Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Signed up ... got sim today.

Can't register on the site ... and can't make a call

It says my bundle has expired ... any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

What does it say when you try to register? Do you get an error?

Also, did you purchase a bundle when you ordered the SIM? They should have emailed you an activation code when you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

What does it say when you try to register? Do you get an error?

Also, did you purchase a bundle when you ordered the SIM? They should have emailed you an activation code when you paid.

Yes I got an error .. mandatory fields were't filled when they were

Next problem - I purchased a bundle but never got the activation code you mentioned

EDIT: Rang CS and got the email re-sent. All up and running now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Here is another interesting case from Netherlands: https://www.telecompaper.com/news/lycamobile-drops-roaming-on-national-prepaid-bundles--1201900

I wonder what is story behind such approach from Lyca, they have been most roaming friendly network which caused a lot customers to choose them. Now they seem to go same route as TM did in second last iteration of roaming rules, the worst allowed (or maybe even illegal) option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.telecompaper.com/news/spains-lycamobile-second-mvno-to-opt-out-of-free-eu-roaming--1201283 
    Lycamobile’s listed out of bundle price for EU data roaming is 16.9 eurocents per MB, equivalent to over EUR 173 per GB, while out of bundle voice calls to other operators are charged at 19 eurocents per minute, plus a 38 eurocent set up fee. Under the EU regulation, operators can opt out of roam-like-at-home and continue to apply regulated surcharges if they can prove to their national watchdog that they will lose money if forced to apply the measure. A recent Telecompaper report revealed that several EU operators have already adopted the opt-out, including Finnish operators Elisa and DNA, as well as all the operators in Lithuania and Estonia, O2 Slovakia and Voo in Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Here are the latest International bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

International bundles also available online
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle?id=INT

NOTE. DATA IS NATIONAL ONLY IE IRELAND.

Europe Plus
    €10
    30 Days
    300 Mins
    3 GB National Data

International Red
    €12
    30 Days
    800 Mins
    1GB

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Those bundles do not include roaming. They aren't international bundles in that sense.

What they include is free calls from Ireland to those listed countries. These plans are basically aimed at foreigners living in Ireland who want to phone home.

I repeat they are NOT for roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This deal from Virgin looks pretty good: https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

€15 for the first 6 months and you get 5.5GB/month EU roaming, there's no contract, so you can just go with them for 6 months @ €15 p/m and then jump again after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

cormie wrote: »
    This deal from Virgin looks pretty good: https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

€15 for the first 6 months and you get 5.5GB/month EU roaming, there's no contract, so you can just go with them for 6 months @ €15 p/m and then jump again after that!

Only problem with this is that they have big issues dealing with short codes (texts from your bank etc.):
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057519923

That's what is stopping me taking up the Virgin deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cormie wrote: »

That offer is only for existing VM customers (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

How can one confirm that I'm getting 4G connectivity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

seligehgit wrote: »
    How can one confirm that I'm getting 4G connectivity?

It will say 4G or LTE beside the signal symbol on the phone and then to confirm you can do a speed test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

It will say 4G or LTE beside the signal symbol on the phone and then to confirm you can do a speed test.

Yeah I've my phone set to LTE/4G but I've yet to see 4G beside the signal symbol?

What sort of download and upload speeds should I see with a speed test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yeah I've my phone set to LTE/4G but I've yet to see 4G beside the signal symbol?

If you are asking about 4g on Lycamobile it's not an option yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm not sure above 6Mb download anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

So everyone... Just a quick one with relation to the new EU directive on roaming in Europe... If we have this €15 package automatically renewing on a monthly basis, are we entitled to get Internet whilst away in europe.. I know we get calla and texts, just not sure about data,...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So everyone... Just a quick one with relation to the new EU directive on roaming in Europe... If we have this €15 package automatically renewing on a monthly basis, are we entitled to get Internet whilst away in europe.. I know we get calla and texts, just not sure about data,...

I stand corrected here but I don't think you get calls and texts while roaming anymore, that's my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Something strange about Lyca I heard from a friend today, he has a dual SIM phone and is using his Lyca SIM for data. Facebook/Messenger/Chrome etc all work fine but BBC news and BBC iPlayer radio will only work if he turns on "Data Roaming"

Anybody with a thought as to why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Something strange about Lyca I heard from a friend today, he has a dual SIM phone and is using his Lyca SIM for data. Facebook/Messenger/Chrome etc all work fine but BBC news and BBC iPlayer radio will only work if he turns on "Data Roaming"

Anybody with a thought as to why this is?

Not sure why but you have to have data roaming on on all mnvos as you are effectively roaming on 3s network in lycas case. He should have it on all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Guys,

A departing Lycamobile customer here. This was a great deal so thanks again OP for setting up the thread. I need EU roaming so have switched to ID.

Last question. How do I disable auto top up of my bundle and/or top-up now that I've switched my Lyca sim over to ID?

• Advertisement

Guys,

A departing Lycamobile customer here. This was a great deal so thanks again OP for setting up the thread. I need EU roaming so have switched to ID.

Last question. How do I disable auto top up of my bundle and/or top-up now that I've switched my Lyca sim over to ID?

It cancels itself once you port out.

is ID better than Vodafone X for roaming? couple of 18 year olds going inter-railing for a few weeks.

Suckit wrote: »
    is ID better than Vodafone X for roaming? couple of 18 year olds going inter-railing for a few weeks.

Don't know about iD but with Vodafone you get the full 20GB allowance to use while abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Not sure why but you have to have data roaming on on all mnvos as you are effectively roaming on 3s network in lycas case. He should have it on all the time.

That's what I thought. But other apps that use data work fine without this option (I'm pretty sure it was data roaming) pressed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Do they still do free roaming in the USA (within your bundle)? Can't see any mention of it on their website anymore.

Do they still do free roaming in the USA (within your bundle)? Can't see any mention of it on their website anymore.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

doxy wrote: »

No, unfortunately they seem to have dropped it! :(

BTW it was only calls and texts anyway, not data.

bk wrote: »

Crap. That's the only reason I'm with them. What's the cheapest network for roaming in the states now? I don't need data.

Crap. That's the only reason I'm with them. What's the cheapest network for roaming in the states now? I don't need data.

• Advertisement

Month 1: Top-up by €15 - Get 10GB data, Unlimited calls, extra €1.50 credit, keep the €16.50 of credit
    Month 2: Use €15 of the €16.50 of credit from last month to buy the Ireland Plus Bundle, which gives you 30GB data, unlimited calls and texts.
    Month 3: Repeat.

You basically pay just €15 every second month, which works out roughly €7.50 per month.

Which Bundle is that?
    Is it Ireland Plus?
    I never get to keep my credit, so i am guessing it is a different bundle.

Advertisement