Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrant in London slams immigrants

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

He's seeing his livelihood destroyed and more than likely hasn't had the optionions open to lot on here ie education and career opportunities.
    The real hypocrisy is the contemptuous, im alright attitude to workers in semi skilled employment and trades whose wages have remained stagnent with reduced rights.

More than likely? You know this how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

I wouldn't worry too much about the Northern Secretary. At the end of the day she is an English Westminster MP and has to protect her seat.

The politics she's playing have nothing to do with NI.

The ironyof complaining about unelected elites in Brussels while being the modern equivalent of a viceroy administering a region that never elected you or even voted for your party! It's is pretty hilarious

Not to mention the House of Lords which makes the Seanad and European commission look like bastions of modern representative democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He's seeing his livelihood destroyed and more than likely hasn't had the optionions open to lot on here ie education and career opportunities.
    The real hypocrisy is the contemptuous, im alright attitude to workers in semi skilled employment and trades whose wages have remained stagnent with reduced rights.

Utter tripe. He went to England to make a better life for himself. Now he wants to deny others the right to do the same as himself. He's a massive hypocritical Bellend.

Jayop wrote: »
    Utter tripe. He went to England to make a better life for himself. Now he wants to deny others the right to do the same as himself. He's a massive hypocritical Bellend.

Pulling up the ladder as it's known.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The UK is highly anti-inmigrant. This doesn't surprise me.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The UK is highly anti-inmigrant. This doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, even some of the immigrants by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

First Up wrote: »
    So the UK has a CTA with Ireland. Ireland has a CTA with the rest of the EU. Therefore......

Think about it.
    Ireland does not have a CTA with the rest of the EU. We stayed out of the Schengen agreement because the UK would not join, and if we had joined alone there would have need a need to introduce border controls between Ireland and the UK.

That is why I don't need my passport to go to Belfast or Birmingham, but I do need it to go to Berlin or Brussels.

Yeah, even some of the immigrants by the look of it.

All equally scum IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I once knew a Brazilian girl who left Ireland because she felt it wasn't "the real Ireland" any more because there were too many Asian people.

:rolleyes:

You can't walk by a newspaper stand in the UK without seeing something about immigrants gracing the front cover of one of their broadsheet rags.

• Advertisement

Ireland does not have a CTA with the rest of the EU. We stayed out of the Schengen agreement because the UK would not join, and if we had joined alone there would have need a need to introduce border controls between Ireland and the UK.

That is why I don't need my passport to go to Belfast or Birmingham, but I do need it to go to Berlin or Brussels.

OK - not a CTA but we have universal access to all EU countries, as they have with us. In the event of a Brexit, any EU citizen can come here and then avail of our CTA with the UK. Therefore border controls with N. Ireland are inevitable if they want to monitor and control immigration, which seems to be the main motivation for many on the vote leave side. In other words, the end of our CTA with Britain.

All equally scum IMHO.

Very sociable of you. Does that apply to the 1.25 million Brits living in other EU countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

What I'm gathering from all this talk is that Ireland is so closely linked to the Uk that if they vote to leave the EU, we should just leave too if things like a trade deal with the UK are not acceptable to the EU. We are far closer to the UK than we are to the likes of Germany or France in every way.

26 of the 32 counties of Ireland left the Uk about 100 years ago, the cultures are completely intertwined,are incredibly close and heavily interbred over the centuries etc. This guy's comments are pretty foolish but I do think there's a clear distinction between someone born in Ireland living in the Uk (or vice versa) and someone from Poland/China/whatever going to the Uk.

I expect that many here will not be able to agree with such a concept.

scoey wrote: »
    What I'm gathering from all this talk is that Ireland is so closely linked to the Uk that if they vote to leave the EU, we should just leave too if things like a trade deal with the UK are not acceptable to the EU. We are far closer to the UK than we are to the likes of Germany or France in every way.

26 of the 32 counties of Ireland left the Uk about 100 years ago, the cultures are completely intertwined,are incredibly close and heavily interbred over the centuries etc. This guy's comments are pretty foolish but I do think there's a clear distinction between someone born in Ireland living in the Uk (or vice versa) and someone from Poland/China/whatever going to the Uk.

I expect that many here will not be able to agree with such a concept.

China is not in the EU. Britain has far more immigrants from its former colonies in Africa and Asia than it does from elsewhere in Europe.

Britain was very happy to accept the Polish Air Force in WW2, so pilots are OK but hard working plumbers - no thanks.

We spend half our time giving out about 800 years of British oppression but when it suits us, our cultures are completely intertwined.

This is great stuff lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

You can't walk by a newspaper stand in the UK without seeing something about immigrants gracing the front cover of one of their broadsheet rags.

It isn't anti-immigrant enough, with all of those Pakistani child grooming gangs, South Asian youth acting like thugs from Compton and the white flight to avoid the areas they live in, I'm surprised Labour is still a strong as it is.

If I was living in Rotterham and Bradford, I'd long since be a BNP voter (I'd vote UKIP nowadays). The Brits aren't hostile to immigrants for no reason, they're hostile because immigrants and their offspring are acting the bollocks on their streets, Pakistani and Bangladeshi are particularly the biggest culprits.

It's not really surprising when you hear all sorts of horror stories from Pakistan about honour killings and atheist bloggers getting decapitated in Bangladesh. People are becoming more aware that multiculturalism sin't working in the UK and that's why there's a growing anti-immigrant sentiment.

At the end of day, it's not really their fault, it's their governments' fault for implementing a reckless immigration policy for the last 40-50 years and a lot of people want to live n the UK as they believe it's the land of milk and honey, but if you think Britain is hostile towards immigrants, you should see the rest of Europe, immigration control parties are doing much better than UKIP.

511 wrote: »
    It isn't anti-immigrant enough, with all of those Pakistani child grooming gangs, South Asian youth acting like thugs from Compton and the white flight to avoid the areas they live in, I'm surprised Labour is still a strong as it is.

If I was living in Rotterham and Bradford, I'd long since be a BNP voter (I'd vote UKIP nowadays). The Brits aren't hostile to immigrants for no reason, they're hostile because immigrants and their offspring are acting the bollocks on their streets, Pakistani and Bangladeshi are particularly the biggest culprits.

It's not really surprising when you hear all sorts of horror stories from Pakistan about honour killings and atheist bloggers getting decapitated in Bangladesh. People are becoming more aware that multiculturalism sin't working in the UK and that's why there's a growing anti-immigrant sentiment.

At the end of day, it's not really their fault, it's their governments' fault for implementing a reckless immigration policy for the last 40-50 years and a lot of people want to live n the UK as they believe it's the land of milk and honey, but if you think Britain is hostile towards immigrants, you should see the rest of Europe, immigration control parties are doing much better than UKIP.

Hilarious. You do realise that Britain's immigrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh have nothing whatever to do with Britain's membership of the EU?

Very sociable of you. Does that apply to the 1.25 million Brits living in other EU countries?

I'm not talking about immigrants I'm talking about those who complain about them constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

511 wrote: »

London voted for a Mayor who is a Terrorist Sympathiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

London voted for a Mayor who is a Terrorist Sympathiser.

It didn't really though.

I'm not talking about immigrants I'm talking about those who complain about them constantly.

Fair enough.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    It didn't really though.

It did

It did

It was in the Daily Mail so it must be true.

It did

Would you like to elaborate on that a small bit? People saying Khan is some sort of sympathiser with terrorists are just delusional like. He's as moderate a Muslim as they come.

Would you like to elaborate on that a small bit? People saying Khan is some sort of sympathiser with terrorists are just delusional like. He's as moderate a Muslim as they come.

He was well linked with one of terrorists from 9/11.

Funny I heard this on Saudi TV and not daily mail too(that's for previous poster)

Schengen is patchy enough though at present. A Belgian friend of mine was stopped for not having a passport entering France by train yesterday. they wouldnt accept her ID card without a massive argument.

12Phase wrote: »
    Schengen is patchy enough though at present. A Belgian friend of mine was stopped for not having a passport entering France by train yesterday. they wouldnt accept her ID card without a massive argument.

Can't blame them I guess after recent events

Funny I heard this on Saudi TV and not daily mail too(that's for previous poster)

What? This is ludicrous mate. Khan's law firm was involved in a legal case in which one fella featured, that's a far cry from Khan being "a terrorist sympathiser". This whole lark about Khan being suspect on that front was widely discredited during and after the campaign and even senior Tories have stated that publically now.

Youre barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Is every lawyer on every defence team "linked" to the alleged perpetrator? We have a lot of dodgy lawyers in that case.

And that's before we speak about his family who are total nutters, hate preachers is about the best of them.

But fair enough if ye think he good man. It's opinion

• Advertisement

What? This is ludicrous mate. Khan's law firm was involved in a legal case in which one fella featured, that's a far cry from Khan being "a terrorist sympathiser". This whole lark about Khan being suspect on that front was widely discredited during and after the campaign and even senior Tories have stated that publically now.

Youre barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Tories swimming for the In campaign will resign to anything.

Advertisement