Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro 12 semi final - Leinster v Ulster 20/05/2016, 19:45. Live on Sky, TG4, BBCNI

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Maybe when Leinster fans boo poor refereeing decisions or even opponents - as they do just as much as any group - they do it in a way that only the real rugby fan can hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Every stand has an element of colourful comments and language, I don't think anyone can point the finger on this island.

My worst experience was towards me from another Munster 'fan' at an away match in Sale. Play had stopped for a player who had gone down injured and this 'fan' in front of me was questioning why the stadium clock was still running. I leaned over and said 'oh it probably just doesn't follow the actual match clock'. He proceeds to then turn around and tell me "You haven't a ****ing clue what you're talking about". :confused:

So I haven't had it that bad! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Stephen Ferris
    Went to support Ulster in the 99 HEC Final against Colomiers and was called a Fenian Bastard.

As the saying goes there's always one.

One nutjob that is, not Fenian Bastards.

Was at the last Pro12 final between Leinster and Ospreys and there was one Leinster fan who was genuinely embarassing. In hindsight I think he may have had mental issues and there were even other Leinster fans going up to him asking him to cool it down and he told them where to go instead.

A mate of mine would also have had some bad experiences with Munster and Connacht fans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Last week I was sitting beside a sound guy from Ulster down with his young fella, behind us was a tosser of an Ulster fan shouting nonsense for 80 minutes but due to the way Dickheads follow me around along came a dickhead of a leinster supporter to sit beside him and they had great fun together like a right pair of pr1cks. The chap beside me said something about there always being one. These guys are everywhere and nobody can claim to have more or less of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

salmocab wrote: »
    Last week I was sitting beside a sound guy from Ulster down with his young fella, behind us was a tosser of an Ulster fan shouting nonsense for 80 minutes but due to the way Dickheads follow me around along came a dickhead of a leinster supporter to sit beside him and they had great fun together like a right pair of pr1cks. The chap beside me said something about there always being one. These guys are everywhere and nobody can claim to have more or less of them.

I tend to agree with you. I suppose it tends to be more obvious and pointed at soccer matches. At least that's what I suspect. Hopefully rugby isn't heading in the same direction. Many years ago I went to Windsor Park to watch Linfield vs Glentoran (Irish League soccer clubs who are both predominantly supported by the Protestant community). I found myself in the Glentoran section of the crowd. Never have I experienced such vitriol and naked hatred than that night. You would have thought Glentoran were playing Glasgow Celtic! It's a major reason I stopped going to soccer matches and only go to rugby games now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement