Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I really wish Irish ferries would get the finger out and open up the booking for next year.

I'm half tempted to just book with brittany, but I'd love to try and get the extra couple of days onto the holiday by travelling with IF, particularly when we're going driving so far south.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If Ireland qualify, we won't need a ferry at all. Just walk on water across to France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

SO maybe I am getting this wrong, when I looked at this when I first posted the Stena ferry was 444 for the dates. I take it there is no Stena discount. I just rechecked using the same dates and it is still 444 for us, am I correct then there is no need to add in discount code etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    SO maybe I am getting this wrong, when I looked at this when I first posted the Stena ferry was 444 for the dates. I take it there is no Stena discount. I just rechecked using the same dates and it is still 444 for us, am I correct then there is no need to add in discount code etc?
    stena discount only via the link and only till end of may.

so if you are using the normal page and looking to travel at the height of the summer, of course theres no discount .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Irish Ferries are now inviting people to register their Interest in France 2016.

Here is the Link

http://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/France-2016-Interest/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Oh God - I didn't think of that :( Well, have signed up now anyway so let's see what the prices are like.

Just a question on the Tesco Tokens so that I am 100% clear on how they work - so for argument's sake , I have €100 worth of Tesco tokens. I convert them to Irish Ferries Boost Tokens which are then worth €400. Irish Ferries add €40 to the normal price (€20 each way) and then deduct my €400. If I phone Irish Ferries I can pay €100 deposit on my card and the balance (using the Tesco Tokens and card) 42 days before travel. And if I phone them I can also use the early booking discount ?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Oh God - I didn't think of that :( Well, have signed up now anyway so let's see what the prices are like.

Just a question on the Tesco Tokens so that I am 100% clear on how they work - so for argument's sake , I have €100 worth of Tesco tokens. I convert them to Irish Ferries Boost Tokens which are then worth €400. Irish Ferries add €40 to the normal price (€20 each way) and then deduct my €400. If I phone Irish Ferries I can pay €100 deposit on my card and the balance (using the Tesco Tokens and card) 42 days before travel. And if I phone them I can also use the early booking discount ?

Thanks in advance.
    Best check tescos website, as far as I'm aware you have to submit your tokens within 5 days of booking, you won't be able to use another discount code either.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

SusanC10 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Check on this link from another thread which I saw before and I hope is correct - I don't know how to quote from another post on a difference thread - ;(

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057267331/31/#post94770903
    redmissb wrote: »
    . You don't have to pay in full anymore. You can send in your tesco vouchers up until a month or so before travel. Definitely not a waste of clubcard points! You need to book over the phone though. Also you'll get the early booking discount when booking with tesco vouchers.

aquarius10 wrote: »
    Check on this link from another thread which I saw before and I hope is correct - I don't know how to quote from another post on a difference thread - ;(

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057267331/31/#post94770903
    . You don't have to pay in full anymore. You can send in your tesco vouchers up until a month or so before travel. Definitely not a waste of clubcard points! You need to book over the phone though. Also you'll get the early booking discount when booking with tesco vouchers.

Fingers crossed what redmissb said is the position ! Thanks for posting aquarius :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

That's how I booked last year, I got the 10% early booking discount and used tesco vouchers to pay the deposit. I then sent in vouchers as I got them over the year. You have to book over the phone to do it that way though.

frash wrote: »
    That's in the Vendée yeah?
    Stayed there in 2012 (different campsite) and the weather wasn't great - hence going further south this year.
    (think I recognise your name from the LD Lines thread?)

Yes I was on the LD Lines thread, doubt we'll ever get to France that cheaply again!
    Les Brunelles is in the Vendee, Longeville sur Mer. I was concerned about the weather this year as we normally go further south but we really struck gold..blistering heat every day for 16 days in mid June..we were so lucky. Debating whether to go back there next year or go south:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Booked La Sirene for next Summer
    Will report back then

Any idea what weather is like end of May? was going to head for last 2 weeks of May or am I better taking the first 2 weeks in June?

Whereabouts in France? I wouldn't chance May myself but you might be lucky.

Whereabouts in France? I wouldn't chance May myself but you might be lucky.

Probably St Jean de Monts

Booked La Sirene for next Summer
    Will report back then

as a matter of interest, did you book via that website quoted earlier? I keep getting back "no results found" - I know that its possible to book via eurocamp though.

the reason I ask is that we may have already booked via eurocamp, but have another family who are interested in travelling at the same time.

as a matter of interest, did you book via that website quoted earlier? I keep getting back "no results found" - I know that its possible to book via eurocamp though.

the reason I ask is that we may have already booked via eurocamp, but have another family who are interested in travelling at the same time.

Are you not sure if you've booked or is that a typo?

I booked with Lifestyle Holidays
    They were recommended by Hello France

Got it for €800 cheaper than KelAir were offering

lol, sorry, In work so my attention is divided, and I definitely am booked!

thanks for those links, I'll follow up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Any idea what weather is like end of May? was going to head for last 2 weeks of May or am I better taking the first 2 weeks in June?

depends where you are going as France is huge so south will be warmer than north in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Save 15% on ferry travel

Book a minimum of 4 nights accommodation (chalet camping, self-catering accommodation or hotels) with us and we guarantee a saving of 15% on all Cork - Roscoff regular ferry fares (excluding special offers and promotions) and on onboard accommodation prices.

Travelling direct from Cork to Roscoff , arriving on a Sunday, we can make special arrangements for your arrival at properties with a Saturday changeover.

If you prefer a property with a changeover day during the week, we can book the required number of nights in a hotel en route if you wish. Or you may wish to select accommodation sold by the night where you can arrive any day.

Price promise

We guarantee to quote you the lowest ferry fare available for your sailings (valid only at time of quotation).

How to book
    Call our Reservations Team on 021 427 7801

see http://www.brittanyferries.ie/holidays/save-15-per-cent-on-ferry-travel

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Hi guys, going there 1st 2 weeks of june with friends who were there this year and said it was a fantastic site. We normally book with Eurocamp but got a 3bed mobile with A/C+decking for 11nights for €405 with lifestyle hols. Eurocamp was €750...

Hi guys, going there 1st 2 weeks of june with friends who were there this year and said it was a fantastic site. We normally book with Eurocamp but got a 3bed mobile with A/C+decking for 11nights for €405 with lifestyle hols. Eurocamp was €750...

Good to hear they liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Just rang Irish Ferries and they said timetable for France next summer will be up probably next week and more than likely will have the 10% early booking discount. Hopefully prices will remain the same as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Anyone know how much IF was for first 2 weeks in June last year? and how much a cabin is (the 2 or 3 star ones)? I'm trying to gauge whether to go over and back with IF, or over with IF and back with Stena, which will be all price dependant.

I'm wondering whether to cash in all my tesco vouchers now so I can have them ready to go when IF announces their time-table, rather than having to wait for tesco to send them in the post and risk missing out on the day with IF I want to travel!

Just rang Irish Ferries and they said timetable for France next summer will be up probably next week and more than likely will have the 10% early booking discount. Hopefully prices will remain the same as usual.

They told me same thing about 2 weeks ago - wish they would just release prices so we can decide who to travel with

alowe wrote: »
    Anyone know how much IF was for first 2 weeks in June last year? and how much a cabin is (the 2 or 3 star ones)? I'm trying to gauge whether to go over and back with IF, or over with IF and back with Stena, which will be all price dependant.

I'm wondering whether to cash in all my tesco vouchers now so I can have them ready to go when IF announces their time-table, rather than having to wait for tesco to send them in the post and risk missing out on the day with IF I want to travel!

Went with them on 15 June last year and came home with Stena 28 June - return trip for about €500 with Stena ploughing discount and early booking with IF

Had a 2* 4 berth inside cabin each way but have to say Stena cabin much bigger and beds more comfortable than IF. However IF have better seating areas & more for kids ? Will get a better cabin this year as the 2* is very basic & cramped.

So I'll book whoever has best price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

aquarius10 wrote: »
    Went with them on 15 June last year and came home with Stena 28 June - return trip for about €500 with Stena ploughing discount and early booking with IF

Had a 2* 4 berth inside cabin each way but have to say Stena cabin much bigger and beds more comfortable than IF. However IF have better seating areas & more for kids ? Will get a better cabin this year as the 2* is very basic & cramped.

So I'll book whoever has best price

Never used 2 star on IF but their 3 star is pretty similar to what I had on Stena. Worth the extra as its a much more pleasant ship,

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Do you think that you'd have enough time to see the IF schedule and price, send off for tesco tokens, and still have availability when tesco tokens arrive?

• Advertisement

I currently only have €40 in boost vouchers for IF and if price is right I plan to book IF to Sail to France and use boost vouchers to pay off balance when I get more clubcard vouchers before Xmas. Should have €200 more in boost by Xmas and then some more next spring

Might sail home with Stena and use a 10% discount we have for them - they currently costing €459 with 3* outside cabin on 8 July - it all depends on the prices of IF and who's cheaper ?

Brittany are about €1178 return for similar dates - which isn't a bad price compared to Stena

Think the trip will cost about €1000 return with 3* cabins with IF out & Stena home and if I can get €200 or €300 off with Tesco for IF it will then reduce to around €700 ? Fingers crossed

Advertisement