrote:

Did you go into the mobile networks settings and set 4g as the preferred connection? Also go into network operators and search it again and pick automatically choose, that's the way I have mine set up and I get 4g showing up on mine a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Johneeee wrote: »
    Do this first:
    DanC90 wrote: »
    Did you go into the mobile networks settings and set 4g as the preferred connection? Also go into network operators and search it again and pick automatically choose, that's the way I have mine set up and I get 4g showing up on mine a lot
    But if you still don't get 4G, contact the Meteor reps on Boards. I had to do that, they did something to my account, and I had no problem getting 4G afterwards

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

pedatron wrote: »

Apologies but where did you order this from? US or EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OnePlus-Spigen%C2%AE-Resilient-Ultimate-protection/dp/B01H3PEWDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470654489&sr=8-1&keywords=K03CS20615

they look the same for £5.99

Sorry it was from amazon! Should be here tomorrow!

Apologies but where did you order this from? US or EU?

Amazon.co.uk £5.99

Spigen case arrived. Very happy with it. Same idea as the one plus x case I had before. Does the job I want it to and it held its shape up until I dropped it down the toilet so hopefully this one does the same! Thumbs up from me!

Why are you going to drop the new one down a toilet?
    That's odd...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

Had an issue printing off this. Was trying to print a DHL PDF label and it printed out the address in a bunch of zeros.

My friend called and his iPhone 6 printed the PDF fine when I emailed it to him?

Any ideas? Im using a Canon printer that's up to date software wise and tries printing from Google PDF viewer and the Adobe viewer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement