Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    I've taken some really nice pics with my Nexus 5x but the battery has started to struggle in the last 2 weeks. I'm away on vacation in a 1.5 weeks so I won't have enough time to wait on delivery ( according to oneplus support). I was thinking about the Galaxy S8 but it has an uninstallable Facebook app. HTC U11 might be an option

I have an S8 and no Facebook app

Synode wrote: »

The S8 has an amazing battery for now, it will get the life throttled out of it when the next major model comes out.

Other than that though I don't like the S8 at all. Least user friendly galaxy handset since the line started as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't have an s7 but I've had everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've an S5 and I have to say it's a great phone. I'm on the 3rd battery now (battery life is very good), so after a year or so I replace the battery for about 12 quid.

Camera is good - I've got photos developed and the came out well. Have showbox on it and mobdro so I'm covered for sports and movies.

Have it 3 years now and still love it. Wouldn't mind a change later this year but would need one with a removable battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Synode wrote: »

huh. i was messing around with it on thursday and there was an uninstallable facebook app. otherwise I would have bought it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I have decided that Jacksonville are my team

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    I have decided that Jacksonville are my team

I just don't get American football

In my mind huddles are uncontested scrums and touchdowns are tries but the rest is a mystery

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Stheno wrote: »
    I just don't get American football

In my mind huddles are uncontested scrums and touchdowns are tries but the rest is a mystery

Ah its a great sport but it helps to have someone explaining it all at first.

Pats just not getting their hands on the ball.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ah its a great sport but it helps to have someone explaining it all at first.

Pats just not getting their hands on the ball.

Brady being shut down. And the pats losing their player to concussion didn’t help.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That delay of game penalty on the Jags in the first half was a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here but I think Cian Healy made a knife as a present for Nadolo? Wasn't even aware they were friends.

https://twitter.com/nemani_nadolo/status/955068900252798976?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He was trying to sneak up behind him but he got caught so he had to pretend it was a present. Fair play to him for getting away with it.

That delay of game penalty on the Jags in the first half was a game changer.

You get the annoying feeling that no matter what the deficit was NE would have done just enough to get over the line. But in retrospect yeah, that made a huge difference - and a delay of game after a timeout is inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The opportunity was there after the strip sack. To give possession back after the first set of downs and only take 60 seconds off the clock was unforgivable.

Better team won. I can't see past e NE win in a fortnight regardless of what happened in the other game. If Wentz was available, then maybe but he's not. I don't see Nick Foles as a Superbowl winning QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I can't believe the NFC scoreline. Vikings D were destroyed.

Buer wrote: »
    I can't see past e NE win in a fortnight regardless of what happened in the other game.

Me neither.

Sad day for the good guys.

This is nice. Zach Ertz's wife scored for the US women's national team at the same time he was qualifying for the superbowl.

https://twitter.com/ussoccer_wnt/status/955275403408523264

Talented family. I'd destroy them at Scrabble though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bazzo wrote: »
    I'm not sure what exactly is going on here but I think Cian Healy made a knife as a present for Nadolo? Wasn't even aware they were friends.

Healy's big into making knives now apparently, posts a lot on his Instagram about it.

Nadolo seems friendly with a few of the Leinster lads I think Heaslip or one of the other lads posted on social media with him the last time Montpellier were over here too.

Healy's big into making knives now apparently, posts a lot on his Instagram about it.

Nadolo seems friendly with a few of the Leinster lads I think Heaslip or one of the other lads posted on social media with him the last time Montpellier were over here too.

Yeah Nadolo very friendly with the Leinster team, he was even giving some of the younger Leinster lads piggy back rides around the Altrad.

I can just imagine
    Cian Healy has been banned from all professional sport, and will appear in court some time next summer after being charged with multiple counts of harrassment and assault.

This follows leaks of threatening text messages that were sent to opposition players.

"Just wait until I catch you after the game, I have a knife with your name on it, mate."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just had to book tickets for a train journey using my wife's mac book.

Wow....

How the fcuk does anyone use these yokes? I have never met a more user unfriendly machine in my life. Want to move down the page? Yeah there is no sidebar. You have to jiggle your finger about on the mousepad and hope one appears.
    I clicked on the payment amount and it performed a Web search for the amount. Seriously?

Jesus apple are the biggest pains in the hole for creating nonsense I've ever seen. Want to set up a new iPhone or Ipad? You'll be using up 4 days of your annual leave. Password questions - what was the colour of your first employers 3rd car that they bought for their middle child?

TLDR - Fùck off Apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

mfceiling wrote: »

Wow....

How the fcuk does anyone use these yokes? I have never met a more user unfriendly machine in my life. Want to move down the page? Yeah there is no sidebar. You have to jiggle your finger about on the mousepad and hope one appears.
    I clicked on the payment amount and it performed a Web search for the amount. Seriously?

Jesus apple are the biggest pains in the hole for creating nonsense I've ever seen. Want to set up a new iPhone or Ipad? You'll be using up 4 days of your annual leave. Password questions - what was the colour of your first employers 3rd car that they bought for their middle child?

TLDR - Fùck off Apple.

You scroll on macbooks (and a lot of modern laptops) by dragging two fingers across the touchpad. I have a healthy amount of hate for Apple and refuse to use their products but generally I think their UI is quite good if you're used to it, just different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

mfceiling wrote: »

Wow....

TLDR - Fùck off Apple.

MS-DOS_5.00.409_Beta.png

Your computer, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

swiwi_ wrote: »
    MS-DOS_5.00.409_Beta.png

Your computer, huh?
    It hasn't gone away you know. :D

Haven't owned anything but a macbook for 9 years now. Some of that is because of my job but I find them far easier to use than any other machine I ever owned, just have to get used to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Always swore I'd never go near a mac until my last workplace threw a macbook pro at me. Haven't looked back.

dregin wrote: »
    Always swore I'd never go near a mac until my last workplace threw a macbook pro at me. Haven't looked back.
    Concussion can be a terrible thing. Neck injuries too I believe. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

MS-DOS_5.00.409_Beta.png

Your computer, huh?

rock solid :cool:

MS-DOS_5.00.409_Beta.png

Your computer, huh?

dir
    run wolfenstein.exe
    ctrl_break
    run wolfenstein.bat

dir
    run wolfenstein.exe
    ctrl_break
    run wolfenstein.bat
    'run' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

prawnsambo wrote: »
    'run' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. :pac:

Shouldn't there be a / in front ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement