Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Steak? T-Bone or Ribeye on the bbq. Sorry lads but it has to be well done for me...and onions....like loads of onions. I don't care if they are fried, raw or boiled but loads of them.

Sausages now...the oul denny ones on a frying pan with sourdough toast and real butter is a Sunday morning go to in the mf house.

Apparently there is a famous butchers in moira (awec??)...he has won shed loads of awards for his sausages...fancy dan ones. Anyone tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

mfceiling wrote: »
    Steak? T-Bone or Ribeye on the bbq. Sorry lads but it has to be well done for me...and onions....like loads of onions. I don't care if they are fried, raw or boiled but loads of them.

Sausages now...the oul denny ones on a frying pan with sourdough toast and real butter is a Sunday morning go to in the mf house.

Apparently there is a famous butchers in moira (awec??)...he has won shed loads of awards for his sausages...fancy dan ones. Anyone tried them?

But do you poke or slice the sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Well done steak....why do that to a juicy steak? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Well done steak....why do that to a juicy steak? :(

Says the lúdar who eats ham and pear sammiches

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

But do you poke or slice the sausages

Neither. There was an ad on tele years ago and it was Gary Rhodes telling you to resist pricking them with a fork!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

FFS lads. I've had my dinner but I'm feckin starving for a good steak now! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Sorry lads but it has to be well done for me.

new-why-gif-485.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Steak? T-Bone or Ribeye on the bbq. Sorry lads but it has to be well done for me...

I've heard enough, banned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Steak? T-Bone or Ribeye on the bbq. Sorry lads but it has to be well done for me

FD9eZJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Wow AK! I'm impressed with your knowledge of steak. I expected you to be vegan. Being a winger.

• Advertisement

November 2018 for season 8 of GoT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I'm with mfceiling on this one folks, I was raised to say "well done, not burnt" when ordering a steak. Call it what you will but anything even slightly pink is raw to me. Needs to be served with chips, peas and ketchup too :D.

Anything over medium is burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

DGRulz wrote: »
    I'm with mfceiling on this one folks, I was raised to say "well done, not burnt" when ordering a steak. Call it what you will but anything even slightly pink is raw to me. Needs to be served with chips, peas and ketchup too :D.

You're both bad people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Anyone here heading to EP?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,149 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yip !

DGRulz wrote: »

You see I used to do this too as it was how I was brought up as well. And I never really got why people made such a fuss over steak. I always thought it was pretty flavourless crap. Then I had a friend convince me to go medium rare. And then I understood. The more you cook a steak the less flavour you get from it. To the point where when it's well done it's lost almost all of its flavour. Why would anyone cook a food to the point where it loses its flavour? I simply don't understand.

I-Dont-Understand-It-Leslie-Knope-Parks-and-Recreation.gif

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't recognise any of the bands at EP this year. The Dublin Gospel Choir are playing on Sunday, is that jesus music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone here heading to EP?

Yep, can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

awec wrote: »
    Don't recognise any of the bands at EP this year. The Dublin Gospel Choir are playing on Sunday, is that jesus music?

Surely 'The XX' awec. And I bet you'd recognise Duran Duran

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Surely 'The XX' awec. And I bet you'd recognise Duran Duran

Yea just spotted Duran Duran.

The XX rings a bell actually but I can't think of any of their songs.

I thought EP was a festival for young people?

Yea just spotted Duran Duran.

The XX rings a bell actually but I can't think of any of their songs.

I thought EP was a festival for young people?

No it's for aging hippies and young people who want to show how cool and alternative they are by going to non pop music festival.

My missus goes every year. I went once. It was very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I hear Oxegen is rebranding as some 80s festival aimed at old people, so the scrotes will now be descending upon EP.

I heard liquor companies are moving away from festivals and concerts aimed at younger people because kids these days don't drink. They are only interested in sponsoring events aimed at the older generations because we love the booze.

Speaking of which, the missus heads to EP, I have a new steak recipe to try, a couple of Cuban cigars and rugby kicks off this weekend. The question is; do I open the Talisker 12yr, the Teelings 12yr, Red Breast 18yr or the Chivas 25yr first?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I heard liquor companies are moving away from festivals and concerts aimed at younger people because kids these days don't drink. They are only interested in sponsoring events aimed at the older generations because we love the booze.

Speaking of which, the missus heads to EP, I have a new steak recipe to try, a couple of Cuban cigars and rugby kicks off this weekend. The question is; do I open the Talisker 12yr, the Teelings 12yr, Red Breast 18yr or the Chivas 25yr first?

Teelings 12y

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Redbreast 18.
    Like silk.

I've a few cubans in my humidor, I'm sure I'll enjoy one this weekend. Rugby on Friday, rugby on Saturday, hurling on Sunday. Perfect. :D

Do you know how I know you guys are rugby fans? You have humidors

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is that Teelings the one they call the Revival or something? Great whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I've a few cubans in my humidor

Don't you ever accuse anyone of being D4 again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement