Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

September1 wrote: »

I thought that was already explained? (genuine wonder).
    My understanding of it is that Lycamobile can no longer afford to offer the roaming that they had been as it would bankrupt them. And under EU rules, if that is the case, they are not required to.
    I also read somewhere amongst all of the Spanish, Dutch and German news stories that Lycamobile were asked to pay more to their providers once the roaming laws came in. A spokesperson (i think it was their CEO but i could be a mile off) said something about holding out so that they could rechallenge the main mobile telecoms providers with EU-wide deals.
    If i dreamed all of that it was a very odd dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Have a sim . Went to Galway earlier this week , no 3g coverage what so ever on most of the journey over and back

Have a sim . Went to Galway earlier this week , no 3g coverage what so ever on most of the journey over and back

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

castle2012 wrote: »

Odd I get 3G in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Odd I get 3G in Galway

I think he meant on the journey to Galway and then back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 aFISHionado

Yeah, I think I will go with Vodafone, its a 5er more a month but I just don't trust Lyca from what I have read on online.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

I just don't trust Lyca from what I have read on online.

What's there not to trust. They sell what they advertise and there are no hidden costs. It's fairly straightforward.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    What's there not to trust. They sell what they advertise and there are no hidden costs. It's fairly straightforward.

Loads of things if you ask these customers:

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.lycamobile.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Loads of things if you ask these customers:

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.lycamobile.co.uk

They are fine, only issue is their C/S is piss poor but there is a rep on facebook (Hector)who is great at sorting any problems.

BTW Where are Vodafone offering unlimited any network calls,texts and 30gb data for 20 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am back with lyca now after using my virgin mobile €5 for 5 months deal. I left Virgin after 4 months for to coverage issues. Delighted to be back with lyca.

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    They are fine, only issue is their C/S is piss poor but there is a rep on facebook (Hector)who is great at sorting any problems.

BTW Where are Vodafone offering unlimited any network calls,texts and 30gb data for 20 euro?

It's a student deal , you get 20gb and free spotify premium or sky sports for 20 quid. Not interested in minutes/texts as I don't use them anyway.

It's a student deal , you get 20gb and free spotify premium or sky sports for 20 quid. Not interested in minutes/texts as I don't use them anyway.

You can get 20gb on lyca for a tenner but Vodafone is 4g and they do have great coverage so probably worth the extra if its only data you need

You can get 20gb on lyca for a tenner but Vodafone is 4g and they do have great coverage so probably worth the extra if its only data you need

Yeah the better coverage/4g and spotify are worth it for me. You get 100 minutes and unlimited any network texts too if I do need them.

Yeah the better coverage/4g and spotify are worth it for me. You get 100 minutes and unlimited any network texts too if I do need them.
    Can you get the deal if your not a student?

castle2012 wrote: »
    Can you get the deal if your not a student?

I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I don't think so.

Very easy follow the steps

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102848875&postcount=1

Stevek101 wrote: »

This offer is officially open to anyone 16 to 25 or anyone with a valid student card.

This offer is officially open to anyone 16 to 25 or anyone with a valid student card.
    Thanks a mill great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

When you top up by the €15 should you see call allowance /data allowance details, and an expiry date in the bundle details section?

Nothing showing in mine after topping up by 15.

Double post

• Advertisement

When you top up by the €15 should you see call allowance /data allowance details, and an expiry date in the bundle details section?

Nothing showing in mine after topping up by 15.

After logging in you click the blue link 'view bundle details' then click the green button 'view details'. That should do it

After logging in you click the blue link 'view bundle details' then click the green button 'view details'. That should do it

Yep it's the now, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

so the missus is in Spain this week and taking her lycamobile phone with her. Is there something I must purchase for calls to work over there. Also is there a data bundle I can purchase for her to work there? Cheers for any advice

irishchris wrote: »
    so the missus is in Spain this week and taking her lycamobile phone with her. Is there something I must purchase for calls to work over there. Also is there a data bundle I can purchase for her to work there? Cheers for any advice

It would be cheaper to get a Vodafone X sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Suckit wrote: »
    It would be cheaper to get a Vodafone X sim.

Cheers and have vodafone x myself but she in Spain at minute with ltcamobile so if anyone could help would be appreciated thanks

irishchris wrote: »
    Cheers and have vodafone x myself but she in Spain at minute with ltcamobile so if anyone could help would be appreciated thanks

I am not 100% but i think that you are looking for the international bundle here https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle
    300 International and National minutes 3GB National data for 30 days €10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I think (not sure) that Lyca have standard roaming rates and any bundles are only for home use. Bundles that quote "international" are for calling interational numbers from home but not while you are roaming. Thats my understanding of it anyway.
    Link to Lyca roaming info

The header should be changed , as there is not free roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Tearing my hair out trying to buy this months bundle on childs phone.

Have literally tried everything and I just keep getting the error message that unfortunately my order was not successful. I'm using Verified by Visa code etc. It's a bloody head wreck.

Do regular shops sell credit? Bloody thing is sending me over the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

Do regular shops sell credit?.

Carphonewarehouse sell credit, some of the supermarkets too ( Supervalu & Centra maybe ? )

Advertisement