Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Internationals Wk 1: How I Learned to Stop Working and Love the Bomb...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

kerr barlow isn't playing for a start.

I got the name wrong. I got the law right. One of those things is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Wales lost that forward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

New Zealand offloading like Connacht here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Naholo just did North there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Naholo just lost his chance of playing at the 2019 World Cup under Lord Schmidt with that offload

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

errlloyd wrote: »

you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The difference was the bench. Hansen went at 45 minutes Gatland at 65. NZ bench was excellent.

Wouldn't be a Barnes game without a dodgy forward pass ruling.

Faletau, North & Williams were excellent for Wales.

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Loved that. Turned ball over on their own try line and didn't boot it away. Through the hands right up to the Wales 22, just unlucky with the last offload.

You didn't get the law right though. Passes go directionally forward all the time. Relative to the momentum of the passer though they aren't considered forward passes.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    The difference was the bench. Hansen went at 45 minutes Gatland at 65. NZ bench was excellent.

Wouldn't be a Barnes game without a dodgy forward pass ruling.

Faletau, North & Williams were excellent for Wales.

I think the fact one of the teams are at the end of their season also made a fair difference to be fair

• Advertisement

North is badly hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

North down again.

Shouldn't have been allowed back on after hurting his leg the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

have some of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

cracking game, Wales fell off badly though.

Hats off to wales fantastic effort. If they'd scored just before half-time...

Sam Cane should be a touch nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Feck I didn't even realise Warburton was playing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hard luck Wales. NZ always seem to have another gear. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Very entertaining game, hopefully it will be a sign of things to come over the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

awec wrote: »
    Wales don't have the fitness levels to win these games.

What does this mean? Two professional teams, what do NZ do that means they are fitter when both sets of guys train for most of the year? Genuinely curious here.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Wales not clinical enough.

Missed a few opportunities throughout the game & the line out went AWOL big time in the second half.

Attitude was good and we showed what we could do if we open the game up as we possess some excellent runners.

NZ do what NZ do .....they make mistakes coz they take risks ... I thought at half time that we would need 35 points ........

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Given the coach and opposition, I reckon several spots were booked in the Lions squad today.

I'd be interested to know which ones impressed you Buer.

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

TeoReid wrote: »
    What does this mean? Two professional teams, what do NZ do that means they are fitter when both sets of guys train for most of the year? Genuinely curious here.

Well firstly Wales are at the end of their season and NZ only in the middle of theirs.

Wales looked out on their feet the last 10/15 mins.

molloyjh wrote: »
    You didn't get the law right though. Passes go directionally forward all the time. Relative to the momentum of the passer though they aren't considered forward passes.

The momentum thing gives you a margin for error, but it's not a hard and fast rule (otherwise you could legitimately abuse it). The ball goes further forward than it does sideways. I've seen the demo gridline video, I understand at full pace it is almost impossible to throw a ball that doesn't travel forward a little. Cruden threw a kind of loopy crap pass, it landed 7 metres in front of where he threw it.

I'll accept I'm in the minority here, I thought it was forward live, I thought it was forward on the replay, and I've just rewound and I still think it's forward.

The momentum thing gives you a margin for error, but it's not a hard and fast rule (otherwise you could legitimately abuse it). The ball goes further forward than it does sideways. I've seen the demo gridline video, I understand at full pace it is almost impossible to throw a ball that doesn't travel forward a little. Cruden threw a kind of loopy crap pass, it landed 7 metres in front of where he threw it.

I'll accept I'm in the minority here, I thought it was forward live, I thought it was forward on the replay, and I've just rewound and I still think it's forward.

You're in a very tiny minority!

It's weird though, I'm in two WhatsApp groups of pretty dedicated rugby fans who were all satisfied it was forward. One of them is all kiwis...

It's weird though, I'm in two WhatsApp groups of pretty dedicated rugby fans who were all satisfied it was forward. One of them is all kiwis...

Well pretty much ever Welsh person I follow on Twitter said it wasn't forward, as well as all the usual Irish types. I think Murray probably got it spot on

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/741559193635856384

What impressed me most about NZ in that second half wasn't the offloading. It was the ability to take the ball to the line and make the decision on what to do there. If they fixed a defender the pass was thrown and if they didn't they went themselves. Really simple stuff done well.

After a surprise upset this morning it's time for the English to restore order and sort out these soft southern hemisphere types

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Great game and the margin could have been greater if Wayne Barnes had gone to Specsavers. Good to see that normal service has resumed with the All Blacks despite a very rusty first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Ball travelled at least 5 metres forward from where it was passed and it gave the receiving player an unfair advantage over the chasing players. Good call from Barnes.

To be frank though, it shouldn't have even been up for debate as it was a 3-on-1 and Cruden didn't need to force it. A simple draw and pass puts NZ under the posts.

Advertisement