Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Is... is that Paul Kimmage?

Yep, but he's sh1t at it cos he won't take PEDs. Fishing is rife with it, I'm telling you... the next big scandal in sport.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Yep, but he's sh1t at it cos he won't take PEDs. Fishing is rife with it, I'm telling you... the next big scandal in sport.

latest?cb=20120723200914

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I had a mini LAN over the Christmas break and a decent sized LAN the year before.

Growing up though and into my 20's had some absolutely massive LAN's - upto 10 players and a unending supply of pizza, buckfast and burger bites.

Those were glorious, incredibly smelly days.

Having LANs in your house with CRTs was always something of a logistical nightmare. And Christ the room got hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I always remember that coming later. I had been to LAN parties as early as 1992 but I don't remember modem play until 95/96 and it was an online version of Quake.

I used to go to real parties with girls and beer and stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mfceiling wrote: »
    I used to go to real parties with girls and beer and stuff.

When I was in training in the nineties in a tech firm we turned our lab into a LAN for gaming.

When we were found out we got threatened with the sack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

We were allowed play Counterstrike in the school's computer lab. I actually made a map of the whole school. Looking back on it now, I can't think that a game where you run round a school shooting people would go down to well at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

dregin wrote: »
    We were allowed play Counterstrike in the school's computer lab. I actually made a map of the whole school. Looking back on it now, I can't think that a game where you run round a school shooting people would go down to well at all...

Vaguely recall hearing about people being expelled / arrested for doing that in the States. Might just be urban legends though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I thought you guys were all jocks, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I never did a PhD or anything but I remember from college that one of the main perks seemed to be you got your own PC, and hence the opportunity to play COD2 or whatever it was at the time over LAN with your fellow PhD candidates. They didn't seem to do much work.

I never did a PhD or anything but I remember from college that one of the main perks seemed to be you got your own PC, and hence the opportunity to play COD2 or whatever it was at the time over LAN with your fellow PhD candidates. They didn't seem to do much work.

Sounds like a PHD alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Those supervisors should all be fired!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Anyone hear about this? Supermarket chain in France reduced Nutella by 70%. The video amazes me.
    "People just rushed in, shoving everyone, breaking things. It was like an orgy,"
    https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2018/0126/936130-nutella-rows-france/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

DGRulz wrote: »
    Anyone hear about this? Supermarket chain in France reduced Nutella by 70%. The video amazes me.

That’s nuts so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

To be fair it is savage stuff. It's like crystal meth for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Speaking of kids taking drugs I heard this story yesterday and found it hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

917tT3%2BZXnL._SY550_.jpg

Once you’ve had this stuff you’ll never touch the poor man’s Nutella again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Is anyone following Damian Browne’s row across the Atlantic? He’s been at it about six weeks now and is about 70% there.
    Extraordinary effort and endurance

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He's an absolute legend. Beyond my comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

He's an absolute legend. Beyond my comprehension.

I’m wondering why the Leinster players aren’t saying much about it on twitter etc

durkadurka wrote: »
    I’m wondering why the Leinster players aren’t saying much about it on twitter etc

I definitely saw one of them tweet about it before (might have been Heaslip?) but yeah, would be nice if more of them chimed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I definitely saw one of them tweet about it before (might have been Heaslip?) but yeah, would be nice if more of them chimed in.
    I saw Gordon D'Arcy and Bernard Jackman tweeting about it. But there's not much activity on Damian's twitter, so perhaps it's all happening on facepalm or some such social meeja that I don't use.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I saw Gordon D'Arcy and Bernard Jackman tweeting about it. But there's not much activity on Damian's twitter, so perhaps it's all happening on facepalm or some such social meeja that I don't use.

He's mainly using Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

durkadurka wrote: »

Craggy rugby did an interview with him before he set off if anyone's interested.

https://m.soundcloud.com/knockon-ie/battering-brive-craggy-rugby-podcast

27 mins or so into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

stephen_n wrote: »
    DGRulz wrote: »

That’s nuts so it is

Only 13% actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Went on a bit of a health kick for January. Cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and beer. Dropped 9kg. Having my first pint since New Years. My God it's good!!

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Went on a bit of a health kick for January. Cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and beer. Dropped 9kg. Having my first pint since New Years. My God it's good!!
    That's only impressive if you started out at less than 100Kg. ;)

Congrats! Great result. Now that game is to try to beat it in February. If you can beat it every month for the rest of the year you'll be light enough to pick up in one hand, and probably very very tiny. And at the end of the day that is a goal for all of us.

When he starts to look like this, he should stop. :D

happy-stick-figure.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Congrats!
    Out of curiosity did you abstain from all alcohol or replace the beer with something?
    I gave up alcohol, chocolate and eating after 7pm for January. Lost 8kg. (Started at 102kg)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

prawnsambo wrote: »
    When he starts to look like this, he should stop. :D

happy-stick-figure.png

Where did you get nudes of awec ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement