Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Did anyone here complain to Comreg about Lyca's antics re E.U roaming?

According to the comreg website we need to complain to Lyca first as customers of theirs which I am not (yet anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What are Lycamobiles EU charges? As i understand it (unless i have read it incorrectly), they offer roaming.
    When abroad, the charges are:

To call Irish Landlines 9c per minute
    To call Irish Lycamobile Mobiles 5c per minute
    To call all other Irish Mobiles 15c per minute
    To send an SMS to an Irish phone is 6c per SMS
    Data 9c Per MB
    To receive calls and texts is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Suckit wrote: »
    What are Lycamobiles EU charges? As i understand it (unless i have read it incorrectly), they offer roaming.
    When abroad, the charges are:

To call Irish Landlines 9c per minute
    To call Irish Lycamobile Mobiles 5c per minute
    To call all other Irish Mobiles 15c per minute
    To send an SMS to an Irish phone is 6c per SMS
    Data 9c Per MB
    To receive calls and texts is free.

Your not allowed use your bundled mins,texts or data while roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah. Okay, so if i top up for the month €15 or whatever, that credit is useless abroad?
    I need separate credit?

Suckit wrote: »
    Ah. Okay, so if i top up for the month €15 or whatever, that credit is useless abroad?
    I need separate credit?

How did you come to that conclusion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

more so, you need credit as your included minutes/data are not usable abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

And watch out at 9 cent per mb,, if your like myself and would used 1gb per week that's €90 euro . What a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

castle2012 wrote: »
    And watch out at 9 cent per mb,, if your like myself and would used 1gb per week that's €90 euro . What a rip off

And it's primarily for that reason that I'm in the process of switching 3 members of my family from Lyca to ID Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

I thought there was a max out of bundle charge per GB when roaming nder the new rules even if they don't give you any for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Lyca will not allow you to use your national Irish bundles in the EU you have to use their payg rates. Data is now .09c/MByte. I think that is illegal. Someone needs to contact ComReg.

• Advertisement

IdHidden wrote: »
    Lyca will not allow you to use your national Irish bundles in the EU you have to use their payg rates. Data is now .09c/MByte. I think that is illegal. Someone needs to contact ComReg.

That's good value for roaming data most of them are a little over 0.9c/MB (a little over €9/GB) in line with EU rules

I might be mistaken but I don't see any way of contacting Lyca customer care, do they have customer care?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

That's good value for roaming data most of them are a little over 0.9c/MB (a little over €9/GB) in line with EU rules

I might be mistaken but I don't see any way of contacting Lyca customer care, do they have customer care?

01 437 2322 or from Lycamobile 1923

It's at the top of their homepage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wouldn't even bother trying to call them. I called once and was on the phone at least half an hour before I got through and then they are Indian with funny accents who can barely understand you and you can barely understand them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Has anyone else's internet been bad the past 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I moved to . 4g speed a massive improvement compared to 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭pjq

Colmthe person wrote;
    "That's good value for roaming data most of them are a little over 0.9c/MB (a little over €9/GB) in line with EU rules"

I think that €90- calculation is the correct one?

I just ordered a sim from 48 , the plan is to use the €10- monthly membership for calls and data in the Baltics and Finland. After the holiday I'll think of Lyxit for 3 family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I just bought the 12GB sim from Three UK and plan to use that whenever I'm travelling either in Europe or the States. Then use Lyca at home as it's only costing me €7.50 a month. And I'm sure at some stage Lyca will end up being forced by comreg to let you use your bundle minutes/texts/data while EU roaming.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I just bought the 12GB sim from Three UK and plan to use that whenever I'm travelling either in Europe or the States. Then use Lyca at home as it's only costing me €7.50 a month. And I'm sure at some stage Lyca will end up being forced by comreg to let you use your bundle minutes/texts/data while EU roaming.

That is exactly what I'm doing. Well I already had the Three SIM and have 6 months left on it.

pjq wrote: »

Colmthe person wrote;
    "That's good value for roaming data most of them are a little over 0.9c/MB (a little over €9/GB) in line with EU rules"

I think that €90- calculation is the correct one?

I just ordered a sim from 48 , the plan is to use the €10- monthly membership for calls and data in the Baltics and Finland. After the holiday I'll think of Lyxit for 3 family members.

I think it originally said 9c/GB or something like that... I said I'd stick with three for the moment until Lyca start playing ball with their EU rates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anybody getting 4g from lyca yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody else having problems topping up their account or buying a bundle?

I set myself and my teen up on this. I've tried IE and Chrome with 3 different credit cards on 3 different computers/tablets and I keep getting an error message telling me that unfortunately my order was unsuccessful.

CS is only open until 6pm and neither of the 2 of us can use phone or data. I'm going stir crazy with it.

Anybody else having problems topping up their account or buying a bundle?

I set myself and my teen up on this. I've tried IE and Chrome with 3 different credit cards on 3 different computers/tablets and I keep getting an error message telling me that unfortunately my order was unsuccessful.

CS is only open until 6pm and neither of the 2 of us can use phone or data. I'm going stir crazy with it.

I wasn't aware it was something you could opt out of... Very strange measures introduced by the EU here

I wasn't aware it was something you could opt out of... Very strange measures introduced by the EU here

See how long it lasts before customers start opting out of Lyca. Anyone going on holidays this year will probably be looking into alternative providers soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'm sure they'll get challenged as they cannot just choose to opt out but until then lyca is useless for anyone going abroad.

You wonder will the other networks kick up a fuss now given that Lyca can make money from roaming where the other networks can not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

You wonder will the other networks kick up a fuss now given that Lyca can make money from roaming where the other networks can not?

I'd be interested to see if they do make money from roaming. I moved away from Lyca based on the roaming fees and I know plenty of others that have as well. Even though I have no trips planned to the EU I still moved.

I'd be interested to see if they do make money from roaming. I moved away from Lyca based on the roaming fees and I know plenty of others that have as well. Even though I have no trips planned to the EU I still moved.

Exactly right.
    Better to have things in place when you eventually do travel than be trying to sort out a new provider just before you travel.
    Even just going up the north will be a royal pain with Lyca, but a dream with all of the other providers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hi all,

Signed up ... got sim today.

Can't register on the site ... and can't make a call

It says my bundle has expired ... any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

Advertisement