Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I got a password reset back.

Looks like I didn't get in. What a relief. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Has anyone received any confirmation of either success or failure? The theory that successful ballot winners will have a payment attempt accepted now through the link posted above sounds plain barmy to me. :rolleyes:

http://www.runbritain.com/news/london-marathon-ballot-results-go-out-next-week?page=&pagesize=&from=&to=&author=&range=

Everyone who has won a place in the ballot will receive a confirmation letter and magazine through the post. Unsuccessful applicants will receive either a magazine or will be emailed an e-zine.

Applicants who have not received their ballot result are asked to wait until Tuesday 18 October before contacting the London Marathon helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

Agreed it's a crazy assumption to make. We don't even know if the link works. I'm waiting till confirmation is official.

Stop trying to take my failure away from me guys... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Stop trying to take my failure away from me guys... :(

There's always the GFA!

(Next year.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The wording is open to interpretation in the magazine, but it could be saying that the payment link doesn't go live until the 18th October and you then have another couple of weeks to pay during. It's a bit ambiguous though, and with a GFA place only in the house so far I can't confirm either way if what the payment link shows means anything or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭joesoap5

Murph_D wrote: »
    Has anyone received any confirmation of either success or failure? The theory that successful ballot winners will have a payment attempt accepted now through the link posted above sounds plain barmy to me. :rolleyes:

http://www.runbritain.com/news/london-marathon-ballot-results-go-out-next-week?page=&pagesize=&from=&to=&author=&range=

Everyone who has won a place in the ballot will receive a confirmation letter and magazine through the post. Unsuccessful applicants will receive either a magazine or will be emailed an e-zine.

Applicants who have not received their ballot result are asked to wait until Tuesday 18 October before contacting the London Marathon helpdesk.

The fact that anyone thinks an IT department is that well organised is what seems barmy to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Murph_D wrote: »

yeah maybe, like i said it is just a theory but we will have to wait until next week to know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

7hgZVSU.png

Got this far this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

7hgZVSU.png

Got this far this morning

Did they accept your details though after you entered them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

tang1 wrote: »

Had that screen just come up for me and got excited, it still doesn't work with an attempt to log into the next screen though. Will just have to carry on waiting for the postie I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Yer all bonkers, wait for the official email before you start drowning your sorrows!!

tang1 wrote: »

No, I thought it was working off my cookies. But I cleared them and got the same screen so i am assuming this is the new landing page for entry.

Still cant find me on the system so I'm assuming that I didn't get in either.

Was getting all excited

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I got a password reset back.

Looks like I didn't get in. What a relief. :D

Think it was a relief for me also.

Donore 5k next big target.

Firedance wrote: »
    Yer all bonkers, wait for the official email before you start drowning your sorrows!!

But the bottle is just there and the glass is already in my hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Maybe I need to increase how frequent I'm checking my email today for the notification to show up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Singer wrote: »
    Maybe I need to increase how frequent I'm checking my email today for the notification to show up...

I'm trying that B, doesn't appear to be working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

My brother, who I live with in the UK (Ahem) tells me there might be a package at home for me (like a t-shirt?) I think that spells defeat for me. Don't they send you a jacket or something if you are unsuccessful and donate your entry fee to charity? No email yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

RedRunner wrote: »
    My brother, who I live with in the UK (Ahem) tells me there might be a package at home for me (like a t-shirt?) I think that spells defeat for me. Don't they send you a jacket or something if you are unsuccessful and donate your entry fee to charity? No email yet though.

They send a magazine to everyone who got it.

They send a different magazine to some of those who didn't get in, and an e-zine via email to everyone else.

If you get the top then it's a no unfortunately.

It is generally a very nice top that they send though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

robinph wrote: »

Only in the UK though?

Only in the UK though?

Yep, and only if you donate your entry fee.

This has to be the weirdest entry structure of all the big 6

robinph wrote: »

Yep, that's what I thought alright. Will find out for sure later but not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I understand the numbers of entries involved are huge, but is it not possible for all the emails to be sent at a specific time? Or am I just pretty ignorant to the processes involved in emailing a quarter of a million people in one go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

healy1835 wrote: »
    I understand the numbers of entries involved are huge, but is it not possible for all the emails to be sent at a specific time? Or am I just pretty ignorant to the processes involved in emailing a quarter of a million people in one go?

If they used a service like mail chimp it could be done from late at night into early morning without much fuss.
    Seeing they are sponsored by Virgin Media I'd assume that the ISP problem wouldn't exist here.

So yes they could manage it better but the yes/no, hitting F5 until your keyboard breaks adds to the aura of the event building the panic about getting in, Dublin marathon this year is an example of that.

This has to be the weirdest entry structure of all the big 6

But the cheapest.

Well it's confirmed. Not successful:( but I did get a nice new jacket. Just hope it fits now! Best of luck to those who get a place. It's a brilliant event. My one and only trip around the course in 2014 will stay long in the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

The person living in my UK "address" informs me that something arrived from London marathon but it was too big to fit in his letterbox, obviously that's the running top.
    Gutted. :(

• Advertisement

Has anyone actually received a rejection email yet? Every time my phone buzzes I think that's it - I normally get these lotteries when I'm not actually in a position to do the race though so I'm now expecting to get a place. :rolleyes:

Advertisement