Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

castle2012 wrote: »
    Really is a great deal . Considering you keep your credit

Depends on what your needs are,I make a lot of calls so not so great for me

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Sorry to sound dumb!

How do you keep your credit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

Is lycamobile free roaming in usa over? Its not on their website anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Sorry to sound dumb!

How do you keep your credit ?

Not a dumb question at all. Most network s take your credit these days as you purchase a bundle. For me I top up with 15 euro , for topping up you get 30gb of data and 300 mins to other landlines or mobiles , I have an I phone and use wats app so I barely text the regular way . I think I'll find it hard to spend the credit in the month .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Inbox wrote: »
    I tried to use the porting number online but I keep getting this message,anyone else??

Dear Customer ,Your portout has been rejected due to the reason 'Pre/post flag mismatch' please contact your donor operator

I'm moving from tesco mobile and all the sim numbers are correct.

Did u ever get that sorted? Am getting the same message trying to port from Virgin.

Inbox wrote: »
    I tried to use the porting number online but I keep getting this message,anyone else??

Dear Customer ,Your portout has been rejected due to the reason 'Pre/post flag mismatch' please contact your donor operator

I'm moving from tesco mobile and all the sim numbers are correct.

Did u ever get that sorted? Am getting the same message trying to port from Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,321 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

doxy wrote: »

get in touch with Lyca Ireland on Twitter - their support is decent on there. I had porting problems sorted in short order through them.

lawred2 wrote: »
    get in touch with Lyca Ireland on Twitter - their support is decent on there. I had porting problems sorted in short order through them.

I messaged them on twitter after work. Seems the port failed because I'm on bill pay with Virgin. Can you not port from bill pay to pre pay???

I'll be well pissed if I'm stuck with Virgin. I only signed up with them to avail of the €5 for 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I rang and they told me that it's much easier to port from bill free/prepay. I was out of contract with 02 so rang three and asked them to put me on ready to go/prepay and the port out worked within an hour of me filling in the form then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭pjq

EU Roaming

Am I correct in thinking that Lyca have changed their post 15 June roaming charges from 29c initially announced, to 9c/15c (landline/mobile) for roaming in EU ?
    Does anybody know how the out of bundle 9c/mb compares to other networks? Would it be worthwhile for Lyca users to pick up a SIM from another Irish network before heading off on holidays in EU?
    I'm thinking of countries not included in their add on bundles http://www.lycamobile.ie/sysimages/editorfiles/Home_April_2015_IE1.pdf?awc=6022_1497521109_9e2968fa6c02f7833276d2e85e149ff8 . I see that 48month network seem to have 300mins +1gm for EU for €10- , so it might pay for itself if I make a few calls and use 100mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

pjq wrote: »
    EU Roaming

Am I correct in thinking that Lyca have changed their post 15 June roaming charges from 29c initially announced, to 9c/15c (landline/mobile) for roaming in EU ?
    Does anybody know how the out of bundle 9c/mb compares to other networks? Would it be worthwhile for Lyca users to pick up a SIM from another Irish network before heading off on holidays in EU?

It seems to me that Lyca will not allow you to use your bundle minutes & texts while roaming. They have implemented a payg system. I think thats illegal. All the other networks allow you to use your home minutes while roaming. Lyca are claiming that their bundles sre applicable to Ireland only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ironic that the network you could roam for free last year are now the network that aren't free when the rest are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Maybe they are talking about former roaming bundles? I contacted them for clarification but I never got any answer. If you look at T&C they say
    • If, over a 4 month period, your use of EU roaming services is greater than your domestic usage we will notify you of this and then charge you at national PAYG rates.

Which would suggest that maybe national bundles would work?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

From what I've seen Lyca seems to be the only company who are breaking the EU rules, well going by what they say on their website.

48 months also seem a bit dodgy, requiring you to switch down to the Guido plan in other to gain roaming privileges. You can't get EU roaming on either of their other two plans, which I believe is against the EU rules.

From what I can see, it looks like all the other companies are more or less following the rules and offering something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's the story with it, I thought the roaming allowance was just the same as what you have at home? I've been text by Eir on the sim only business plan that I can bring 6.3gb of my data allowance with me while roaming, I thought I could bring the full allowance?

cormie wrote: »
    What's the story with it, I thought the roaming allowance was just the same as what you have at home? I've been text by Eir on the sim only business plan that I can bring 6.3gb of my data allowance with me while roaming, I thought I could bring the full allowance?

Nope, its all the calls, texts and a portion of data (theres a formula from the EU). Vodafone allow all your allowance except most people's vodafone allowance is significantly less than your 6Gb

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

cormie wrote: »

There was a last minute change to the plans that mean that while calls and texts have to be the same as home, data can be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Today I took the plunge and switched to Virgin Mobile from Lyca.

There was no other choice really...

- €15p/m for first 6 months (€25 p/m after)
    - 30gb 4g Internet
    - Unlimited calls & texts
    - 5.5gb Data Roaming in EU

I'm away on holiday this weekend so the roaming was really important.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far. Virgin couriered a sim card to me today, and my number switched in less than 5 minutes.

I know it sounds overly positive and I must work for them, but I honestly don't. In fact I hate their TV service.

If Lycamobile are going to pull a fast one on us, then I'd recommend you all look in to the alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks folks, ok, so the EU directive thingy I read last year said the package will be exactly as it is at home, so they changed it so data is a certain % allowed from your at home allowance and that's EU wide?

That's a bit of a pity, I was thinking the same allowance at home thing would make competition a lot stronger and drive pricing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

bk wrote: »
    From what I've seen Lyca seems to be the only company who are breaking the EU rules
    I wonder will ComReg follow up with Lyca?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭maurice1

Can You spot the difference between normal rates and saver rates?
    http://lycamobile.ie/sysimages/mediamanager/EU_Roaming_IrelandEN.pdf

Are these prices for all calls or just for calls where no bundle is purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

So if you want some EU roaming on your holidays is the ID Mobile €15 a month plan the new Lyca?

I've two teenagers who use feck all minutes but loads of data and will be heading to France in a few weeks. Should I switch them over to ID? I assume ID is a piggy back network but it claims to offer 4G so I guess it's not on the old O2 3G network that Lyca is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

So if you want some EU roaming on your holidays is the ID Mobile ?15 a month plan the new Lyca?

I've two teenagers who use feck all minutes but loads of data and will be heading to France in a few weeks. Should I switch them over to ID? I assume ID is a piggy back network but it claims to offer 4G so I guess it's not on the old O2 3G network that Lyca is on?

I know it's a fiver more, but surely the Vodafone x student deal at ?20 is the deal to go with, with 20gb 4g data both at home and roaming and free spotify or sky sports ?

I know it's a fiver more, but surely the Vodafone x student deal at ?20 is the deal to go with, with 20gb 4g data both at home and roaming and free spotify or sky sports ?

Na, it's only 100 minutes and I already have a family Spotify account with access to all the premium sports channels. They use Spotify all the time but rarely can be ar$ed watching live sports. They watch the odd match with me but that's about it.

2 X €5 X 12 months = €120 in my pocket. Think I'll stick with either Lyca or switch for ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I've two teenagers who use ...loads of data and will be heading to France in a few weeks.

Boom!
    They use loads of data?
    Personally I'd switch them to Vodafone X for at least the month. You can always port back afterwards.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Boom!
    They use loads of data?
    Personally I'd switch them to Vodafone X for at least the month. You can always port back afterwards.

They'll have access to WiFi in France so the outdoors data requirement is going to be well less than 1gb whilst we're there so i think ID Mobile will do. Porting is a pain.

Porting is dead easy on payg, you could do it every month. Never took more than few mins for me and I went vodafone- o2 - Tesco - lyca - Tesco - meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

So if you want some EU roaming on your holidays is the ID Mobile €15 a month plan the new Lyca?

The data is pretty similar but Lyca offer unlimited calls and texts to all networks, id offer 300 mins 0 texts and unlimited own network calls/texts

I imagine that where EU roaming is concerned Lyca will most likely be forced to refund their customers that aren't getting the new EU deal (possibly with interest as free credit) sooner than later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did anyone here complain to Comreg about Lyca's antics re E.U roaming?

Advertisement