Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Was anyone at ploughing today to ask what's the story with the 25% off for travel until May 31 ? Was hoping it was a misprint ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Newonhere

I really don't think that it's a misprint, I booked my crossing today going out on 31st May back on 22nd June using the ploughing discount link, there was the 25% discount for the outbound crossing but not for the return crossing but still a good saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

alowe wrote: »
    Do you think that you'd have enough time to see the IF schedule and price, send off for tesco tokens, and still have availability when tesco tokens arrive?

Do you want to use tesco vouchers to pay the €100 deposit? I booked last year before I'd cashed in any tesco tokens. They said I need to send them the €100 within a week, I think it took a bit longer than that though and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

redmissb wrote: »
    Do you want to use tesco vouchers to pay the €100 deposit? I booked last year before I'd cashed in any tesco tokens. They said I need to send them the €100 within a week, I think it took a bit longer than that though and it was fine.

I don't mind paying €100 deposit cash if required. I'm thinking ferry will cost approx €700/800, and at the moment i'd have about €500 in vouchers - but I don't want to cash in IF vouchers if they prove way too expensive and I end up needing to go with Stena, therefore need Stena vouchers! But i'm afraid that if I wait until tesco send out vouchers that the price/day I want with IF won't be available. (I'm probably over-thinking....)

But if you're happy with IF prices and pay the deposit you have plenty of time to send in the vouchers. Don't convert any vouchers until the prices are released. Or am I missing something?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

There's been a lot of posts here about tesco vouchers and their use. I would strongly advise people to read tesco website's terms and conditions or contact IF. There is a lot at risk!

webpal wrote: »
    There's been a lot of posts here about tesco vouchers and their use. I would strongly advise people to read tesco website's terms and conditions or contact IF. There is a lot at risk!

Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paulc1000

irish ferries 2016 dates and prices are up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

On the Tesco Tokens and Irish Ferries topic - I phoned IF today and based on that conversation this is what I am going to do -

When the Prices come out, I am going to book the Ferry and pay a Deposit by Card of €100. I will be able to avail of the Early Booking Discount. Then I am going to continue collecting Tesco Tokens and sometime in the New Year I am going to send my Tesco Tokens to Tesco to convert to Irish Ferries Boost Tokens. Then I will use those Boost Tokens towards the Balance owed to Irish Ferries. I can do this up to 42 days before sailing.

Hope this helps.

paulc1000 wrote: »

Just phoned there now and they won't let me book with the Tesco Tokens at all. Said that their system is not recognizing Tesco Tokens at the moment. Was put through to their Liverpool Office now and had been talking to someone in Dublin this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Filipa

paulc1000 wrote: »

Yes, and they have a 10% discount as well

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fulgencio

SusanC10 wrote: »
    On the Tesco Tokens and Irish Ferries topic - I phoned IF today and based on that conversation this is what I am going to do -

When the Prices come out, I am going to book the Ferry and pay a Deposit by Card of €100. I will be able to avail of the Early Booking Discount. Then I am going to continue collecting Tesco Tokens and sometime in the New Year I am going to send my Tesco Tokens to Tesco to convert to Irish Ferries Boost Tokens. Then I will use those Boost Tokens towards the Balance owed to Irish Ferries. I can do this up to 42 days before sailing.

Hope this helps.

I dont think you can do that. When i booked last year, they told me that if i didnt use the tokens from the start, then i couldnt pay the balance off with them.

fulgencio wrote: »
    I dont think you can do that. When i booked last year, they told me that if i didnt use the tokens from the start, then i couldnt pay the balance off with them.

This is what i'm worried over. Not to worry, thanks for the alert about prices. Will ring and see if I can pay deposit and tesco vouchers later.... or if not, will apply for tokens this evening.

This is what i'm worried over. Not to worry, thanks for the alert about prices. Will ring and see if I can pay deposit and tesco vouchers later.... or if not, will apply for tokens this evening.

Have just booked on the phone exactly as I outlined above earlier.

As posted earlier, you can do this you just need to make the booking over the phone instead of online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fulgencio

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Have just booked on the phone exactly as I outlined above earlier.

SusanC10 - did you mention to them that you would be using Tesco Tokens towards the balance when you were booking?

SusanC10 - did you mention to them that you would be using Tesco Tokens towards the balance when you were booking?

Yes and the Price increased by €50 to reflect that but that is fine as I should have approx €500 in Boost Tokens by Feb/Mar.

Sorry I misunderstood your post earlier, you can pay deposit by card or vouchers but I think you're right and you need to tell them when making the booking you will be using tesco vouchers as there is an additional charge of €20 each way for paying with them.

The prices are a bit more expensive than I hoped for mid June, we have a trailer too and it's pushing the fare up a bit.

• Advertisement

The prices are a bit more expensive than I hoped for mid June, we have a trailer too and it's pushing the fare up a bit.

We are going 3rd week in June and it's a bit more than I had hoped but being able to use the Tesco tokens will help with that.

As posted earlier, you can do this you just need to make the booking over the phone instead of online.

Yip, have done this, thanks. Well hubbie did as I haven't had a spare second. The price was approx €70 more than I had quickly seen online, but I presume this is €20 each way extra plus an over the phone booking fee. Still, it allows us to pay with tesco vouchers upto 6 weeks before we travel.

Am looking forward to it now as it'll be our first time on IF. Prices were working out cheaper for us than stena.

Does anyone one if you can send back Irish ferries boost vouchers & swap for Stena boost vouchers instead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

After all my preparation I ended up paying €1,170 for my return sailings just now :mad:

Could have booked Stena Rosslare - Cherbourg return for €940 but the dates and times weren't good (arriving into Cherbourg at 16:30 is useless unless your destination is within 2-3 hours) so ended up IF Rosslare to Roscoff getting in at 10:30 and back on Brittany Ferries Roscoff to Cork getting in at 9:30am a day later than the Stena option would have permitted but for €1,170. I hope the fact they are more enjoyable ships than the Stena Horizon (better entertainment, food and boarding/room key process) and we'll have an extra day and a half in France will be worth the additional €230. It's done now so no point moaning about the price/buyers remorse but man I do miss 2014 when I got over and back on LD Lines and IF with cabins etc for just over €500 :eek:

After all my preparation I ended up paying €1,170 for my return sailings just now :mad:

Could have booked Stena Rosslare - Cherbourg return for €940 but the dates and times weren't good (arriving into Cherbourg at 16:30 is useless unless your destination is within 2-3 hours) so ended up IF Rosslare to Roscoff getting in at 10:30 and back on Brittany Ferries Roscoff to Cork getting in at 9:30am a day later than the Stena option would have permitted but for €1,170. I hope the fact they are more enjoyable ships than the Stena Horizon (better entertainment, food and boarding/room key process) and we'll have an extra day and a half in France will be worth the additional €230. It's done now so no point moaning about the price/buyers remorse but man I do miss 2014 when I got over and back on LD Lines and IF with cabins etc for just over €500 :eek:

I feel your pain !

My plan has gone down the toilet too - think we will sail out with Brittany on June 25 and home with Stena on July 8 ? Want to start holiday on decent ship - not too pushed how we get home - plus gives us a chance to try Brittany - supposed to be nice ?

It's going to cost €1116 but hope to use tesco boost to pay Stena so that might reduce cost by €200 - €300. It's still nearly twice what we paid last year :(

Irish ferries were most expensive this year so won't travel with them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

At them prices surely landbridging it has to be more sense.

Quazzie wrote: »
    At them prices surely landbridging it has to be more sense.

I don't know ? Will Have a nearly 5 and nearly 4yr old with us - don't want to be in the car for too long?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

aquarius10 wrote: »
    I don't know ? Will Have a nearly 5 and nearly 4yr old with us - don't want to be in the car for too long?

what part of france are you heading to?

IF is working out at 150 more expensive than brittany for me, however, the dates are more agreeable as I'll essentially get 2 extra days in france so I'm willing to take the hit.

• Advertisement

Advertisement