Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gin Gin Gin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Today is Gin Day so I have treated myself to a bottle of Monkey 47. I was going to have it with Fevertree light tonic and some lime but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. I'm soooo looking forward to it :)

Sip it straight or with ice.
    Try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sip it straight or with ice.
    Try it.

I tried it neat and over ice. It was very nice both ways so thanks for that. Drinking it neat it reminded me a little bit of Berthas Revenge - am I going mad!!!!

I tried it neat and over ice. It was very nice both ways so thanks for that. Drinking it neat it reminded me a little bit of Berthas Revenge - am I going mad!!!!

You've gone mad.

Yeah I think you're right. In my defence though the only other time I tried neat gin it was berthas revenge so maybe it was just the initial strong taste that was similar. That's my excuse anyway.

Dingle Gin and slimline Fever Tree - I'm addicted:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Dingle Gin and slimline Fever Tree - I'm addicted

Just that with ice ??

Dingle Gin and slimline Fever Tree - I'm addicted:o

Fevertree light.
    Slimline suggests it's full of artificial sweetener like Schweppes slimline. Fevertree light essentially has less sugar than their regular one.

As tonic goes, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was at the press launch of the Irish Gin & Tonic festival last night, and I got a chance to try out a good few Irish gins and talk to their producers. There's a huge range of flavours out there, and it's really wonderful to see the diversity

Silver Spear
    Glendalough Wild Botanical
    Thin Gin
    Mor Irish Gin
    Ha'penny Gin
    Bonac 24
    Drumshanbo Gunpowder Gin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Tesco are flogging Tanqueray for €20/70cl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Rfrip

oleras wrote: »
    Tesco are flogging Tanqueray for €20/70cl.

Is it tanqueray ten?

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    Is it tanqueray ten?

At that price, I sincerely doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Rfrip

At that price, I sincerely doubt it.

I was being hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tanqueray 10 is soooo cheap on Amazon. Shame theres no way to get it delivered :(

Edit: As is Hendricks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,505 ✭✭✭✭L1011

SBP had a gin supplement at the weekend - one item advertised was a home gin kit to base off vodka. Cork Dry must be quaking in their boots :pac:

dudara wrote: »
    I was at the press launch of the Irish Gin & Tonic festival last night, bla bla bla lawdeedaw etc

Well thanks for the invite:mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭limnam

I got a gin supplement with one of the editions of whiskey magazine recently

Did a tour of international Gin. Was really surprised not to see a mention of any Irish gins as there's a few decent ones knocking about now.

limnam wrote: »
    I got a gin supplement with one of the editions of whiskey magazine recently

Did a tour of international Gin. Was really surprised not to see a mention of any Irish gins as there's a few decent ones knocking about now.

A lot of these kind of things are more advertising than journalistic content and are rather expensive to be included in.

Had a Blackwater this evening in Jacobs on the Mall. I had it with Poachers tonic, some rosemary and a nice bit of orange peel. Delicious :)

Was passing through T2 at Dublin Airport and I noticed that they've really upped the quality of their gins. A great selection now of international and Irish gins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

dudara wrote: »
    Was passing through T2 at Dublin Airport and I noticed that they've really upped the quality of their gins. A great selection now of international and Irish gins.

Insanely expensive though!

• Advertisement

I think my favourite is Glendalough Gin with Fevertree plain or Elderflower.

Herno Hin from Sweden won a lot of awards and is lovely too. Citrusy and suited for summer.

Dingle Gin is lovely too. As is Hendricks.

Don't like Bombay Sapphire at all. Yuck.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Insanely expensive though!

No great bargains, but in terms of tourism & promoting the industry, it's a good initiative.

Breaking news :
    Blackwater No5 won Gold at the International Wine and Spirits Competition - the only Irish gin to do so.

Boyle's Gin won silver.

Very pleased with ourselves, we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Breaking news :
    Blackwater No5 won Gold at the International Wine and Spirits Competition - the only Irish gin to do so.

Boyle's Gin won silver.

Congratulations!

Breaking news :

Boyle's Gin won silver.

Well done, that's a brilliant achievement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Me too :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

And as it's on special in Tesco for €26 at the moment, it's the perfect excuse! :D

Quackster wrote: »

And as it's on special in Tesco for €26 at the moment, it's the perfect excuse! :D
    I just got some €5 off €25 vouchers from Tesco this morning. It's a sign!!

• Advertisement

Just realised that Blackwater Distillery has been short listed for IWSC Gin producer Trophy. One of 5!

Results in Nov.

Advertisement