Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gin Gin Gin

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Cocksy

i prefer gin in the cocktails with lemon juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

Don't know if it's been recommended yet but The Boatyard Distillery agin from Fermanagh is fabulous. Their gin and rhubarb cocktail was one of my all time favourite drinks, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Anyone try the new lidl gin ? Wild burrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

oblivious wrote: »
    Anyone try the new lidl gin ? Wild burrow?

That's not new. Been there for quite a while and is the same gin as Rabbit Island which it replaced. Made by West Cork Distillery.

I can't say I'm a fan.
    I really hate the way the bottle and label apes Gunpowder, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »
    Not anymore it doesn't. Green bottle now.

I haven't seen that.
    There seems to be very intermittent supply of that product.

I think Aldi chose a better Irish craft gin producer! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I haven't seen that.
    There seems to be very intermittent supply of that product.

I think Aldi chose a better Irish craft gin producer! ;)

You’d swear you knew him :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 SummerHaze

Monkey 47
    Bombay Sapphire
    Beefeater

SummerHaze wrote: »
    Monkey 47
    Bombay Sapphire
    Beefeater

What about them?

I was in Jacobs on the Mall tonight and they suggested the Barry’s Tea Gin. I really enjoyed it :)

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I was in Jacobs on the Mall tonight and they suggested the Barry’s Tea Gin. I really enjoyed it :)

Enjoy it while it's around!
    It's seasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

It's seasonal.

I'll consider it when they wake up and make a lyons one!! :pac:

It's seasonal.

I guessed as much. I’m getting a bottle as a Christmas pressie.

....... wrote: »
    Where is it being sold? There was none in my local Super Valu or off licence.

All good off licences!

Dunnes are stocking it.
    O Briens have it.

Where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Please Note:, If you are not already aware, The Beer Revolu either works for or owns the company that produces Boyles Gin and is sometimes overtly enthusiastic about his product(s) while unfortunately sometimes forgetting to acknowledge his interest. Also because of his job, he also has knowledge of most of the competition in the Gin market.
    Take what he says about them with a pinch of salt ;).

The Beer Revolu. Play fair please. You have a successful product, well done! Maybe it’s time you called the Boards sales department to discuss a mutually beneficial arrangement where you can actually talk about your products’ benefits here openly and support Boards at the same time!

The Gloomster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Well, i have zero affiliation with any gin producers and think Lidl gin is not very nice, much prefer the Aldi one.

Now Lidl, are you listening ? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Munt1core

I love Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin with cranberry juice

I have, from the beginning, declared my interest in Blackwater. I do not start any threads or conversations on Blackwater products but I do answer direct questions and give my opinions on other products, when asked.

This has been my personal account for rather a long time. I have no interest in a commercial account.

If it is deemed that I cannot talk about what I do when asked, so be it but I have never been guilty of pimping our products here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I have, from the beginning, declared my interest in Blackwater. I do not start any threads or conversations on Blackwater products but I do answer direct questions and give my opinions on other products, when asked.

This has been my personal account for rather a long time. I have no interest in a commercial account.

If it is deemed that I cannot talk about what I do when asked, so be it but I have never been guilty of pimping our products here.

About 20% of the posts on this thread are from yourself. As far as I can see, the last time you declared a direct interest in Blackwater was about a year ago. If you had been blatantly pushing your products, I'm sure you would have been sanctioned before this but in the interests of fairness, I'm just letting occasional posters/lurkers know you may have a slight bias. :P

You are obviously very proud of all your products (and rightly so). The opportunity to sing it from the rooftops right here on Boards - what new products you're bringing to market, how you are doing Awards-wise, new cocktail recipes you may come across that are suited to Blackwater products -
    the possibilities are endless! https://www.boards.ie/content/advertise :D

I think you’re being unfair if I’m honest. I enjoy this thread and what the beer revolu brings to it. Most of us here know he’s affiliated to Blackwater so I don’t see the problem, he’s still entitled to an opinion on other gins and I think that opinion has always been fair.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I think you’re being unfair if I’m honest. I enjoy this thread and what the beer revolu brings to it. Most of us here know he’s affiliated to Blackwater so I don’t see the problem, he’s still entitled to an opinion on other gins and I think that opinion has always been fair.

Agreed.

and I'm just agreeing because I'm hoping one day he'll invite me for dinner since we're practically neighbors.

Well, if you can bag me an invite too I’ll bring the Fevertree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

About 20% of the posts on this thread are from yourself. As far as I can see, the last time you declared a direct interest in Blackwater was about a year ago. If you had been blatantly pushing your products, I'm sure you would have been sanctioned before this but in the interests of fairness, I'm just letting occasional posters/lurkers know you may have a slight bias. :P

You are obviously very proud of all your products (and rightly so). The opportunity to sing it from the rooftops right here on Boards - what new products you're bringing to market, how you are doing Awards-wise, new cocktail recipes you may come across that are suited to Blackwater products -
    the possibilities are endless! https://www.boards.ie/content/advertise :D

Why are you posting in bold? Do you think it gives you additional authority?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Why are you posting in bold? Do you think it gives you additional authority?

Gloomtastic! is posting in bold because they are a moderator of this forum. And as per normal Boards rules, to avoid wandering off into major off-topic territory any queries relating to mod decisions are to be conveyed by PM, rather than on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Zaph wrote: »
    Gloomtastic! is posting in bold because they are a moderator of this forum. And as per normal Boards rules, to avoid wandering off into major off-topic territory any queries relating to mod decisions are to be conveyed by PM, rather than on-thread.

Ah ok can’t see mod status on mobile it seems.

I don’t actually see any mod decision in his bold postings, just some sarcastic ramblings so the use of bold would seem inappropriate.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Which none of us picked up upon because nowhere in the post does it state that they are a moderator. Nor in your post either (assuming you're a moderator too?).

I, for one, would like to thank The Beer Revolu for their very informative posts in this thread and long may they continue!

If that's the case it might have been an idea for gloomtastic to offer boards commercial services to beer in a PM instead of interrupting the flow of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

The perception* would be Lidl, who pay Boards.ie, wasnt happy.

* couldn't really give a ****e if right or not, but works out not the best for either imo.

Advertisement