Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭I carried a watermelon

webpal wrote: »
    You can get up to 40% off 2016 hols before 3 December with Eurocamp using this code - 16GSIE01

Discount code not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Discount code not working for me

Try phoning Eurocamp. They are very helpful on the phone and applied the discounts. We have now booked that part of our holiday. 021 - 4252300. They are available on the phone today until 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

When booking a camping type holiday in France do you book by the week (say, Saturday to Saturday) or are the arrival dates flexible (say, arrive on a Thursday and leave on the Tuesday week)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Phoebas wrote: »
    When booking a camping type holiday in France do you book by the week (say, Saturday to Saturday) or are the arrival dates flexible (say, arrive on a Thursday and leave on the Tuesday week)?

Very flexible. Arrive whenever you want for however many days you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Depends on the operator of the site. If it's an independent owner managed site they can be very flexible. If it's owned and/or run by a professional operator like Siblu they are more likely to have fixed arrival and departure dates in order to maximise occupancy levels. People arriving and leaving on ad hoc dates tends to result in mobile homes being empty (and thus not producing income) for a few days at a time between someone leaving on a Tuesday and the next people arriving on a Saturday for example. Single switchover days also help streamline logistics as the camp operator can outsource the cleaning of X mobile homes to a cleaning company once a week rather than having a few every day of the week.

Flexible arrival and departure dates are great for us as holiday makers if you you can get them though, it gives you much more flexibility for booking ferry's etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

http://www.camping-lasirene.fr/

Any one been here?
    Thinking of booking it.
    They've put in some pretty cool water slides in 2014 so my kids will love it.

Not sure how to say this without offending anyone (each to their own and all that) but I don't want a big GAA crowd here as this happened to us last time in France and I may as well have been in Courtown / Burdoran / Tramore.

Reports on rollercoaster said it was noisy at night but then reports on Tripadvisor said that this was managed this year with no noise allowed after midnight.

Anyway if any one has been & could let me know what they thought that would be great.

Kids will be 10, 8 & 5 by next Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Interested in replies also we are considering La Sirene for next year. We stayed in Les Brunelles this year and it'll be hard to beat for water slides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I remember going there when I was younger, maybe around 13-14 years ago, and we loved it (kids at the time). They had great shows on every night, good pool and near to some fun attractions (think there was a pretty good water park near by).

There was a mixture of various European groups there with both English and Irish being well represented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

redmissb wrote: »
    Interested in replies also we are considering La Sirene for next year. We stayed in Les Brunelles this year and it'll be hard to beat for water slides.

That's in the Vendée yeah?
    Stayed there in 2012 (different campsite) and the weather wasn't great - hence going further south this year.
    (think I recognise your name from the LD Lines thread?)

Hi all,

Stena's ploughing championship discount should be published next Tuesday Sept 22nd. The 2014 offer was published on https://www.stenaline.ie/showoffer and the 2015 offer on https://www.stenaline.ie/plough. Hopefully they'll do something similar this year.

Just checked the ferry prices again for next year (4X4 + 2 adults, 2 kids and a 4 berth outside cabin each way) out and back in July 2016.

Irish Ferry's - Dates not available. Called them and they said the dates should be published next week.

Stena Rosslare to Cherbourg- €960

Britanny Ferries Cork to Roscoff - €1,253.

25% off Stena would leave the roundtrip at €720 which I'll happily take. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Irish Ferries are very slow - called them last week and they said that the Schedule and Prices would be out before the end of this week (tomorrow). A friend who also goes to France called also last week and they told her it would be before the end of November !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Very quick one, I am booking for 2 adults and 2 children which are out of school....

My sister in law wants to join but she has 1 child in school, not finished till June 24th, I done a quick price on Eurocamp and looks like up from 900 to 2500 for some places, is it really that big of a jump?

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Very quick one, I am booking for 2 adults and 2 children which are out of school....

My sister in law wants to join but she has 1 child in school, not finished till June 24th, I done a quick price on Eurocamp and looks like up from 900 to 2500 for some places, is it really that big of a jump?

How many nights are you going for ?

Would your sister-in-law consider taking the child out of school early ?

Eurocamp have flexible arrival and departure dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

SusanC10 wrote: »
    How many nights are you going for ?

Would your sister-in-law consider taking the child out of school early ?

Was going to do 14 nights, she said maybe a few days extra....possible to miss the last week....

Just checked the ferry prices again for next year (4X4 + 2 adults, 2 kids and a 4 berth outside cabin each way) out and back in July 2016.

Irish Ferry's - Dates not available. Called them and they said the dates should be published next week.

How did IF Prices compare to Stena / Brittany last year ?

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Was going to do 14 nights, she said maybe a few days extra....possible to miss the last week....

The prices seem to jump at the end of June alright. I would phone Eurocamp. They are v helpful. I booked our trip on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Hi all,

Stena's ploughing championship discount should be published next Tuesday Sept 22nd. The 2014 offer was published on https://www.stenaline.ie/showoffer and the 2015 offer on https://www.stenaline.ie/plough. Hopefully they'll do something similar this year.

25% off Stena would leave the roundtrip at €720 which I'll happily take. Fingers crossed.

I clicked on that link Jean and I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing. I hope this isn't what they are offering for 2016

TFhfW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

I clicked on that link Jean and I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing. I hope this isn't what they are offering for 2016

TFhfW.jpg

I put in dates out in may and back in june and only got the 25% off for the outward sailing. Without a discount for june/july it means Irish Ferries for me.The discount made stena bearable but not now.

I put in dates out in may and back in june and only got the 25% off for the outward sailing. Without a discount for june/july it means Irish Ferries for me.The discount made stena bearable but not now.

Hopefully it might be just a temporary blip until next week, fingers crossed because it is a good saver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Not a "F*** you" as such I would say, it's just that your travel schedule won't fall into their discounted sailing schedule as it stands. I'm hoping it will change but they cant exactly tailor make it for every customer

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

This is a disaster!!!! I hope it's an error???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

aquarius10 wrote: »
    This is a disaster!!!! I hope it's an error???

Travel until end of May?! That's that then. Would take Stena again with a good discount but not for a hundred or so less than IF.

TFhfW.jpg

Sorry Miley, looks like I messed up. I read the two links as the offers for the last two years i.e. the Sept 2013 PC giving discounts into 2014 and the 2014 PC giving discounts into 2015. It didn't register with me that the 2nd link could be this years PC discount valid on a restricted basis to the end of May this time.

I guess with more demand (improving economy) they don't have a problem filling their schedule in June, July and August.

Feck it anyway.

Given the PC hasn't even started yet is there any chance the Stena offer will change on Tuesday when the PC actually starts?

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    Travel until end of May?! That's that then. Would take Stena again with a good discount but not for a hundred or so less than IF.
    Yep, me too. I'd pay an extra €150 to go IF Vs Stena. The boarding is smoother (get your cabin passes when you checkin at the port) and the entertainment for kids and adults is a bit of craic. The cabins aren't actually as good as Stena (particularly the beds) IMHO but even so I'd book IF unless it was more than €150 more than Stena. €150 buys a good few bottles of wine for the way home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Typically how much of a booking deposit do you have to pay initially with IF and Stena? Presumably you then need to pay the balance a few weeks before you travel or does everything have to be paid up front to secure your place?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

NickTellis wrote: »
    Typically how much of a booking deposit do you have to pay initially with IF and Stena? Presumably you then need to pay the balance a few weeks before you travel or does everything have to be paid up front to secure your place?

€100 deposit usually.

Does anyone else think that the reason for Stena only having the Discount until end of May 2016 and also IF not yet releasing their Prices is to do with the Euro 2016 in France next summer ? And waiting to see if Ireland qualify ?

We are new to getting the Ferry to France so only speculating here.

• Advertisement

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that the reason for Stena only having the Discount until end of May 2016 and also IF not yet releasing their Prices is to do with the Euro 2016 in France next summer ? And waiting to see if Ireland qualify ?

We are new to getting the Ferry to France so only speculating here.

That may well be a contributing factor. I guess they only need to offer discounts if they feels they can't attract enough full fare paying passengers. If there's going to be enough demand at full fare as a result of an improving economy and a once off event like the World Cup they would only be cannibalising their revenue by giving discounts. No commercial logic in that!!

Advertisement